What's your opinion on Mira Nair movies?

MechEng

Is she one of those far left people? Here's a scene from one of her movies:

https://youtu.be/uEqts3617Ts

Denzel Washington is clearly the bully here. The Indian father is absolutely right by being concerned about his daughter because he's new in the country and would be nervous regarding interracial relationships. But Denzel Washington plays the race card here and guilt trips him. I'm proud of Indian soft power but movie scenes like these make Indians look spineless.

dated. But not relevant anymore. She's trying to show how racist Indians in general are, but it is not racism from a Western White PoV, but a xenophobia that everybody experiences. Do you think Japanese are racist to reject Tennis champs and Miss Universe/Worlds that are not typically Japanese? West likes egalitarianism, but that doesn't fit their definition of racism, feminism, liberalism etc on non-western cultures, esp Indian and eastern sensibilities.  There is no definition of these terms that the west defines for everybody and the  apes here in east who want to ape the west and want to conform.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

dated. But not relevant anymore. She's trying to show how racist Indians in general are, but it is not racism from a Western White PoV, but a xenophobia that everybody experiences. Do you think Japanese are racist to reject Tennis champs and Miss Universe/Worlds that are not typically Japanese? West likes egalitarianism, but that doesn't fit their definition of racism, feminism, liberalism etc on non-western cultures, esp Indian and eastern sensibilities.  There is no definition of these terms that the west defines for everybody and the  apes here in east who want to ape the west and want to conform.

I will not call it xenophobia either, it's natural father instincts in play here. All fathers are protective about their daughters and Indian fathers especially are even sceptical about Indian boyfriend of their daughters. But just look at the body language of Denzel Washington here, it's intimidating throughout the scene, he's not even made efforts to build a rapport here and Indian fathers are easily impressed if their son in laws display genuine good behaviour irrespective of race. It's embarrassing to know she has a Padma Bhushan.

Dunno about this scene but she is far left based on interviews I have seen of her. Very anti-Israel and pro Muslim world. Her husband is a Muslim based in Uganda, an academician/scholar on Islamic matter in Africa. 

Edited by Gollum

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Dunno about this scene but she is far left based on interviews I have seen of her. Very anti-Israel and pro Muslim world. Her husband is a Muslim based in Uganda, an academician/scholar on Islamic matter in Africa. 

That is the thing.. Most of these libtards support the so called "minorities" only because of their affiliation, not because they are really liberal. You can always find one or the other connection. 

6 minutes ago, diga said:

That is the thing.. Most of these libtards support the so called "minorities" only because of their affiliation, not because they are really liberal. You can always find one or the other connection. 

Kali yug hai bhai, kis pe bharosa kare?

don't know about her political ideology, etc. but her movies are overrated. they pretend to be a lot deeper than they actually are. in fact, I'd argue that she has made a career by pandering, to some degree, to the west's own idea of how "exotic" or "repressed" or whatever else India is.