We got the best bowling lineup going into WC !!!

velu

1) Bumrah

2) Bhuvi / Shami

3) Chahal :(( 

4) Kuldeep - ( kolkata was graveyard for bowlers this time ) 

5) Pie checkers 

Solid bowling lineup . We Never had such a bowling unit going into WC.

If we somehow patch our middle order , we are the team to beat once the pitches turn slower .

:marchmellow:

I agree our bowling lineup is stronger than our batting for the first time in history. 

But, I wouldn't hype up our bowling too much, this time. Bhuvi isn't the death bowler he once was, he's regressed.He would need swing assistance in the pitch , in order to do any real damage.

Shami is a hit or miss in ODI.

Only Bumrah is looking deadly in this world cup. He and Archer(if selected) will be the ones that make a difference. Pandya and Shankar will be inconsequential. 

Chahal has performed decently, Kuldeeps confidence has taken a turn for the worse after the IPL, and the fact that he has been exposed to the foreign batsmen, he will remain a question mark. Jadeja as always will be ****. So I wouldn't take our bowling for granted. Yes , it is better than our batting, and stronger than our previous lineups, but based on current form, Australia has a better bowling attack, even SA with Rabada and Thahir are also quite good. England if they get Archer, will also be better. But our bowling lineup is better than NZ, WI, and the other teams for sure.

Bhuvi has to get out of his knuckle mentality once the IPL is over. He should bowl fast and mix with slower ones. Not bowl slower ones and mix with faster balls. Also length, line both should not be in the arc for some batsmen. Also keep the batsman in check with occasional fast bouncers.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Pandya is our "partnership breaker" he has the knack of getting wickets with poor balls lol Hope he gets one or two every match. Shankar should be used (if played) between 15 and 25th over if possible or whenever a wicket falls. Those are the times, team won't target bowlers.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pandya is our "partnership breaker" he has the knack of getting wickets with poor balls lol Hope he gets one or two every match. Shankar should be used (if played) between 15 and 25th over if possible or whenever a wicket falls. Those are the times, team won't target bowlers.

This is the kind of defensive mentality I hope we don't see. When you take a wicket, you want another one back to back to halt the opposition. You don't want to be bowling a Shankar who will serve up juicy pies so the batsman can get his eye in. 

12 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

This is the kind of defensive mentality I hope we don't see. When you take a wicket, you want another one back to back to halt the opposition. You don't want to be bowling a Shankar who will serve up juicy pies so the batsman can get his eye in. 

It depends on batting conditions. If it t is easy and we fluke a wicket somewhere in the middle like at 150 for 2 there is a good chance shankar/pandya at death is way more risky. You have to be flexible in your thinking to use our 5th bowling options.  Having said that both Pandya and SHankar/Jadhav should not bowl at the same time at any point of the match in an attempt to finish up the 5th bowling quota fast. All of our bowlers apart from Bumrah are perfectly hittable. Main bowlers don't mean they will all bowl well all the time. 

Not really velu..

(Starc, Cummins, Zampa) >> (Bumrah, Chahal, Kuldeep)

(Steyn, Rabada, Tahir), (Archer, Plunkett, Wood, Adil, Moeen), (Boult, Southee, Sodhi) are also very decent line ups especially in UK. India is missing one fiery pacer I feel. Shami can be the answer but he may not start in the XI thanks to out unimaginative captain.

On 5/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, Sandeep99 said:

Not really velu..

(Starc, Cummins, Zampa) >> (Bumrah, Chahal, Kuldeep)

(Steyn, Rabada, Tahir), (Archer, Plunkett, Wood, Adil, Moeen), (Boult, Southee, Sodhi) are also very decent line ups especially in UK. India is missing one fiery pacer I feel. Shami can be the answer but he may not start in the XI thanks to out unimaginative captain.

Don’t know why Champa gets so much respect..:wall: