England vs Pak 3rd ODI

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You can't keep out slugging other teams all the time.England's bowling stinks. But would India be able to score this many runs after two early wickets??

The last time India got a huge score after losing early wickets was against England at Cuttack where Yuvi and MSD scored centuries.

7 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

The last time India got a huge score after losing early wickets was against England at Cuttack where Yuvi and MSD scored centuries.

That is the problem with Indian team,middle order stinks and is non existent even on flattest of pitches.Even in recent Australian series Top three had to play finishing role too.

Only Pandya who is still unproven has some ability to score at high SR. Others are just useless, KLR was batting under 100 SR with one wicket down unable to to even rotate strike and people are expecting him to some how miraculously score big runs in world cup.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

That is the problem with Indian team,middle order stinks and is non existent even on flattest of pitches.Even in recent Australian series Top three had to play finishing role too.

Only Pandya who is still unproven has some ability to score at high SR. Others are just useless, KLR was batting under 100 SR with one wicket down unable to to even rotate strike and people are expecting him to some how miraculously score big runs in world cup.

India should have identified 2-3 players and stuck with them. Since the World Cup we have tried Rahane,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pandey, DK, Rahul, Pandya, Iyer, Rayudu and Shankar in that position. Thats a few too many players:wp34:

Sometimes I feel Indian middle order might be the worst middle order in whole world cup and they tail cannot bat to save their lives, they stink. So much pressure on bowlers and top three. This might be weakest Indian batting lineup in any world cup.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Sometimes I feel Indian middle order might be the worst middle order in whole world cup and they tail cannot bat to save their lives, they stink. So much pressure on bowlers and top three. This might be weakest Indian batting lineup in any world cup.

Hopefully now that they have made the squad, the players must free themselves up. I still rate Rahul quite highly inspite of his recent international failures.

7 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Hopefully now that they have made the squad, the players must free themselves up. I still rate Rahul quite highly inspite of his recent international failures.

KL Rahul is a must He can accelerate like nobody’s business in his day. Dhoni is the biggest problem. He can’t accelerate until 50 th over

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul is a must He can accelerate like nobody’s business in his day. Dhoni is the biggest problem. He can’t accelerate until 50 th over

Here we go again. Let's just make our peace with Dhoni. Two of Rahul, DK, Kedar and Shankar are going to play. Let's focus on that

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

India should have identified 2-3 players and stuck with them. Since the World Cup we have tried Rahane,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pandey, DK, Rahul, Pandya, Iyer, Rayudu and Shankar in that position. Thats a few too many players:wp34:

They did try, Pant came on recently. Other than pant I just don't see any batting talents which were left out.Indian batting talent at domestic level is horrible. I just don't see any big hitters also in domestic cricket.

Just now, Forward Defence said:

Here we go again. Let's just make our peace with Dhoni. Two of Rahul, DK, Kedar and Shankar are going to play. Let's focus on that

Reason is he will add additional

pressure to the batsman at the other end to score faster than the optimum rate. Dhoni is excellent when we chase a moderate total and need a calm head. If we bat first we may never know what is a good target

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Correct about the Kenya match.

The Uthappa one was at The Oval. Sachin got a 94 there as well:adore:

The 113 was against Sri Lanka in the Natwest Series

That 113 was when he was in the middle order right?

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

When did he accelerate? did i miss that match?Rahul might be okay in T20s as an opener but as a middle order bat in odis he is not done anything.He has done nothing much as an opener either in odis.Granted he has not gotten that many chances but that stink innings he played in Australian series at no3 where he should have exploded but could not even rotate strike.