Jump to content
SecondSlip

World Cup 2019: Kedar Jadhav’s participation in doubt, Axar Patel possible replacement

Recommended Posts

Well, we need to accept that Jadhav isnt going to last the entire tournament.If not now, he will surely break at the half stage.So for knockouts we need to get a good replacements.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

Well, we need to accept that Jadhav isnt going to last the entire tournament.If not now, he will surely break at the half stage.So for knockouts we need to get a good replacements.

He will for sure. Shami is another guy. It is a miracle he has played this long without any injury. Credit to him he has adopted a new fitness regime. But Jadhav is really worse. He is not naturally athletic. So his movements are awkward and injury prone. He could easily hurt himself even doing simple things. 

Share this post


Link to post

1.  Kedar Jadhav is a batsman who bowls a bit.

 

Axar Patel is a bowler who bats a bit.

 

A bowler should not replace a batsman.

 

2.  We are thinking of taking 4 spinners and 3 pacers for a WC in England.  This is beyond joke territory.  

 

As it is ... 3 spinners and 3 pacers, for a WC in England, is an overkill.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, express bowling said:

1.  Kedar Jadhav is a batsman who bowls a bit.

 

Axar Patel is a bowler who bats a bit.

 

A bowler should not replace a batsman.

 

2.  We are thinking of taking 4 spinners and 3 pacers for a WC in England.  This is beyond joke territory.  

 

As it is ... 3 spinners and 3 pacers, for a WC in England, is an overkill.

Even among spinners he is below several other spinners. Jaddu atleast can be used as a substitute. This guy is totally useless in every which way.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, maniac said:

At this point Shankar in place of Jadeja and pray that his bowling is not required.

 

Shankar is mediocre but still a better bat than Jadeja. Will get the same 15-30 runs at a faster rate. Jadeja is leagues ahead as a bowler but we don’t need 5 specialist bowlers+

Pandya

Jadeja Bowling+Fielding is more valuable than Shankar's Batting 

Pandya/Chahal will have bad days regularly...need jadeja in those times.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Jadeja Bowling+Fielding is more valuable than Shankar's Batting 

Pandya/Chahal will have bad days regularly...need jadeja in those times.

But Jaddu is a tailender. India cannot go in with 6 batsmen.

Share this post


Link to post

Replace with Krunal Pandya..lineup wud be:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Dhoni

Hardik

Shankar

Krunal

Bhuvi/Shami

Kuldeep/Chahal

Bumrah

 

Batting almost till 9, (big hitters till 8)

6 bowling options

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Wristy flick said:

Replace with Krunal Pandya..lineup wud be:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Dhoni

Hardik

Shankar

Krunal

Bhuvi/Shami

Kuldeep/Chahal

Bumrah

 

Batting almost till 9, (big hitters till 8)

6 bowling options

Can replace Shankar with jaddu if ok with 2 left arm spinners

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say the closest option to Jadhav would be Rana, won't happen tho since he hasn't played a single odi yet. So the next best option would be Krunal Pandya, much better batsman than axar and can bowl a few overs too. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Wristy flick said:

Replace with Krunal Pandya..lineup wud be:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Dhoni

Hardik

Shankar

Krunal

Bhuvi/Shami

Kuldeep/Chahal

Bumrah

 

Batting almost till 9, (big hitters till 8)

6 bowling options

Krunal is a darter and a hack with the bat...better than Axar though :phehe:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×