Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

We got the best bowling lineup going into WC !!!

Recommended Posts

1) Bumrah

2) Bhuvi / Shami

3) Chahal :(( 

4) Kuldeep - ( kolkata was graveyard for bowlers this time ) 

5) Pie checkers 

 

Solid bowling lineup . We Never had such a bowling unit going into WC.

 

If we somehow patch our middle order , we are the team to beat once the pitches turn slower .

 

:marchmellow:

Share this post


Link to post

I agree our bowling lineup is stronger than our batting for the first time in history. 

But, I wouldn't hype up our bowling too much, this time. Bhuvi isn't the death bowler he once was, he's regressed.He would need swing assistance in the pitch , in order to do any real damage.

Shami is a hit or miss in ODI.

Only Bumrah is looking deadly in this world cup. He and Archer(if selected) will be the ones that make a difference. Pandya and Shankar will be inconsequential. 

Chahal has performed decently, Kuldeeps confidence has taken a turn for the worse after the IPL, and the fact that he has been exposed to the foreign batsmen, he will remain a question mark. Jadeja as always will be ****. So I wouldn't take our bowling for granted. Yes , it is better than our batting, and stronger than our previous lineups, but based on current form, Australia has a better bowling attack, even SA with Rabada and Thahir are also quite good. England if they get Archer, will also be better. But our bowling lineup is better than NZ, WI, and the other teams for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

Bhuvi has to get out of his knuckle mentality once the IPL is over. He should bowl fast and mix with slower ones. Not bowl slower ones and mix with faster balls. Also length, line both should not be in the arc for some batsmen. Also keep the batsman in check with occasional fast bouncers.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Share this post


Link to post

Pandya is our "partnership breaker" he has the knack of getting wickets with poor balls lol Hope he gets one or two every match. Shankar should be used (if played) between 15 and 25th over if possible or whenever a wicket falls. Those are the times, team won't target bowlers.

Share this post


Link to post

Chahal held up very well in the IPL on smallish grounds. But Kuldeep is one of those who guys who can go either way. On a flat road like Rose bowl, they can just keep swinging across the line of Kuldeep. India needs a lot of bowling options there.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pandya is our "partnership breaker" he has the knack of getting wickets with poor balls lol Hope he gets one or two every match. Shankar should be used (if played) between 15 and 25th over if possible or whenever a wicket falls. Those are the times, team won't target bowlers.

This is the kind of defensive mentality I hope we don't see. When you take a wicket, you want another one back to back to halt the opposition. You don't want to be bowling a Shankar who will serve up juicy pies so the batsman can get his eye in. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

This is the kind of defensive mentality I hope we don't see. When you take a wicket, you want another one back to back to halt the opposition. You don't want to be bowling a Shankar who will serve up juicy pies so the batsman can get his eye in. 

It depends on batting conditions. If it t is easy and we fluke a wicket somewhere in the middle like at 150 for 2 there is a good chance shankar/pandya at death is way more risky. You have to be flexible in your thinking to use our 5th bowling options.  Having said that both Pandya and SHankar/Jadhav should not bowl at the same time at any point of the match in an attempt to finish up the 5th bowling quota fast. All of our bowlers apart from Bumrah are perfectly hittable. Main bowlers don't mean they will all bowl well all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post

Bowling is good if conditions help.  On good batting wkts, even McGraths and Wasims go for runs

 

The weakest areas could be Rohit, Shankar and Dhoni. 2 of them are past their best, while Shankar cracks under pressure. Probably can’t afford to have all 3 in the 11 

Share this post


Link to post

Strangely enough ..I think our bowling suits the English conditions than Indian. However, we have to be 124-2 in 23-25 overs every time to score close to 320. One more wicket and we will struggle to score 270.

Share this post


Link to post

Not really velu..

 

(Starc, Cummins, Zampa) >> (Bumrah, Chahal, Kuldeep)

 

(Steyn, Rabada, Tahir), (Archer, Plunkett, Wood, Adil, Moeen), (Boult, Southee, Sodhi) are also very decent line ups especially in UK. India is missing one fiery pacer I feel. Shami can be the answer but he may not start in the XI thanks to out unimaginative captain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, Sandeep99 said:

Not really velu..

 

(Starc, Cummins, Zampa) >> (Bumrah, Chahal, Kuldeep)

 

(Steyn, Rabada, Tahir), (Archer, Plunkett, Wood, Adil, Moeen), (Boult, Southee, Sodhi) are also very decent line ups especially in UK. India is missing one fiery pacer I feel. Shami can be the answer but he may not start in the XI thanks to out unimaginative captain.

 

Don’t know why Champa gets so much respect..:wall:

Share this post


Link to post

Rabada beat every Indian bowler so outright that it almost hurts, he is in some other plane. Other than that we know cummins is close to him. Archer is lesser than Bumrah Shami. Stokes is equal to Pandya in bowling. Indian spinners are in different league compared to others.  So i would say. SA followed by Ind/Aus then Eng in order of bowling lineups. If batting clicks then we can overwhelm SA and beat Aus, Eng batting and even WI batting seems too strong. Eng hopefully can be avoided in knockouts and WI hopefully we meet in a pacy  pitch where bowlers can outclass their hitters.

Share this post


Link to post

Cummins

Starc

Jhy Richardson

Coulter-Nile

Kane Richardson

Behrendorff

Zampa

Lyon

Stoinis

Maxwell

 

Check how many options Aus have, look at the depth. They have picked 6 frontline quicks, we have 3...who do you think will be fresher in KO stage? Theoretically they can play Starc/Cummins only in 4-5 important group matches and unleash them on us in SF, Bumrah's gas tank will be empty by then and Shami/BK worse. They have no weak link, 5th bowler duties can be done by Stoinis/Maxwell. And Aussie teams will always be mentally tough in big matches, people often overlook that. 

 

Outstanding squad selection :hatsoff:

Poised to win 6th WC IMHO. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post

India's biggest trump card is Kuldeep who has absolutely owned top nations in recent times at various times. Chahal has complemented beautifully. This is the luxury none of the other teams have. Using him at the right time is very very crucial.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Cummins

Starc

Jhy Richardson

Coulter-Nile

Kane Richardson

Behrendorff

Zampa

Lyon

Stoinis

Maxwell

 

Check how many options Aus have, look at the depth. They have picked 6 frontline quicks, we have 3...who do you think will be fresher in KO stage? Theoretically they can play Starc/Cummins only in 4-5 important group matches and unleash them on us in SF, Bumrah's gas tank will be empty by then and Shami/BK worse. They have no weak link, 5th bowler duties can be done by Stoinis/Maxwell. And Aussie teams will always be mentally tough in big matches, people often overlook that. 

 

Outstanding squad selection :hatsoff:

Poised to win 6th WC IMHO. 

Excluding Hazlewood from the squad should go down as one of the worst decision ever in history of the game.  Jhy got injured and they replace him with Kane Richardson and still not Hazlewood.  Any team would love to have a bowler like Hazlewood.

Share this post


Link to post

IN the last 2 years

 

Away & Neutral record for India

 

Beat SL in SL 5-0

Beat SA in SA 5-1

Beat NZ  in NZ 4-1

Beat WI in WI  3-1

Beat OZ in OZ 2-1

Lost to Eng in Eng 1-2

 

Neutral record

 

 Asia cup - Won the final

 Won 5 tied 1

CT - Reached the final

Won 3 lost 2

 

We have been doing fabulously well even with lot of obvious inadequacies.  KulCha/Kohli/Dhawan/Sharma have been the main players during this period. Key points. Six hitters we have only 2.  Dhoni out of 1117 balls he faced hit only 11 sixes. That is way too less for a lower order hitter. 

 

Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
V Kohli 30 30 10 1882 160* 94.1 1949 96.56 7 9 1 175 22
S Dhawan 36 36 3 1717 132* 52.03 1704 100.76 5 8 1 231 19
RG Sharma 32 32 5 1601 137* 59.29 1797 89.09 7 7 2 149 51
MS Dhoni 36 25 12 850 87* 65.38 1117 76.09 0 7 1 55 11
AM Rahane 12 11 1 481 103 48.1 635 75.74 1 4 0 43 5
AT Rayudu 13 13 4 389 90 43.22 487 79.87 0 3 2 32 12
KM Jadhav 29 16 7 350 63 38.88 352 99.43 0 2 1 34 5
KD Karthik 14 12 5 294 50* 42 374 78.6 0 1 1 25 3
HH Pandya 27 15 2 277 76 21.3 221 125.33 0 1 2 16 18
B Kumar 31 11 5 181 53* 30.16 261 69.34 0 1 0 13 2
Yuvraj Singh 8 7 1 162 53 27 181 89.5 0 1 0 18 2
KL Rahul 7 6 1 97 60 19.4 124 78.22 0 1 1 7 1
MK Pandey 3 3 1 94 50* 47 110 85.45 0 1 0 6 0
RA Jadeja 14 6 1 82 25 16.4 117 70.08 0 0 0 3 0
SS Iyer 3 2 0 48 30 24 58 82.75 0 0 0 4  

 

Player Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5
Kuldeep Yadav 28 27 245.4 7 1095 57 6/25 19.21 4.45 25.8 4 1
YS Chahal 24 24 217.1 3 1043 44 6/42 23.7 4.8 29.6 1 2
B Kumar 31 30 231.2 15 1130 37 5/42 30.54 4.88 37.5 1 1
JJ Bumrah 20 20 162.1 11 674 35 5/27 19.25 4.15 27.8 1 1
HH Pandya 27 26 189.4 2 1021 23 3/40 44.39 5.38 49.4 0 0
Mohammed Shami 9 9 78.4 4 370 18 4/48 20.55 4.7 26.2 1 0
KM Jadhav 29 21 98.5 1 477 17 3/23 28.05 4.82 34.8 0 0
RA Jadeja 14 14 126 3 630 13 4/29 48.46 5 58.1 1 0
UT Yadav 9 8 70.1 3 387 13 3/30 29.76 5.51 32.3 0 0
AR Patel 4 4 40 1 154 6 3/34 25.66 3.85 40 0 0
SN Thakur 5 5 35.5 0 218 6 4/52 36.33 6.08 35.8 1 0
R Ashwin 6 5 48 1 242 5 3/28 48.4 5.04 57.6 0 0
KK Ahmed 4 4 31 1 167 4 3/48 41.75 5.38 46.5 0 0
DL Chahar 1 1 4 0 37 1 1/37 37 9.25 24 0 0

 

 

NOTE: This record is purely on Away and Neutral venues.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Excluding Hazlewood from the squad should go down as one of the worst decision ever in history of the game.  Jhy got injured and they replace him with Kane Richardson and still not Hazlewood.  Any team would love to have a bowler like Hazlewood.

I thought Josh was injured for the last 3-4 months.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not true if you look at the impact that Kulcha left during our overseas. They don't have one spinner let alone two that come close to these two.

in those conditions, spinners would not be as effective, proved last time when we lost the ODI series.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I thought Josh was injured for the last 3-4 months.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh-hazlewood-bitterly-disappointed-missing-world-cup-australia-richardson-star-finch-langer/2019-05-15

 

He had injury but has recovered and proved his fitness though selectors want him to focus on Ashes.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

in those conditions, spinners would not be as effective, proved last time when we lost the ODI series.

He still won one match for us. He is not going to bowl to the same batting power house every match. He will bowl to different teams. Besides he didn't have Bumrah or Shami as back ups. Now they will have. IIRC in one match they opened with Pandya.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not true if you look at the impact that Kulcha left during our overseas. They don't have one spinner let alone two that come close to these two.

Sadly SF/F will be played on fresh wickets and not used ones, meaning quicks have a huge advantage. Once you are there, it all comes down to pace bowling strength, form and freshness of the quicks. I don't doubt the former 2 but freshness I am not sure, 3 quicks for 9 group matches (no Canada/UAE/Oman/Uganda type minnow either) will take a heavy toll. Also since our campaign begins late we will have to cover our group stage in some 30 days, that's an insane amount of stress for a world event. I dunno why no one is talking about this scheduling, by the time our WC begins the other teams would have finished 2/9 matches :facepalm:

 

Archer/Boult/Cummins/Starc by semis would have workload of maybe 6 matches in 36 days, Bumrah/Shami maybe 8 matches in 30 days. Who will have more in the reserves by the end? It is complete insanity to travel with just the 3 quicks and now these bastards want Axar as 4th spinner, mother*ers. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh-hazlewood-bitterly-disappointed-missing-world-cup-australia-richardson-star-finch-langer/2019-05-15

 

He had injury but has recovered and proved his fitness though selectors want him to focus on Ashes.

Big relief for other teams. Josh/Cummins/Starc in starting XI would have been scary af. 

 

But Oz selectors rarely mess up especially before big tournaments, they would have had a solid reason to not pick him in the squad. Not 3D enough maybe, or they didn't want to risk a recently injured player (like Handscomb's case), recent form, rhythm in practice :dontknow:

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That is true. Back up seamer is always needed in places like England. This is the kind of information team management has to work out. That is what these bozos get paid for. Wish they had allowed 16 member squad.

I think 17 member squad would have been ideal. It's pathetic from ICC to only allow 15 players for a month and a half long tournament. Just 4 backups for 11 games (provided a team goes to the final) is just not enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Big relief for other teams. Josh/Cummins/Starc in starting XI would have been scary af. 

 

But Oz selectors rarely mess up especially before big tournaments, they would have had a solid reason to not pick him in the squad. Not 3D enough maybe, or they didn't want to risk a recently injured player (like Handscomb's case), recent form, rhythm in practice :dontknow:

half fit Hazlewood is any day better than fully fit Kane.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gollum said:

Big relief for other teams. Josh/Cummins/Starc in starting XI would have been scary af. 

 

But Oz selectors rarely mess up especially before big tournaments, they would have had a solid reason to not pick him in the squad. Not 3D enough maybe, or they didn't want to risk a recently injured player (like Handscomb's case), recent form, rhythm in practice :dontknow:

He lacks penetration, variation, top speed. Once the movement is gone he is pedestrian. Jhye Richardson is an exciting prospect with bundle of energy. Jhye Richardson is sort of a specialist in one dayers. He looks innocuous. But he is hard to go after in the beginning. May be a bit like Bruce Reid who had more bounce though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He lacks penetration, variation, top speed. Once the movement is gone he is pedestrian. Jhye Richardson is an exciting prospect with bundle of energy. Jhye Richardson is sort of a specialist in one dayers. He looks innocuous. But he is hard to go after in the beginning. May be a bit like Bruce Reid who had more bounce though.

 

Jhye is injured and is replaced by Kane.  Also Hazlewood is as quick as Jhy and both have similar top and average speeds. Jhye is shorter.  Hazlewood gets bounce as well.  Currently, only Starc and Bumrah have better ODI record than Hazlewood.  Average 25, ER 4.73, SR 31.  This is one of the best stat combination currently where all three factors are great average, ER, SR.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

India's biggest trump card is Kuldeep who has absolutely owned top nations in recent times at various times. Chahal has complemented beautifully. This is the luxury none of the other teams have. Using him at the right time is very very crucial.

Kuldeep is a mental  midget. He often lost his plot when batsman ready to target him.Bumrah is our main weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Excluding Hazlewood from the squad should go down as one of the worst decision ever in history of the game.  Jhy got injured and they replace him with Kane Richardson and still not Hazlewood.  Any team would love to have a bowler like Hazlewood.

Stoinis and Maxwell are proper trundler. I doubt they will get more than 4 overs at a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...