Team of the tournament

Trichromatic

Even though I didn't follow IPL I'll choose my side because my unparalleled cricket acumen should be shared with the world, being totally unbiased here, I will apply Buchanan's strategy and have multiple captains. 

Rahul (c)

Warner

Butler

Steve Smith (c)

Russell

H Pandya

Saha (wk and c)

Gopal

Ashwin (c)

Shami (c)

Bumrah (c)

Rahul is top order captain

Smith for middle order and captain of captains

Saha wicket-keeping captain

Ashwin covers the spin department

Shami and Bumrah are captains for bowling from the 2 ends

Team is strong from every angle, zero weakness. If you disagree that's cos you don't know much about the sport:p:.

Beat that mother*ers !!!!

Edited by Gollum

1.Rohit (c) captaincy is the most important thing. You pick X1 superstars butnif you don’t have a guiding light it will be pointless. It will be like a rudderless ship.

so now on the remaining 10

2.Warner

3.Rahul

4.Aggarwal

5.Pant (WK)

6.Russell

7.Pandya

8.S.Gopal

9.Rabada

10.I.Tahir

11.J.Bumrah

R.Chahar,D.Chahar, Butler and Bairstow narrowly miss out

Edited by maniac

I would replace Hardik with Rahul Chahar. With 5 gun bowlers in the side, there is no need for extra batting at the cost of considerably weakening the bowling which is what Hardik's inclusion amounts to. It is just 20 overs, not 50.

Edited by nevada

33 minutes ago, nevada said:

I would replace Hardik with Rahul Chahar. With 5 gun bowlers in the side, there is no need for extra batting at the cost of considerably weakening the bowling which is what Hardik's inclusion amounts to. It is just 20 overs, not 50.

Depends, on flat tracks, bowlers will always go for runs. So whether defending then total should be a huge one, at least 180+, pandya will be useful down the order, and if chasing a total of 180+, you need firepower at the end .

54 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How on earth a captain losing 4-0 to same side is captain of team of tournament?

coz no other captain of any team earned a place

Dhoni didnt captain 1 game

Williamson also lost all 4 games last year to CSK yet was praised for his captaincy