Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texy

IAF receives first Apache attack helicopter from Boeing

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not seeing how OP gives "Namo" credit for the Indian army buying helicopters from the US manufacturer.  Maybe he helped the factory install the cloud proof radar.

May be he didn’t pocket like Gandhi family has done for many years on every defense deal. Their is a total tech transfer clause and Manufacturing in India with Tata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Don’t see the longbow radar. Will it be equipped on all apaches or only some? 

 

Main thing I am waiting for are the chinooks. Mi-35 are just too expensive to maintain like most Russian junk 

Longbow was not included in the 1st batch, because the tech sharing legal agreements weren't in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Not seeing how OP gives "Namo" credit for the Indian army buying helicopters from the US manufacturer.  Maybe he helped the factory install the cloud proof radar.

Obviously, it was bought during his tenure. Are you blinded by Anti-Modi rhetoric without objectivity? Do you know that in some freq radar performance is affected by sever weather conditions. Since you preach objectivity in ICF to all "bhakts", follow what you preach. Otherwise you will fall in the same bucket as @Haarkarjeetgaye or@Jatboy, and @Ankit_sharma03 like trolls who criticize and troll modi for the sake of it and end up in the Ignore list.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Obviously, it was bought during his tenure. Are you blinded by Anti-Modi rhetoric without objectivity? Do you know that in some freq radar performance is affected by sever weather conditions. Since you preach objectivity in ICF to all "bhakts", follow what you preach. Otherwise you will fall in the same bucket as @Haarkarjeetgaye or@Jatboy, and @Ankit_sharma03 like trolls who criticize and troll modi for the sake of it and end up in the Ignore list.

Are you seriously defending the cloud radar gaffe?  :laugh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sandeep said:

:laugh:

 

So its "with us or against us" eh?  No middle ground.   Quite fundamentalist of you.  

Sorry, was not in good "spirit" yesterday and snapped.  I was not defending Modi in the "cloud" argument.

1. It's not a huge issue that it is made out to be. I felt he could've not discussed details at all. In his wisdom, if he has done it, he has some reasons, that I don't know

2. He had a disclaimer saying he is not an expert and he doesn't know much about the technology. You could ask, why even bother to comment, that's fair enough. But it was the thought behind the decision making. He took the decision to give go-ahead when there was talk of postponement. If it had failed, all blame would have gone to him, accusing him taking huge risks of others' lives without heeding to advice. Now, that it was successful, he should be lauded for his "raw" vision in the decision making.

3. All these BA passes (I am talking about left libby journos) who are making fun of his cloudy behavior, have they done a bit of homework on radar performance in extreme weather conditions?  Yes in some freq it doesn't affect, but there is no proof that it helped here. As said earlier, it was a decision making process that gets credit, not for his scientific acumen. 

4. Making memes etc and laughing about it, well, you guys have been starved for 5 years, you can have a field day, not that there's anything wrong about it. When we have had RaGa since 2004 to make fun of  and are content...So, I will indulge you..

 

D6hvQDhU0AEJIKJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

you guys have been starved

Who is this "you guys"?  

 

I find it predictably pathetic when 'both sides' of the political spectrum indulge in this habitual reflexive construction and bucketing of the 'other', assigning imaginary positions, and proceeding to bash and 'defeat' said strawman.  

 

Bhai, I hate Congress, and I don't think Rahul is qualified to lead anything, forget the country.  But that doesn't mean that I have to automatically ignore the foolishness of the 'other' side.  And I make no secret of my disgust for Modi's political tactics and shameless use of bigotry, opportunism and self-aggrandizement.  

 

Let's not succumb to the tribal appeal of red team-blue team logic - let's not be so gullible.  Let's criticize, mock, ridiciule all actions and statements that deserve it, and hold all public figures to higher standards.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Who is this "you guys"?  

 

I find it predictably pathetic when 'both sides' of the political spectrum indulge in this habitual reflexive construction and bucketing of the 'other', assigning imaginary positions, and proceeding to bash and 'defeat' said strawman.  

 

Bhai, I hate Congress, and I don't think Rahul is qualified to lead anything, forget the country.  But that doesn't mean that I have to automatically ignore the foolishness of the 'other' side.  And I make no secret of my disgust for Modi's political tactics and shameless use of bigotry, opportunism and self-aggrandizement.  

 

Let's not succumb to the tribal appeal of red team-blue team logic - let's not be so gullible.  Let's criticize, mock, ridiciule all actions and statements that deserve it, and hold all public figures to higher standards.   

All that is fine, at least  argue about "cloud" issue that you see red . I am not convinced that Modi's strategies (DeMo, GST etc.) were all bad. In comparison, he is the best option for India for now. Because T.I,N,A! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

All that is fine, at least  argue about "cloud" issue that you see red . I am not convinced that Modi's strategies (DeMo, GST etc.) were all bad. In comparison, he is the best option for India for now. Because T.I,N,A! 

 

Not really , the best option is avl in BJP only - nitin gadkari

Anyone is better then Modi ......anyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×