Babar Azam has evolved into a fine young batsman

Not sarcasm or jinxing or anything but he is pretty good.

Early on I thought he was a typical selfish Pakistani  batsman.

usually with Pakistan it is either the selfish tuk tuks or the brainless hacks and nothing in between. 

However this guy looks quality. Credit where due.

Edited by maniac
2 hours ago, maniac said:

Not sarcasm or jinxing or anything but he is pretty good.

Early on I thought he was a typical selfish Pakistani  batsman.

usually with Pakistan it is either the selfish tuk tuks or the brainless hacks and nothing in between. 

However this guy looks quality. Credit where due.

There were some good pak players who are neither selfish nor tuk tuk

1) Saeed anwar

2) Imram Khan

3) Inzy

4) Misbah - My personal favourite

Coming to this guy, he has future but i thought the same about kohli-look-alike (Can't remember his name)

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

1) Saeed anwar

2) Imram Khan

3) Inzy

Coming to this guy, he has future but i thought the same about kohli-look-alike (Can't remember his name)

shehzad (who was tuk-tuk)

45 minutes ago, Vijy said:

shehzad (who was tuk-tuk)

Shehzad lost his mojo after getting hit on the head.  By greenbro standards he wasn't half bad as a batsman.  Still one of the few batsmen across the border who can drive a ball to the boundary on the rise.   But his development stalled, and he got delusions of grandeur etc,  lot of mental issues with that one.  

44 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Shehzad lost his mojo after getting hit on the head.  By greenbro standards he wasn't half bad as a batsman.  Still one of the few batsmen across the border who can drive a ball to the boundary on the rise.   But his development stalled, and he got delusions of grandeur etc,  lot of mental issues with that one.   

All in all, seems like a typical Pakistani in many respects then. Umar Akmal was another who the Pakistani community hyped a lot. I thought they'd finally discarded him some months ago, but he keeps turning up again and again.

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

1) Saeed anwar

2) Imram Khan

3) Inzy

If I have to pick one most selfish player produced by Pakistan, Misbah would be the stand out champion. 

Averages 56 in Australia with a century and half century, so not bad, ODIs. In t20Is he’s done well against everyone and in tests he didn’t do too badly in South Africa. He’s still young and improving.

Edited by gazza

He was highly rated at even the u19 level.  Gotten better with experience...has a wise and calm composure to back it up. Without people noticing much, he raking up centuries and scoring at a decent rate.  Needs to start converting in Tests now..had a decent SA tour.