Match 53 ,DC vs RR,Kotla,16:00 IST, 4 may 2019

beetle

3 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

I believe Rahane is done as a t20 player see a lot of deadwoods like Unadkat Kulkarni being released from Royals squad and mediocre Aussies like Turner unless they retain Warne as mentor. 

Actually we need to move away from senior players to young players like Pant, Gill, Parag, etc. It will not only revitalize IPL but also make a good T20 international team. I think the seniors need to move away like in 2007. Dhoni, Rohit, Kohli need to stop using it for WC batting practice :lol:

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Actually we need to move away from senior players to young players like Pant, Gill, Parag, etc. It will not only revitalize IPL but also make a good T20 international team. I think the seniors need to move away like in 2007. Dhoni, Rohit, Kohli need to stop using it for WC batting practice :lol:

Only team that takes t20 very seriously are poyzz :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Likes of Dhoni, Rohit and kohli will never voluntary step down from T20i, they are too short sighted and money driven

These guys are no Dravid or Gambhir 

Look at Yuvi, still hanging onto hopes of playing for India even after being dumped by his IPL team

1 minute ago, chewy said:

Likes of Dhoni, Rohit and kohli will never voluntary step down from T20i, they are too short sighted and money driven

These guys are no Dravid or Gambhir 

Look at Yuvi, still hanging onto hopes of playing for India even after being dumped by his IPL team

He feels he doesn't needs to take retirement 

13 minutes ago, chewy said:

Promotion Relegation wont work in franchise system, team owners will veto it.

European football is deeply established amongst fans and support from associations and can survive without rich owners

In IPL if owners quits the team will fold and not exist

Why would an IPL owner quit the team if they got relegated? They would still have access to buy players as normal. The team would still run as normal. But there is an incentive for the team get promotion next season by playing well in the second division.

If Indians want to treat IPL as time pass and not bother about results why are there fanatics in the CSK and MI? Clearly IPL has the foundation ready for people to start forming fan bases and loyalty by players. Till you have mercenaries players hopping from one league to the other, the whole league will be mediocre quality wise- the money on offer due to sponsorships and TV rights wont change that simple fact.

6 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Really love Bishop as a commentator he is explaining how Iyer has evolved as a leader and last year under him DC won 4 out of 8 games and two games were close. In general Bishop is unbiased as a commentator. 

I wonder why we don't have more of him and more WI bilateral tours. I reckon our next tour to WI will be interesting to watch. Bishop takes his job seriously thats why he is good. He is not a Manju or Sunny who takes his job for granted and complain of racism. Racism against Indians in the IPL :lol: I know Manju is sh1t but Sunny became a big time bambi cheerleader last game. It was so cringeworthy in the final moments of an exciting match

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I wonder why we don't have more of him and more WI bilateral tours. I reckon our next tour to WI will be interesting to watch. Bishop takes his job seriously thats why he is good. He is not a Manju or Sunny who takes his job for granted and complain of racism. Racism against Indians in the IPL :lol: I know Manju is sh1t but Sunny became a big time bambi cheerleader last game. It was so cringeworthy in the final moments of an exciting match

All the Indian commies are cringeworthy to listen to in fact in Ipl at least guys like Kp,Doull,Clarke or Bishop save the commentary from being an embarrassment 

8 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Why would an IPL owner quit the team if they got relegated? They would still have access to buy players as normal. The team would still run as normal. But there is an incentive for the team get promotion next season by playing well in the second division.

If Indians want to treat IPL as time pass and not bother about results why are there fanatics in the CSK and MI? Clearly IPL has the foundation ready for people to start forming fan bases and loyalty by players. Till you have mercenaries players hopping from one league to the other, the whole league will be mediocre quality wise- the money on offer due to sponsorships and TV rights wont change that simple fact.

Becoz if you have put into millions, and playing in a lower division means lower match attendances, TV broadcasters will have little interest in telecasting , even top players will be reluctant to play in lower divisiion..bottom line team owners will.loose money

That's why even in US, franchise leagues like NBA, NFL, MLB don't have relegation / promotion  

I say, IPL needs to expand, to allow some.of the good players who don't get a game to play

Edited by chewy

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

It would help if some new owners take over Kings eleven the Jsw owners are at least trying to create a fanbase or I see them trying to promote the team which Gmr never did would be good if we get owners who are trying to win the tournament teams like DD or Kings were never there to win the trophy.