I think IPl 2019 been scripted perfectly for a Dhoni farewell

Global.Baba

14 hours ago, beetle said:

From international cricket I hope.

If so...just give the cup to him.

Will he really play on after the world cup?

I think that will be the end of his international career.

IPL - who cares how long he plays. Even if he doesn't score runs, grounds will be filled to watch him, so CSK could keep him on for just that reason

1 hour ago, CSK Fan said:

I can understand script calling for victory but did the script call for 4-0 thrashing? 

yes. Looks that way lol just like a team that has Unadkat thrashed a certain team twice

Edited by vvvslaxman

19 hours ago, asterix said:

Baba... BCCI is evil... however it only helps any particular team till Semi-Finals... 

It stays hands off in Finals and let’s “natural” processes to occur...

How is your "natural" process working. You seem to be having constipation in all the bambi match threads with your jinxing

Dhoni will be 38 this July. I hope he retires after the WC hopefully after winning it. Otherwise he will spoil his name like other great cricketers. After retirement, we can give him a role as a consultant to help the team in man management and pressure management capacities.

Honestly we need to adopt the Aussie thought process. Once you go above 35, the selection should evaluate every single year. If shown slow reflexes, they should ask the player to retire gracefully or get dropped. This needs to be implemented from the selection committee personnel as every player thinks he can contribute something to the team. Most of the people who retired gracefully come from the SENA countries with the Asian countries being the worst.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Dhoni will be 38 this July. I hope he retires after the WC hopefully after winning it. Otherwise he will spoil his name like other great cricketers. After retirement, we can give him a role as a consultant to help the team in man management and pressure management capacities.

physically dhoni is 31 or 32 only :giggle:

Edited by velu

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

How old is Rohit, Rayudu, Pant and Bhuvi :winky:

They all came through the U-19 system except maybe Bhuvi in the last 15-20. You need to go through some kind of bone test or something and you can’t fudge age anymore. So they all have genuine age.

Bhuvi if anything looks like fudged his age to look older.

Dhoni is easily 42-43

4 hours ago, maniac said:

They all came through the U-19 system except maybe Bhuvi in the last 15-20. You need to go through some kind of bone test or something and you can’t fudge age anymore. So they all have genuine age.

Bhuvi if anything looks like fudged his age to look older.

Dhoni is easily 42-43

You're using the other account. Go back to it maniac baba :phehe:

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Honestly we need to adopt the Aussie thought process. Once you go above 35, the selection should evaluate every single year. If shown slow reflexes, they should ask the player to retire gracefully or get dropped. This needs to be implemented from the selection committee personnel as every player thinks he can contribute something to the team. Most of the people who retired gracefully come from the SENA countries with the Asian countries being the worst.

Aussie selectors used to be ruthless but even they have gone soft.  They allowed Hayden,  Ponting, etc to linger on at 36-37 with no chance of them playing the next World Cup.  Dhoni  most likely  won't retire after the World Cup, he will linger around till  a farewell  tour is arranged at home.  He has not said anything  about retiring after the World Cup,  so why would anyone  assume he will retire? 

Edited by nevada

7 minutes ago, nevada said:

Aussie selectors used to be ruthless but even they have gone soft.  They allowed Hayden,  Ponting, etc to linger on at 36-37 with no chance of them playing the next World Cup.  Dhoni  most likely  won't retire after the World Cup, he will linger around till  a farewell  tour is arranged at home.  He has not said anything  about retiring after the World Cup,  so why would anyone  assume he will retire? 

Hayden was dropped after failing in his last season. Ponting was dropped from the ODI squad still playing in the triangular tournament in that season and next season he was asked to retire gracefully or get dropped. I dont think they went soft on the players. Thats why I said, evaluate on a yearly basis. Some of them perform a few years past the due date.

If Dhoni cared about his legacy, he should retire. If not, he has to be dropped. He didn't announce his test retirement in advance. So I think he will retire through a press conference after the wc. He is not a dramabaz like Sachin who wanted entire India to worship him when he retired by announcing before. Announcing before also takes the focus out of winning the world cup and on his retirement.