Best thing that can happen to India before Worldcup

Since the selectors are paid yes men and cricket establishment and management are complicit in this conspiracy. We dont deserve to see our mediocre side because of poor choices and nepotism.

I believe if Dhoni is somehow ruled out of the Worldcup this would be a blessing in disguise

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

KL Rahul

Shankar

Pant

Pandya

K yadav

Shami

Bumrah

Chahal/BK

Could be a good team, ideally I would've likes Saini and Gill, Shaw in the team but they were never tried or groomed to keep out competition. 

On low scoring or average track our bowlers will do well but on high scoring tracks can we keep or create a tempo n that is a problem

Dhoni can be useful for tricky chases like 250 - 260 ones and also i doubt kohli will be able to do anything good without dhoni as captain. Only issue is if dhoni will be able to keep himself fit for whole worldcup cause we have seen him being unfit for 20 over games and while running between wickets he keeps huffing and puffing.

39 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dhoni can be useful for tricky chases like 250 - 260 ones and also i doubt kohli will be able to do anything good without dhoni as captain. Only issue is if dhoni will be able to keep himself fit for whole worldcup cause we have seen him being unfit for 20 over games and while running between wickets he keeps huffing and puffing.

Dhoni has been a waste of space and resources in last 4 to 5 years scoring in some inconsequential games and it is sad to see Indias greatest ODI player turn into this caricature,  yes once in a while he plays in t20 and gets away against mediocre bowlers, clearly his game was based on hand eye coordination n not technique and he has lost those.

He will slow down the momentum n cost our team 20 or more runs per innings a d if this will be high scoring tourney as it seems like he will be a big reason for our defeats.

Test match is the toughest format and Kohli has taken us to unreached heights in test format and the guidance this is a myth or a joke, Dhoni will cost us the tournament ,luckily Rayudu is out wish Kartik was dumped to as he is a fidgety choker

32 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Dhoni has been a waste of space and resources in last 4 to 5 years scoring in some inconsequential games and it is sad to see Indias greatest ODI player turn into this caricature,  yes once in a while he plays in t20 and gets away against mediocre bowlers, clearly his game was based on hand eye coordination n not technique and he has lost those.

He will slow down the momentum n cost our team 20 or more runs per innings a d if this will be high scoring tourney as it seems like he will be a big reason for our defeats.

Test match is the toughest format and Kohli has taken us to unreached heights in test format and the guidance this is a myth or a joke, Dhoni will cost us the tournament ,luckily Rayudu is out wish Kartik was dumped to as he is a fidgety choker

Which new levels? lost against sa, while dhoni drew there, lost 4-1 to eng while dhoni lost 3-1 and won against worst aus side to ever play cricket. You can clearly see kohli being clueless on field and in wc we can't take risk.

32 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Which new levels? lost against sa, while dhoni drew there, lost 4-1 to eng while dhoni lost 3-1 and won against worst aus side to ever play cricket. You can clearly see kohli being clueless on field and in wc we can't take risk.

Though not new levels but certainly we have been a good test side in last 3 years,

Sa,Eng was a complete choke job by our batsmen,our bowlers outbowled every other bowlers in the planet during this time,yes i acknowledge that it has nothing to do with Kohli's captaincy,it was due to the efforts of our bowlers

Had dhoni been there he would have transformed our test attack into a pop gun attack

Kohli needs Dhoni in the field is a myth for frustrating fans among us who have digested the fact that he is going to take the field anyway instead of Pant

Hopefully Jadhav does not recover.This guy is a liability.

Rayudu needs to either get a golden duck & have a few misfields or get injured. Don't really want to give the selectors a chance to pick him as Jadhav's replacement.

Edited by diehardpacer
34 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

We have bigger liability than dhoni. 

Rohit is the biggest risk

followed by Kohli captaincy 

Vijay Shankar/Jadhav form

Kuldeep effectiveness

We just have to be positive at this point and hope sum of parts carries us forward.

Dhoni has won countless matches for us and some of them this year but people want Pant who as done nothing in LOI cricket to replace Dhoni.

Edited by cowboysfan
45 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Dhoni has won countless matches for us and some of them this year but people want Pant who as done nothing in LOI cricket to replace Dhoni.

I want to see Pant included not in place of Dhoni but DK or Jadhav. Ind is lacking power hitting, Pant provides that dimension.

I don't have a good vibe. Our fielding is the most innocuous I have ever seen.  Even if the bowlers bowl well we could drop catches.

Tailender batting is non-existent. So essentially even if the opposition scores 350 top 7 has to score 345 runs to win. You can't leave 20 runs to the last 4.  Lack of finishers. Only Pandya is left. Rohit has to bat deep.

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

I want to see Pant included not in place of Dhoni but DK or Jadhav. Ind is lacking power hitting, Pant provides that dimension.

IN place of Jadhav he can come in which means Shankar will be a sure starter in all the matches being the only 6th bowilng option.