If ICF members don't start respecting forum and other members, ICF may have to close down

Trichromatic

Owners have recieved complaints of homophobic and racial abuses.

Just to let you guys know, this site is not youtube comments secction where people can post anything they want if they don't like something. 

ICF isn't a commercial platform. Owners pay for entire cost of the website and don't get anything in return. Members use this platform without paying anything.

Why would anyone be willing to spend so much money on a website if people don't want to appreciate and respect the platform?

My 2 paisa,

I don't think it is a big issue, except for those people who make accounts or posts only to start fights or arguments. That's max 2-3 posters. If some longtime posters are getting rude with each other, it is only because it is election season. Control the former, who lower the quality of the forum, and everything will calm down.

Maybe also bring back the moderators and make the rules of what is allowed and isn't more clear.  I haven't seen any racial or homophobic abuses when I have been here. I hope you all don't curtail free speech under false complaints 

Edited by Moochad

1 minute ago, Moochad said:

My 2 paisa,

I don't think it is a big issue, except for those people who make accounts or posts only start fights or arguments. That's max 2-3 posters. If some longtime posters are getting rude with each other, it is only because it is election season. Control the former, who lower the quality of the forum, and everything will calm down.

Maybe also bring back the moderators and make the rules of what is allowed and isn't more clear.  

I don't think moderation is issue here. We take action on all reported posts and there hasn't been much issue even without moderators.

Even if there are very instances, this thread is just to remind members that some people spend their hard earned money to keep this site alive. We should always appreciate it, support it and respect the platform.

Of course members are always biggest part of any forum, without them it can't be successful. 

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Owners have recieved complaints of homophobic and racial abuses.

Just to let you guys know, this site is not youtube comments secction where people can post anything they want if they don't like something. 

ICF isn't a commercial platform. Owners pay for entire cost of the website and don't get anything in return. Members use this platform without paying anything.

Why would anyone be willing to spend so much money on a website if people don't want to appreciate and respect the platform?

It would help to know if you point out a few examples of this so that it can be avoided in future.. This is a discussion forum & sometimes in the heat of the moment, civility vanishes from both sides

2 hours ago, Moochad said:

My 2 paisa,

I don't think it is a big issue, except for those people who make accounts or posts only to start fights or arguments. That's max 2-3 posters. If some longtime posters are getting rude with each other, it is only because it is election season. Control the former, who lower the quality of the forum, and everything will calm down.

Maybe also bring back the moderators and make the rules of what is allowed and isn't more clear.  I haven't seen any racial or homophobic abuses when I have been here. I hope you all don't curtail free speech under false complaints 

Exactly, plenty of anti Islamic anger can be found here but there are equal amount of moderate posters too who balance it out. Homophobic and racial? :no: this is a predominantly South Asian forum culturally where the above 2 are not really issues.