Suresh Raina's cousin strikes again?

https://www.crictracker.com/suresh-raina-hints-at-team-politics-by-liking-controversial-tweet/

Suresh Raina hints at team politics by liking controversial tweet

Suresh Raina, who was an integral part of the national team not very long ago, has fallen down the pecking order in recent times.

Following the second qualifier between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals on Friday, Suresh Raina was all over social media. The Chennai Super Kings star was being praised all over for a fine show of sportsmanship. The senior batsman had tied Rishabh Pant’sshoelaces to win hearts all over. The moment was so heartwarming that even IPL’s official Twitter handle shared that clip with a caption #SpiritOfCricket.

But amidst all this, Raina raised a number of eyebrows by liking a questionable tweet by the fan. While praising the left-handed batsman for the sportsmanship, one of his fans wrote that Raina was out of the national team only because of team politics. While the fans usually get swayed away by emotions, one expects a cricketer with the status like that of Raina to behave in a responsible manner. However, the Uttar Pradesh star, who last played for India during the tour of England last year, caused a stir by liking that tweet, thus proving that he thinks team politics is the reason behind his ouster from the team.

“Raina is the most humble cricketer of his generation. Sad, he got sidelined due to team politics #CSKvDC,” wrote the user while replying to the clip on IPL’s tweet. Raina was then quick to like the reply, much to everyone’s utter surprise.

Raina, who was an integral part of the national team not very long ago, has fallen down the pecking order in recent times. He was given a chance to cement his place in the team last year but failed to deliver in the testing conditions of England. Since then Raina has not earned another recall and is unlikely to don the Indian jersey anytime soon.

Raina eyes IPL glory

Raina, meanwhile, will have a chance to prove himself again when Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in the final of this year’s IPL. The Super Kings star has not quite managed to deliver this season, scoring just 375 runs in 16 outings. The upcoming game will be a big opportunity for him to finish the average season on a great note.

Raina used to have a reputation as someone who worked hard on his fitness. I remember during the first IPL, Symonds compared the work ethic of Raina and Rohit. He said Rohit is talented than Raina but pays poor attention to fitness and Raina is the exact opposite. He seemed to have let go and started eating quarter pounders from mcdonalds it seems. He is content with IPL money I guess. Sad to see

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Raina used to have a reputation as someone who worked hard on his fitness. I remember during the first IPL, Symonds compared the work ethic of Raina and Rohit. He said Rohit is talented than Raina but pays poor attention to fitness and Raina is the exact opposite. He seemed to have let go and started eating quarter pounders from mcdonalds it seems. He is content with IPL money I guess. Sad to see

Many average working guys pay attention to their diet, weight more than ever. Someone who is playing a sports should have more motivation to stay in shape. It is one thing that cricket the game tolerates. Unfit players. 

33 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

he has lost his hunger and thats it 

37 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Many average working guys pay attention to their diet, weight more than ever. Someone who is playing a sports should have more motivation to stay in shape. It is one thing that cricket the game tolerates. Unfit players. 

You should change it to Indian cricket. You dont see fat cricketers from SENAW countries

I used to be his biggest advocate about a decade ago. But, I think his ship has sailed by about 4 years ago. TM has rightly moved on...far too many talented youngsters coming through.

His contributions towrds lifting the overall fielding standards (he was even better than Jadeja during his peak years) and his late order hitting (always came up trumps against PAK in pressure games WC 2011 and 2015) will be fondly remembered.