Whats up with all twitteratis and Chowkidaar?

Cricketics

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Seriously, don’t care who on support but seeing so many people add “Chowkidaar”to their twitter handle looks so weird and funny.

Had ho gayi lol. People have gone crazy. Sab pagal ho gaye hai. This is reaching a diff level of idiocy. 

You should  add main  bhi pappu:two_thumbs_up:

Seriously, don’t care who on support but seeing so many people add “Chowkidaar”to their twitter handle looks so weird and funny.

Had ho gayi lol. People have gone crazy. Sab pagal ho gaye hai. This is reaching a diff level of idiocy. 

As usual you got the reply about Pappu when you didnt even mention anything about him.. This place is full of chowkidars.

4 hours ago, VT87 said:

You should  add main  bhi pappu:two_thumbs_up:

I did not know until recently that Rahul was called Pappu lol.

Honestly don't care about Rahul or anyone. Sad ghatiya hai mere hisaab se. Couldn't care less. I would support only Gambhir, and fk the rest. 

I don't support Gambhir because he belongs to BJP, I support him for just being himself. If we have more leaders like him, country could be better.

Don't give shyt about BJP or Congress or AAP and crap. 

32 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Honestly don't care about Rahul or anyone. Sad ghatiya hai mere hisaab se. Couldn't care less. I would support only Gambhir, and fk the rest. 

I don't support Gambhir because he belongs to BJP, I support him for just being himself. If we have more leaders like him, country could be better.

I agreed ,this chowkidar thing is cringeworthy but nowdays politics go down  so low ,that You have to distinguish yourself between us vs them.

Edited by VT87

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

As a Bong, i have had plenty of reasons to hate Cogress throughout the years but one DECISIVE point they lose on, is i am a staunch anti-monarchist and as such, the Gandhi family is the closest thing to being a 'royal dynasty' in democratic India. As long as the Gandhi family has any say whatsoever in Congress, i will auto-support their biggest competition, period. The risks of having a de-facto royal family in a nation of poor people, with low levels of education and 5000+ years of history of monarchy is way, way too big. Especially given that all history is disproportionately focussed on either the 'great monarchs' or a few terrible ones, ignoring the fact that the vast majority of monarch were not very competent at governing and instead, mostly partied around in their cultural styles for most part. Makes it easy to have a 'great awesome monarch is what we need' a dangerous thought. 

I am one of those chowkidaar. What's cringy about it? Rahul Gandhi has been abusing Modi - Chowkidaar chor hain, for more than 2 years, so BJP turned it around just like how in the last election they called him a chaiwallah and he was proud of it. These entitled people need a dose of their medicine who look down the people with low-paying jobs.

Even CNN has caught up with this frenzy now, named Sushma as "Chowkidaar Sushma Swaraj" :phehe:

https://www.newslaundry.com/shorts/cnn-story-quotes-chowkidar-sushma-swaraj-twitter-is-much-amused

WhatsApp-Image-2019-05-02-at-12.25.33-23

8 hours ago, Clarke said:

It's marketing. 

Chaiwala, pakodewala, chowkidaar are all attempts to connect with the lower income groups. The fact that opposition mocks those in any way bites them in elections.

Chai pe charcha is connecting with middle & upper middle class. 

India Shining didn't work for BJP in 2004. Elections are only won on raking emotions in India. So, Modi has found how do it it like Congress since 2001. So, bear it with it, Anything to keep out Congress is good. 

Edited by coffee_rules

So India has 1001 problems and this is what bugs you? If this is idiocy/pagalpanti, will gladly take it.

Nothing wrong with identifying oneself with a profession which is looked down upon by the privileged upper class. I don't mind associating myself with chaiwallah or chowkidaar or safai karmachari, this is what New India should aspire to be. Away from naamdaar society to one where there is dignity for all types of labour, towards a classless society. 

Edited by Gollum

Before 2014 Chaiwallah was looked down upon and then a Chaiwallah became PM, ask a local tea seller if it doesn't fill his heart with pride that a member of his profession was elected leader of the world's largest democracy that too with a huge mandate?

2019.....Chowkidaar

2024 hope another low status/paying profession gets the spotlight, we need to ape the western societies where all professions from janitor to doctor get dignity/respect accorded.