England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Trent Bridge, Nottingham | May 17, 2019 | Match thread |

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

So what if it was scored while chasing? India knocked off the target in 40 overs so there wasnt much tuk tuk as you seem to automatically assume

So your comment was out of context. Low score to chase means less pressure. Also I am talking about what could happen if Ind is batting first    

11 minutes ago, zen said:

On this type of pitch where batsmen can back themselves, Ind could be 40-45/0 after PP. Then someone like Rohit would get out in the 11-12th over :phehe:

Used to be the case back in 2016/17. Not now. They have picked up the pace in the last one year. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

You can catch up if you're Rohit or Watson, who can up the ante quite easily. Imam has limited stroke play. 

this guy scored 150.......avg 54 in SA, where rohit has been a failure 

pretty good for a guy with limited stroke play. U can treat every game same way...sometime u hve to take some time against intial movement or sometime the rhythm takes time to get going. He may not be watson or rohit but he isnt rahane 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

this guy scored 150.......avg 54 in SA, where rohit has been a failure 

pretty good for a guy with limited stroke play. U can treat every game same way...sometime u hve to take some time against intial movement or sometime the rhythm takes time to get going. He may not be watson or rohit but he isnt rahane 

He might have scored a 150 , he may average 54 in SA but the fact is that he was struggling big time against the pace of Archer and wood , who by the way were not playing in the last game. 

10 minutes ago, zen said:

So your comment was out of context. Low score to chase means less pressure. Also I am talking about what could happen if Ind is batting first    

Perhaps you can point me to some matches where we lost because of Rohit's slow batting. Your criteria for judging Rohit seems to be extremely stringent

Just now, Norman said:

He might have scored a 150 , he may average 54 in SA but the fact is that he was struggling big time against the pace of Archer and wood , who by the way were not playing in the last game. 

sometimes u do, thats the beauty of ODi....it gives enough time to catchup . Playing 3 games against diff bowler and all of sudden change will be a problem for many 

avg 54 in SA is not easy ....

10 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Perhaps you can point me to some matches where we lost because of Rohit's slow batting. Your criteria for judging Rohit seems to be extremely stringent

Again an out of context comment. I am talking about a scenario in PP and the player getting out after wasting it and you want me to show where Ind lost because of player X’s batting! (Also anyone can see the stats where his SR is extremely low till he gets to 50-75 and his relatively low conversation rates recently esp. considering his low SR. There is a thread on it as well) 

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, zen said:

Again an out of context comment. I am talking about a scenario in PP and the player getting out after wasting it and you want me to show where Ind lost because of player x batting! (When anyone can see the stats where his SR is extremely low till he gets to 50 and his conversation rates. There is a thread on it as well) 

So you agree that even in matches where he takes his time getting to 50, India rarely lose. And what exactly is the context here? Would you trade a win for a higher powerplay score? We all know our batting is top heavy. I don't want our second best batsman to lose his wicket early just to boost powerplay scores. Especially when we know that post his 50 he can single-handedly win us matches