Babar Azam has evolved into a fine young batsman

I know present Steyn is way past his prime but the way Babar took him apart in the RSA tests, haven't seen such kind of treatment meted out to the legend since Michael Clarke/KP days. Not for a moment comparing them, but it takes some chutzpah to stand up against legends (cutting across sports) no matter how old and weak they are, Manju talked about this in his book which made for an interesting chapter. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I know present Steyn is way past his prime but the way Babar took him apart in the RSA tests, haven't seen such kind of treatment meted out to the legend since Michael Clarke/KP days. Not for a moment comparing them, but it takes some chutzpah to stand up against legends (cutting across sports) no matter how old and weak they are, Manju talked about this in his book which made for an interesting chapter. 

You bought Manju's book :hmmmm2:

@maniac summer assignment for you.

Make threads about:

Bairstow

Butler

Root

Stokes

Woakes

Archer

Ali

Roy

Morgan

Smith

Warner

Starc

Cummins

Maxwell

You start with these names and I will add suggestions. Do your national duty, even though you are sitting somewhere else...phir bhi dil hai Hindustani.  

Regards and thanking you in anticipation.

Mods and admins, please give him full liberty to open as many threads as he wants in the coming days. If he opens one about Indian WC squad personnel or Rayudu, perma ban him:p: 

Edited by Gollum
On 5/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, sandeep said:

Banjo with great power comes great responsibility.  Remember this during the WC before you get itchy fingers, when it comes to Indian team

cant leave it to chance, need to alert some mod to be on the prowl if some jinx thread comes from the baba.united

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

it was impressive, but he had the advantage of coming in at 5 against a very weak Steyn IMO. Peak Steyn would have destroyed this Pakistani lineup incl. Azam. With that said, Azam is clearly the best of the Pak bunch by a fair margin.

Edited by Vijy
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

i dont think thats a fact.

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

it was impressive, but he had the advantage of coming in at 5 against a very weak Steyn IMO. Peak Steyn would have destroyed this Pakistani lineup incl. Azam. With that said, Azam is clearly the best of the Pak bunch by a fair margin.

Being the best in the Pak batting lineup doesn't mean you'd walk into the Indian batting unit.  Not even close.  Babar wouldn't make the test squad, forget XI.  In ODIs, he essentially is a poor man's Virat.  We already have Virat to play that role, Babar's inability to step up his SR, would be ruthlessly exposed if batted lower down the order - he would have the same issues that Rahane did.  Or a Manish Pandey.  

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Being the best in the Pak batting lineup doesn't mean you'd walk into the Indian batting unit.  Not even close.  Babar wouldn't make the test squad, forget XI.  In ODIs, he essentially is a poor man's Virat.  We already have Virat to play that role, Babar's inability to step up his SR, would be ruthlessly exposed if batted lower down the order - he would have the same issues that Rahane did.  Or a Manish Pandey.  

rahane n pandey issues are hugely around spin bowling as well..........i hvent seen babar azam bat much , does he also struggle against spin or pace (like rayudu) 

coz if he does his evolution wnt be as easy but if he doesnt....he ll do better then both 

Also batsman around him doesnt help him to play freely i feel 

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

exactly and more.

Tests squad is out of the question as we all know. 

In ODI where it appears, there is a chance but if you look close -> no 4 has players that can be filled in just selectors are not willing to do it or don't have enough time to fill in time for WC that's all.

Just now, Gollum said:

Quality batsman, he has all the tools to become an ATG. Thus far 330 odd runs in the tournament, avg 66+, SR 86+.....outstanding considering this is his first WC.

The target was right up his alley, well played anyways

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

The target was right up his alley, well played anyways

Pitch was tricky, must win match, Pakistan's pathetic chasing record, string of consecutive losses against NZ, first WC, 40/2 start....also I rate chasing 100s highly in WCs and ICC must win matches, never easy with all the pressure. This 100 was more impressive than the one Rohit scored against RSA and better than anything Kohli has achieved till now in his 2.5 WCs. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, gakgupta said:

There were some good pak players who are neither selfish nor tuk tuk

1) Saeed anwar

2) Imram Khan

3) Inzy

4) Misbah - My personal favourite

Coming to this guy, he has future but i thought the same about kohli-look-alike (Can't remember his name)

MIsbah is considered to be the most selfish player ever to play for Pakistan.