Time magazine calls NAMO 'divider-in-chief'

Texy

I have huge respect for Tavleen as an author. Her book Durbar is one my favorite books on Indian politics.
Salman Taseer was one of the true liberals of Pakistan, was shot dead by a fundamentalist named Mumtaz Qadri because he was shielding a blasphemy accused. 

In the book Durbar she writes just 2-3 sentences about her affair with Salman Taseer.

She was impregnated when she was unmarried and Salman Taseer was married and the length of their affair was one week. :sad_smile:

It must have been really difficult for Aatish growing up in India-Pak society.

I sort of agree that almost everyone in India is now either pro-Modi or anti-Modi.

aatish_wiki4.jpg?w=1097&ssl=1

aatish_wiki5.jpg?w=1128&ssl=1

The text seen in the screenshot shared on Twitter has been edited. This is because Wikipedia allows users to edit pages and articles. The page on editing states, “Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning that anyone can edit any unprotected page and improve articles immediately for all readers. You do not need to register to do this. Anyone who has edited is known as a ‘Wikipedian’ (commonly referred to as, simply, editors) and, no matter how trivial the edit may seem, can be proud that they have helped make Wikipedia what it is.”

Link - https://scroll.in/article/923064/writer-aatish-taseers-wikipedia-page-vandalised-after-his-time-cover-story-criticising-modi

I am not unhappy about divisions.  I think multiple view points is good thing. Fundamentalism is not. Quite frankly, biased media houses, false narratives, backlog of intelligentsia and congress rule is pushing people like me more and more towards unconditional support. I try to keep myself in check. But to me the battle lines are drawn whether I choose to fight or not. I know which side I will choose. 

3 hours ago, Number said:

Salman Taseer was one of the true liberals of Pakistan, was shot dead by a fundamentalist named Mumtaz Qadri because he was shielding a blasphemy accused. 

True liberal? Then why was Aatish raised as Muslim ? He must had dictated it. Also women like Tavleen are reason why inter religious relationships are not accepted by orthodox society. She gave caste and religion to his son of his father who never saw him.

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

True liberal? Then why was Aatish raised as Muslim ? He must had dictated it. Also women like Tavleen are reason why inter religious relationships are not accepted by orthodox society. She gave caste and religion to his son of his father who never saw him.

Not sure if Aatish was raised as a muslim.

Just the surname is of his father which I too find strange and I don't think it was imposed by Salman Taseer. (<-- I may be wrong on this)

Aatish is gay and married to a christian Ryan Davies. 

Also Salman Taseer risked his life and finally took a bullet for shielding a christian woman in a rabid islamic country. That in my view makes him a great human being. 

Edited by Number

6 hours ago, Number said:

Not sure if Aatish was raised as a muslim.

Just the surname is of his father which I too find strange and I don't think it was imposed by Salman Taseer. (<-- I may be wrong on this)

Aatish is gay and married to a christian Ryan Davies. 

Also Salman Taseer risked his life and finally took a bullet for shielding a christian woman in a rabid islamic country. That in my view makes him a great human being. 

Aatish may be liberal in his personal life, but has expressed India-phobic views which pretty much reflect the mainstream Pakistani view.