Pandya and Pant, the best power hitters in India

Hard to find WI type power hitters, who also play with an uncluttered mind, can get going immediately and confidently back themselves against any bowler, like Pandya and Pant in India 

That makes them rare talents. I hope that they continue to play their natural game and “coaches” do not try to turn them into “typical” Ind batsmen. These guys bring in the much needed freshness and variety to our batting! 

3 hours ago, zen said:

Hard to find WI type power hitters, who also play with an uncluttered mind, can get going immediately and confidently back themselves against any bowler, like Pandya and Pant in India 

That makes them rare talents. I hope that they continue to play their natural game and “coaches” do not try to turn them into “typical” Ind batsmen. These guys bring in the much needed freshness and variety to our batting! 

they have the highest two SRs in this IPL I think.

All these power hitters have issue against short balls. That includes Russell. That is what they will get in the world cup. They better practice their pull shot.  Karthik, Rohit, KOhli to some extent Rahul are the  genuine pull shot players in the squad. Others are just so so. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
5 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Pandya has really improved as a seam bowler. Not leaking runs like he used to, bowling economically and getting important wickets.

his experience in tests has contributed to some extent IMO, and of course gaining more int'l experience in ODIs and T20s

On 5/5/2019 at 1:41 PM, vvvslaxman said:

All these power hitters have issue against short balls. That includes Russell. That is what they will get in the world cup. They better practice their pull shot.  Karthik, Rohit, KOhli to some extent Rahul are the  genuine pull shot players in the squad. Others are just so so. 

Pant is very good against the short ball from what I have noticed. Importantly controls it and rolls his wrist while playing it. Take a lok at his pull shot gainst Wood off a 92 MPH delivery the other day.

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Pandya has really improved as a seam bowler. Not leaking runs like he used to, bowling economically and getting important wickets.

He can even better & consistent pace-wise without sacrificing control if he braces the front knee during delivery. But he has come a long way for sure.