Al Jazeera

Gollum

Simple question, why isn't it banned in India? Why is AJ Indian Bureau not shut down?

So many hit jobs on India, pro-Pak bias clearly visible, every article is an agenda piece to defame our country and her majority community, last refuge for out of job scoundrels in journalism like Teesta, Rana Ayyub, Aakar, Mander, Noorani etc. And I have also noticed them giving space to Urban Naxals more recently. 

They call Kashmiri jihadis fighters/gunmen or sometimes freedom fighters, misrepresent the Kashmir insurgency, show the wrong map of India (very common), run down every single Indian achievement, promote crazy conspiracy theories and lie, lie, lie. 

I seriously hope Modi bans that Islamist mouthpiece in his 2nd term, this goes beyond politics. If they show Kashmir, Arunachal, Andaman, Lakshadweep as not part of India, this **** isn't a BJP or Congress specific problem anymore, it is an attack on the nation. 

Always hated those assholes, saw a recent video shared on twitter and that irritated me no end...a senior Indian journo (prime time darling that too) like Saba Naqvi going there and parroting ISI lines. Then there was another garbage piece blaming Hindu extremists for hounding a popular Islamic preacher Zakir Naik :facepalm:...also called Sheikh Hasina a puppet of the fundamentalist Hindutva govt when she banned Peace TV (post Dhaka Holy Artisan Bakery ISIS attack 2 years back). The term 'Hindu' prefixed/suffixed by all sorts of derogatory words but terrorists are gunmen or freedom fighters, WTF !!!

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, sergio04 said:

yaar inko kaam mil gaya yaha pe

warna yeh kahi bomb fodte

Khud nahi bane toh kya? Inka kaam hai bhadkana, propaganda kar ke kaafi saare suicide bomber taiyyar karenge. Radical Islamic terror is like a cricket team,many departments (jihadis, media, HR activists, lawyers, financial support, logistics etc) and each of the individual units has its predefined role. AJ is doing its job with aplomb and the world is being passive.  

Edited by Gollum

If Qataris have got Al Jazeera, Turks have got TRT, Chinese have CCTV then time is ripe for Indians to have their own mouthpiece which caters its viewpoint in the global arena. If Saudis could ban Al-Jazeera then what is the compulsion of Indian govt. for not banning these channels when all they've done is spread anti-India agenda in their every article involving India.

32 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Got to say Qatar has developed Al Jazeera and it's football team quite nicely.

Last year I read that their national team had only 4 Qatar born players, rest were from other nations including France & Portugal.

Edited by Turning_track

1 hour ago, First class said:

Indians have all the right to ban any neutral or unbiased TV channel like Al Jazeera of BBC. They should have access only to pro-Indian channels, particularly in the current situation in locked up Kashmir. 

They are not unbiased or neutral channels if you ask me.There specialty is to try and show the other side ..bass ,nothing wrong in that ,but thats bread and butter for AJ .

AL Jazeera tries to be centered but it is infact Extreme Left Just like Republic Channel is extreme right .

Edited by Stuge

On 5/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, Turning_track said:

If Qataris have got Al Jazeera, Turks have got TRT, Chinese have CCTV then time is ripe for Indians to have their own mouthpiece which caters its viewpoint in the global arena. If Saudis could ban Al-Jazeera then what is the compulsion of Indian govt. for not banning these channels when all they've done is spread anti-India agenda in their every article involving India.

Last year I read that their national team had only 4 Qatar born players, rest were from other nations including France & Portugal.

Are you really comparing yourself to Saudi? 

10 hours ago, Pakistan said:

Are you really comparing yourself to Saudi? 

We aren't an apartheid state like Saudi but India needs to act when foreign state TVs keep propagating fake news.

Al-Jazeera is quite adept in that. I'm sure they'd attract more eyeballs if Qatari state TV makes a docu-drama on thousands of desi lives lost in making their FIFA WC 2022 dream true. Instead we see Al Jazeera favoring a certain Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's struggles against the Indian republic.

15 hours ago, First class said:

Indians have all the right to ban any neutral or unbiased TV channel like Al Jazeera of BBC. They should have access only to pro-Indian channels, particularly in the current situation in locked up Kashmir. 

:hysterical: 

Its hilarious when Pakistanis even try to talk about things like media freedom, or "self-determination".   Your eunuch army is too busy fighting internal political 'wars' - shutting down TV channels if they dare to show 'opposition' politicians.  And btw, here's a little fact for you - According to neutral academic research, "occupied Kashmiris in India have more "freedom" than not only the Kashmiris in Pakistani "Azaad" Kashmir, but also the Pakistanis.  @Pakistan

@KeyboardWarrior

Stupid greenbros - they are getting looted and exploited by a military mafia whose top commanders are dollar millionaires, but being fooled and distracted by 2 talking points - "corrupt politicians", and "Evil Endia occupying Kashmir".   Did you ever stop and think which puppet-master allows those "corrupt politicians" to get selected into office, and then when the time comes, those civilian stooges are scapegoated as the sole reason for all of Pakistan's troubles.  Same topi drama over and over again, but illiterate greenbros simply not able to recognzie the pattern.  

Edited by sandeep

Asking the wrong question, the real question is why there is no global Indian news channels? That's the only way to beat the propaganda. UK, USA, Russia, China, Qatar, they all have it and use it very well.

I remember Arnab said same thing 5 years ago, yet we are nowhere in the global arena news platform....