Information is wealth !!!

velu

19 minutes ago, DHONI_FANN said:

I have tasted this some 6-7 years back. Tastes delicious. Made in pure Ghee. Pure bliss :om:

Prasad is always delicious no matter who makes them, love and devotion being the special ingredients. In Bengaluru almost all temples have regular free prasad, at least in my area...haven't seen this in other cities. Often poor schoolchildren come to the nearby Mariamman temple with their tiffin boxes early morning and the kind volunteers/temple workers fill them to the brim. Even the homeless (irrespective of background) aren't turned away, proud of my religion...and then these libtards make 1000 allegations against temples, introduce caste politics, shame them with lies etc. 

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Prasad is always delicious no matter who makes them, love and devotion being the special ingredients. In Bengaluru almost all temples have regular free prasad, at least in my area...haven't seen this in other cities. Often poor schoolchildren come to the nearby Mariamman temple with their tiffin boxes early morning and the kind volunteers/temple workers fill them to the brim. Even homeless (irrespective of background) aren't turned away, proud of my religion...and then these libtards make 1000 allegations against temples, introduce caste politics, shame them with lies etc. 

This is true Hindu culture which libtards in collusion with Jihadi moles have successfully painted as Hindu terrorism. I feel pity on those so called sickular Hindus who can't even stand for their own religion. Aise log apne maa ka sauda karwale. Modern day Jai Chands :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

@coffee_rules @maniac

Went last week to Balaji temple in Bridgewater, Nj. They were serving this but for some reason I don't like it. It's too sweet. 

Its Chakkarai (Sweet) Pongal, I don't like it either but if offered as prasad will gladly have it with respect and humility. But I do feel the dish is overrated just like Mysore Pak...both are too sweet and the Pongal uses jaggery, not sugar. 

I prefer Ven/Khara Pongal (Savory)...similar to Bengali Khichdi sans turmeric. 

Edited by Gollum

^^Gave Troll Vote again :heh: MP is the best sweet in the universe. See (sweet) pongal is so - so, I like all jaggery sweets in general. Try badam puri, another south Indian sweet. 

On topic, Tamil movies make fun of Hindu customs, brahmins, classical music/dance, a lot of haters. I don't see any humor, but caste-based messages. Remember Padosan. Usually priest class is shown as lazy and some times very corrupt. Paithyon. 

Edited by coffee_rules

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

^^Gave Troll Vote again :heh: MP is the best sweet in the universe. See (sweet) pongal is so - so, I like all jaggery sweets in general. Try badam puri, another south Indian sweet. 

Anybody who says MP is the best gets a trollvote from me.

On topic, Tamil movies make fun of Hindu customs, brahmins, classical music/dance, a lot of haters. I don't see any humor, but caste-based messages. Remember Padosan. Usually priest class is shown as lazy and some times very corrupt. Paithyon. 

To a large extent you are right. Thanks to Periyar and Dravidian politics hold over cinema they do make fun of Hindu customs, rituals, Brahmins etc. But so does Bollywood and perhaps other industries as well. IMO Bollywood is worse than Tamil cinema in this regard. I love Tamil comedy, especially Gouundamani/Senthil and Vadivelu, Vivek....heard a lot about Nagesh but my Tamil is weak, don't understand dialogues of old era when comedy was more dialogue, less action.  

Edited by Gollum

Anybody who says MP is the best gets a trollvote from me.

To a large extent you are true. Thanks to Periyar and Dravidian politics hold over cinema they do make fun of Hindu customs, rituals, Brahmins etc. But so does Bollywood and perhaps other industries as well. IMO Bollywood is worse than Tamil cinema in this regard. I love Tamil comedy, especially Gouundamani/Senthil and Vadivelu, Vivek....heard a lot about Nagesh but my Tamil is weak, don't understand dialogues of that era when comedy was more dialogue, less action.  

Irony is Tamil people are very religious by nature, they follow hindu gods and customs for the most part(a good percantage of them eat beef, but follow days and months where they don't eat meat as per customs). They go to temples etc etc. Then, from where are they getting this anti-hindu stance from? Anti-brahmin was because of the whole dravidian-aryan politics by periyar, Anna , DMK , plus there are a very less number of tamil brahmins etc. But this anti hindu stance doesn't really make sense, seems hypocritical.

Tamil comedy has gone down the drain, what does the audience see in Santhanam :facepalm:

The 2 Tamizh Padam movies were far better, hope Shiva fills the void. 

Santhanam is highly overrated, I hardly ever laugh at his jokes. His style is more teasing and insulting the person(kalaichifying in Tamil), but it has gotten repetitive over the years, even the movies where he's the lead role are snoozefests. Karunas, Vadivel, to an extent soori are much better. Even vivek was good once, then he started taking the social comedy and sentiment stuff too seriously, and implemented it in almost every comedy scene of his, got dull very quickly.

3 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Santhanam is highly overrated, I hardly ever laugh at his jokes. His style is more teasing and insulting the person(kalaichifying in Tamil), but it has gotten repetitive over the years, even the movies where he's the lead role are snoozefests. Karunas, Vadivel, to an extent soori are much better. Even vivek was good once, then he started taking the social comedy and sentiment stuff too seriously, and implemented it in almost every comedy scene of his, got dull very quickly.

Santhanam irritates me no end. 

I don't know about Karunas and Soori, my knowledge is limited.