If you want to ban burqa , ban ghoonghat too. Monkey balancing psec style

coffee_rules

Exhibit from Liberal Atheist Humanist Muslim extremist apologist - Javed Akhtar. This thread is about his double standards and stupidity. There is no Hindu law that mandates ghoonghat, but there is one in Muslim personal law. It has been used to terrorism and also to conceal identity for voting etc. It has to be banned. 

Javed Akhtar has no opposition in Bollywood, likes of Amitabh Bachchan suck up to him so much.

Burqas image has maligned much more even though Burqa, chador, ghungat, ghund all are symbols of oppression. I can tolerate colorful ghungats more than black burqa, I know it's wrong to think like this but it is totally subconscious for me. I have always loved newly arrived Bhaiyya-Ranis in Punjab from UP/Bihar.

With Ghungat, woman could be a Hindu, Sikh or  belonging to any other Dharmic religion.

On the other side Burqa is very revolting.

I have noticed Indian muslims are more backward than Pakistani counterparts. Just go to Dubai to see dolled up Pakistani Punjabi aunties.

This was such a non-issue. The so called Hardline right wing BJP openly stated there was no need to ban it in India. Only the shiv sena wanted it banned and didn't really push hard on the subject. 

Lefties like Akhtar, although not carrying political weight, just tarnish their side with such ideas.

In my opinion, we are not handling the issue of Hijab/Burqa correctly. 

Muslim women should be made aware of these facts that:

1. Muhammad didn't introduce Hijab for Modesty, but he introduced Hijab as "discrimination" against the slave women. 

2. Actually, Muhammad kept the breasts of slave women naked. They were sold in this slave markets in this half naked state. 

3. Government officials used to beat those slave women, who by mistake took Hijab (telling them not to equate themselves with the free Muslim women by taking Hijab). 

I already wrote a detailed article about it here

I have huge success rate while discussing this issue with Muslims (especially the Muslim girls). 

Hijab exists in Muslim society only due to the reason that still 99% Muslims don't know these actual facts about Islam and Hijab. 

I am sure, if Muslim girls come to know about it, then they will themselves revolt against Hijab, through it away, and protest against Islam for doing so much injustice against the slave women. 

Ghunghat ,burqa, cover the head in front of elders or men are all extremely backward practices that are meant only to control women .

If a woman needs to cover her head or face in front of someone,that someone should be ashamed of himself / herself because it is a reflection on them and their character and backward mentality.

Edited by beetle

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

The only times one should cover head is in front of God ( if one wants) and in the sun.

Why God wants that women cover their heads in front of Him? 

Even most modern Punjabi girls and aunties in Pakistan cover their hairs when Azan starts, and uncover their hairs once when it is over.

14 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Why God wants that women cover their heads in front of Him? 

Even most modern Punjabi girls and aunties in Pakistan cover their hairs when Azan starts, and uncover their hairs once when it is over.

That is ...if you want.

I personally don't think God wants most of the stuff people do.

I am okay with it because even men cover the head.It is not gender specific .

Besides it is for a short duration and not a life style that one is forced to follow for ever .

If people don't want to ....that is fine too.

In the temples in south, people don't do that and that is fine.

Edited by beetle

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Ghunghat ,burqa, cover the head in front of elders or men are all extremely backward practices that are meant only to control women .

If a woman needs to cover her head or face in front of someone,that someone should be ashamed of himself / herself because it is a reflection on them and their character and backward mentality.

Agree, in present day and age, Hindus who are open to reform can do come out of ghoonghat. Besides, unlike Hijab/Burkha there is no dharmic or shastras connection to it. Some hadith or kalma would have been interpreted as justification of pardah. The culture of ghoonghat came from women avoiding invading Arabs and Turks, who would pick up anyone they would find remotely attractive. Once the invaders settled around like Moghuls, it became a menace and Hindu men started forcing their women in ghoonghats. Ye pratha South mein nahin hain. But, We had our own issues with widows who would be left bald and heads covered so no one would find her attractive. 

The point here is why do liberals go around preaching Hijab empowers women while ghoonghat is a sign of patriarchy. To equate the two, when one is coming from the books, while the other came from happenings in medeival India, is hypocritical of modern buddhijeevis.

Edited by coffee_rules