Jump to content
Franco Vazquez

England vs Pak 3rd ODI

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Haris Sohail was batting well till he got run out. So now Pakistan has a settled no 4 but we don't:no:

On this wicket against these bowlers even Biryani will look a million bucks. Not much to draw from. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Interesting Stat: India have played 3 odis at Bristol and won all 3. Sachin's scores in those matches are 140*, 113 and 99:hatsoff::adore:

Correct me if I am wrong,  the 140* was against Kenya during 1999 WC after Tendulkar returned back to the tournament following his fathers demise. 

 

The 99 was against England where Uthappa finished the match in the last over. 

 

Don't remember the 113 knock. Against whom it was? 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Haris Sohail was batting well till he got run out. So now Pakistan has a settled no 4 but we don't:no:

I'd take Manish Pandey ahead of Haris Sohail.  Even DK.   Let's not succumb blindly to grass is greener syndrome, and overrate players.  

 

I have no doubt that if Manish Pandey would have gotten the chances that a Babar Azam got, he would easily match his white ball run production.  Easily.  

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Correct me if I am wrong,  the 140* was against Kenya during 1999 WC after Tendulkar returned back to the tournament following his fathers demise. 

 

The 99 was against England where Uthappa finished the match in the last over. 

 

Don't remember the 113 knock. Against whom it was? 

Correct about the Kenya match.

The Uthappa one was at The Oval. Sachin got a 94 there as well:adore:

The 113 was against Sri Lanka in the Natwest Series

Share this post


Link to post

Pak batting blossoming here means ,strips are going to be ultra belter this wc,

Seems Eng are backing their batting to reach any target

Bowlers are up for real real test

Ind with their dodgy lineup will be under the pump even against the likes of BD,Afg

An even surface would have served well to us,but then Eng saying "Its coming home"

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You can't keep out slugging other teams all the time.England's bowling stinks. But would India be able to score this many runs after two early wickets??

The last time India got a huge score after losing early wickets was against England at Cuttack where Yuvi and MSD scored centuries.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

The last time India got a huge score after losing early wickets was against England at Cuttack where Yuvi and MSD scored centuries.

That is the problem with Indian team,middle order stinks and is non existent even on flattest of pitches.Even in recent Australian series Top three had to play finishing role too.

 

Only Pandya who is still unproven has some ability to score at high SR. Others are just useless, KLR was batting under 100 SR with one wicket down unable to to even rotate strike and people are expecting him to some how miraculously score big runs in world cup.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You can't keep out slugging other teams all the time.England's bowling stinks. But would India be able to score this many runs after two early wickets??

Absolutely NOT.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

That is the problem with Indian team,middle order stinks and is non existent even on flattest of pitches.Even in recent Australian series Top three had to play finishing role too.

 

Only Pandya who is still unproven has some ability to score at high SR. Others are just useless, KLR was batting under 100 SR with one wicket down unable to to even rotate strike and people are expecting him to some how miraculously score big runs in world cup.

India should have identified 2-3 players and stuck with them. Since the World Cup we have tried Rahane,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pandey, DK, Rahul, Pandya, Iyer, Rayudu and Shankar in that position. Thats a few too many players:wp34:

Share this post


Link to post

Sometimes I feel Indian middle order might be the worst middle order in whole world cup and they tail cannot bat to save their lives, they stink. So much pressure on bowlers and top three. This might be weakest Indian batting lineup in any world cup.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Sometimes I feel Indian middle order might be the worst middle order in whole world cup and they tail cannot bat to save their lives, they stink. So much pressure on bowlers and top three. This might be weakest Indian batting lineup in any world cup.

Hopefully now that they have made the squad, the players must free themselves up. I still rate Rahul quite highly inspite of his recent international failures.

Share this post


Link to post

Indian middle order will retreat into a shell once top order is blown away. Two reasons. Poor strike rotators. Batsmen with weakness against spin. India will have only 7 players to score 300 or 350. So wickets in hand is important in every match

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Pakistan losing wickets a little too early. Will be missing out on key runs. No total is safe

India at 326 for 7 is even a worse situation unless one of the batsman is pandya

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

India at 326 for 7 is even a worse situation unless one of the batsman is pandya

Agree. But cant get rid of guys like Kuldeep and Bumrah as they offer a lot with the ball. Our main problem is no 4 and no 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Hopefully now that they have made the squad, the players must free themselves up. I still rate Rahul quite highly inspite of his recent international failures.

KL Rahul is a must He can accelerate like nobody’s business in his day. Dhoni is the biggest problem. He can’t accelerate until 50 th over

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

 Pak batting first 53-2 in 9.1 overs.

 

Hack Fakhar and Babar Kohli gone already

With new power play rule entire 50 overs is like a Powerplay Easier to score quicker in the middle overs. All are catching up

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul is a must He can accelerate like nobody’s business in his day. Dhoni is the biggest problem. He can’t accelerate until 50 th over

Here we go again. Let's just make our peace with Dhoni. Two of Rahul, DK, Kedar and Shankar are going to play. Let's focus on that

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

India should have identified 2-3 players and stuck with them. Since the World Cup we have tried Rahane,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pandey, DK, Rahul, Pandya, Iyer, Rayudu and Shankar in that position. Thats a few too many players:wp34:

They did try, Pant came on recently. Other than pant I just don't see any batting talents which were left out.Indian batting talent at domestic level is horrible. I just don't see any big hitters also in domestic cricket.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Forward Defence said:

Here we go again. Let's just make our peace with Dhoni. Two of Rahul, DK, Kedar and Shankar are going to play. Let's focus on that

Reason is he will add additional

pressure to the batsman at the other end to score faster than the optimum rate. Dhoni is excellent when we chase a moderate total and need a calm head. If we bat first we may never know what is a good target

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul is a must He can accelerate like nobody’s business in his day. Dhoni is the biggest problem. He can’t accelerate until 50 th over

When did he accelerate? did i miss that match?Rahul might be okay in T20s as an opener but as a middle order bat in odis he is not done anything.He has done nothing much as an opener either in odis.Granted he has not gotten that many chances but that stink innings he played in Australian series at no3 where he should have exploded but could not even rotate strike.

Share this post


Link to post

WOW !! This Eng attack is utter garbage. Strong contenders ..my ass !!  I’ll be disappointed if we don’t chase down 350 plus against them. Aus attack looks more lethal. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

On the other hand, apart from Dhawan and Pandya, I don’t see anyone scoring at 150+ sr.

Dhawan rarely has strike of 150 even in t20s lol. Remind me when he scored at that rate but yeah pandya will be key.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

When did he accelerate? did i miss that match?Rahul might be okay in T20s as an opener but as a middle order bat in odis he is not done anything.He has done nothing much as an opener either in odis.Granted he has not gotten that many chances but that stink innings he played in Australian series at no3 where he should have exploded but could not even rotate strike.

How many has he played in the middle order? 4 in SriLanka and 2 in England. We should have stuck with him a little longer . He has been around for a while and has only played 14 ODIs

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

How many has he played in the middle order? 4 in SriLanka and 2 in England. We should have stuck with him a little longer . He has been around for a while and has only played 14 ODIs

I think it was his job to tell selectors and everyone invloved that he is comfortable in batting at middle order. He should have converted himself to middle order in domestic cricket and also in IPL. He did not do it , I can't blame selectors or TM for not giving him chances in middle order.He is not good enough batsman to replace top three.Kohli has given his spot in order to fit him in few matches.

 

If he scored tons and ton of runs in domestic cricket in middle order do you think he would have been left out. Whose fault is it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dhawan rarely has strike of 150 even in t20s lol. Remind me when he scored at that rate but yeah pandya will be key.

Dhawan had a strike rate of 137 and scored more than 400 runs in this IPL. He hit form later in the tournament. Same goes for Dhoni. If he can bring that hitting form to WC, we can, along with Pandya and Kohli set big targets like 350+

 Hitting form of both will be crucial. 

Edited by nitinbwj

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×