Great day for world cricket when.......

maniac

You gotta be out of your mind to miss Rayudu regardless of Shankar's performance. Even you admitted yourself "he gotta go" lol  Problem we missed the bus long back by not giving chances to youngsters. One of the reason we are even in this situation because of Kohli backing this clown Rayudu. I know Kohli doesn't like Young batsmen as much as young fast bowlers. When it comes to fast bowlers he wants young and fast. but when it comes to batsmen they have to be old. Preferably over 30. Over 35 have better chance.

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You gotta be out of your mind to miss Rayudu regardless of Shankar's performance. Even you admitted yourself "he gotta go" lol  Problem we missed the bus long back by not giving chances to youngsters. One of the reason we are even in this situation because of Kohli backing this clown Rayudu. I know Kohli doesn't like Young batsmen as much as young fast bowlers. When it comes to fast bowlers he wants young and fast. but when it comes to batsmen they have to be old. Preferably over 30. Over 35 have better chance.

I am saying relatively speaking Rayudu is the better option. Not saying he should be in the WC squad 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Apart from you and baba...

Jokes apart. Shankar is so bad that makes Rayudu look good that was the point. 

Rayudu can smack poor- average teams and bowlers  that much he has proven where as Shankar cannot handle even the basic situation against pathetic bowling. A couple of 40s doesn’t matter, even some tailenders have looked a million bucks in 1-2 innings when there was a collapse. 

Taking Rayudu in the squad who played in the no.4 slot for a year would have made a lot more sense than Shankar who has done nothing to earn it. Don’t think either belong though .

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rayudu can smack poor- average teams and bowlers  that much he has proven where as Shankar cannot handle even the basic situation against pathetic bowling. A couple of 40s doesn’t matter, even some tailenders have looked a million bucks in 1-2 innings when there was a collapse. 

Taking Rayudu in the squad who played in the no.4 slot for a year would have made a lot more sense than Shankar who has done nothing to earn it. Don’t think either belong though .

Rayudu is not needed to bash minnow. Rohit/Dhawan/Kohli and others can do.

Just now, maniac said:

I haven't followed SRH's matches much, so can't say for sure. IPL is never a good yardstick for ODI selection, that's all I have to say here. 

I think Rahul will start in the first few matches, hope he does an Aravinda cos he has the talent and on flat pitches his technique won't be scrutinized to a great extent. 

Gill, Agarwal and Pandey these are the only i would have taken over him if at all. Pandey is a stunning fielder. Not a bad ODI player. He sucks only in T20s. Also handles pressure well. I have mentioned this as well before the squad announcement. We were all too caught up on with Rayudu's selection.  At that point many preferred a rock over Rayudu lol This IPL performances of Shankar changes nothing. Not like Rayudu sizzled in this IPL.

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

KLR

Jadhav

Dhoni

Pandya

BK

This will be the top 8 I guess, at least for initial matches. 

Waise bhi #4 looks like a gone case no matter what change we make now, hopefully we get a 4th quick in the squad because that is a more important spot than MO candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I haven't followed SRH's matches much, so can't say for sure. IPL is never a good yardstick for ODI selection, that's all I have to say here. 

I think Rahul will start in the first few matches, hope he does an Aravinda cos he has the talent and on flat pitches his technique won't be scrutinized to a great extent. 

It isn’t however, even when someone is having an off season they show some utility. Every player from 1-14 in the WC squad has had moments to show some glimpses of what got them into the side. Even Kuldeep.

Shankar gives no confidence in the top order or in the slogger role neither does his bowling give confidence. Has hardly bowled. Fielding he is no Jadeja or Manish Pandey, just adequate.

How is he ahead of a genuine bat or a bowler?

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gill, Agarwal and Pandey these are the only i would have taken over him if at all. Pandey is a stunning fielder. Not a bad ODI player. He sucks only in T20s. Also handles pressure well. I have mentioned this as well before the squad announcement. We were all too caught up on with Rayudu's selection.  At that point many preferred a rock over Rayudu lol This IPL performances of Shankar changes nothing. Not like Rayudu sizzled in this IPL.

Fair enough

1 minute ago, maniac said:

It isn’t however, even when someone is having an off season they show some utility. Every player from 1-14 in the WC squad has had moments to show some glimpses of what got them into the side. Even Kuldeep.

Shankar gives no confidence in the top order or in the slogger role neither does his bowling give confidence. Has hardly bowled. Fielding he is no Jadeja or Manish Pandey, just adequate.

How is he ahead of a genuine bat or a bowler?

Based on his ODI outings? Kohli clearly mentioned IPL performances will not be considered.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Based on his ODI outings? Kohli clearly mentioned IPL performances will not be considered.

How can 2 scores of 40 get someone into the WC side ahead of the other contenders

Rayudu- a guy they backed for 1 year. Not impressive but atleast has numbers and some big knocks

Pant- A guy who has 2 test 100s

Khaleel- Another bowler they have backed and even though is a trundlers has a knack of picking wickets

Are they good enough or not is a different debate. They have more body of work and numbers than shankar.

They could have taken a punt with a total rookie.

As I said Shankar has pulled one of the greatest con jobs 

In the matches that Rayudu and Shankar played together, Shankar looked better. He won a match by bowling final over. He fielded way better than Rayudu. Shankar was good against pace, spin, bounce. Hackudu was all at sea against decent seamers.  We have a dedicated thread for Rayudu's horrible fielding mishaps. People were mad at Rayudu. At that point India preferred anyone but Rayudu. If they had backed someone like Agarwal or KL Rahul or Gill in place of him things would have been different.

That is just one thing. Another thing Pandya's back injury. Losing Pandya completely screwed up the balance in overseas conditions. He is the closest to be called as a batting all rounder to maintain the balance somewhat. He and side spinner helped finish 5th bowling quota. Don't think about going in with 5 full time bowlers 4 of them are rank tailenders.