Pant is the best finisher among youngsters - Shaw !!!

velu

dc-vs-srh-759-1.jpg?w=759&h=422&imflag=t

“In these T20 games, there’s a lot of pressure. I was praying that we win. Pant did a brilliant job. I have said that he is the best finisher among the young players. He always opens up the game for us. He has been doing very well. Unfortunately, he could not finish it for us, but Keemo did well in the end,” Shaw said at the post match press conference.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/ipl/ipl-2019-rishabh-pant-is-the-best-finisher-among-youngsters-prithvi-shaw-5718792/

:popcorn: 

3 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

TBH he really needs to see the game to the end. We've seen on numerous occasions where teams can easily bottle it. 

You don't need to finish the game in style, just finish the game

why do you want him to be finisher?  you cant score 5 runs in 7 ball with 5 wickets in hand, you as a team dont deserve to win.

11 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Please see thread title

as @SK_IH said, he finished the game in 18th over itself.  Finisher does not mean scoring last run that is completer.  Finisher and completer are two different things.  Once he finished the game for SRH, anyone could have completed it scoring 5 of 7.

Edited by rkt.india

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

as @SK_IH said, he finished the game in 18th over itself.  Finisher does not mean scoring last run that is completer.  Finisher and completer are two different things.  Once he finished the game for SRH, anyone could have completed it scoring 5 of 7.

It looks great when the game is sealed off. (And I guess we should expect it to be). But we all know that isn't the case. Teams can still lose. Therefore, as a finisher, you should close out that game.

On that basis someone could claim Jayasuriya is a finisher, because he killed the chase by smashing the opposition in the first few overs and effectively killed the game

Edited by Sachinism

1 hour ago, Sachinism said:

It looks great when the game is sealed off. (And I guess we should expect it to be). But we all know that isn't the case. Teams can still lose. Therefore, as a finisher, you should close out that game.

On that basis someone could claim Jayasuriya is a finisher, because he killed the chase by smashing the opposition in the first few overs and effectively killed the game

Not every batsman needs to be a finisher.  Different batsmen have different strengths.  He is Pant, not Dhoni. Let him be Pant. How many batsmen could boast of doing things he has done in last two IPLs at the age of 20-21?  He is the highest six hitters in IPL since 2017 beating the likes of Gayle, Russell, and Dhoni.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Not every batsman needs to be a finisher.  Different batsmen have different strengths.  He is Pant, not Dhoni. Let him be Pant. How many batsmen could boast of doing things he has done in last two IPLs at the age of 20-21?  He is the highest six hitters in IPL since 2017 beating the likes of Gayle, Russell, and Dhoni.

Dude. What are you on about. Shaw called him a finisher and that is what I'm discussing.