England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Trent Bridge, Nottingham | May 17, 2019 | Match thread |

5 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

So you agree that even in matches where he takes his time getting to 50, India rarely lose. And what exactly is the context here? Would you trade a win for a higher powerplay score? We all know our batting is top heavy. I don't want our second best batsman to lose his wicket early just to boost powerplay scores. Especially when we know that post his 50 he can single-handedly win us matches

Ind (or even MI) can win even if Rohit is not in the squad or despite him. The point is about playing as per the conditions and doing the job for Ind .... I did not ask you what you want. The point is about playing to benefit the team!

Edited by zen

I do not follow Pak cricket much but it appears as if someone will have to have a great game/tournament to challenge top sides. Could cause upsets on their day but playing consistently well in 6-8 games in round robin could turn out to be a challenge. May be BD could have a chance against them :hmmm:

Edited by zen
6 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind (or even MI) can win even if Rohit is not in the squad or despite him. The point is about playing as per the conditions and doing the job for Ind .... I did not ask you what you want. The point is about playing to benefit the team!

I think most people would agree that Rohit's presence improves our chances. I fail to understand why you think he does not benefit the team? He has played a hand in winning us loads of matches, second only to Kohli in recent times. This is just a fact.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Wow if Pakistan is scoring this many runs , have they improved their batting or England's bowling is this bad??

England started off with some furious pace today. Ruffled Imam and got him retired hurt. Once the pacers started to be taken for runs England have looked to contain. Pakistan have batted well especially Babar but in these conditions probably 370 is par:shock:

18 minutes ago, zen said:

I do not follow Pak cricket much but it appears as if someone will have to have a great game/tournament to challenge top sides. Could cause upsets on their day but playing consistently well in 6-8 games in round robin could turn out to be a challenge. May be BD could have a chance against them :hmmm:

PAk always does well in england and in pressure situation.....high chances they ll be in top 4

WC n bilateral are diff ball game.....pressure plays a huge role 

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

It’s the pitch. England just chase 360+ with 5 overs to spare.

I know it is the pitch but it is also the bowling. If England keep thinking they will keep chasing 360 plus totals every day ,they will lose a knockout match.

How many runs do you think Indian bowling will allow on this pitch??

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I know it is the pitch but it is also the bowling. If England keep thinking they will keep chasing 360 plus totals every day ,they will lose a knockout match.

How many runs do you think Indian bowling will allow on this pitch??

330 odd but also how much can they make or chase if the top 3 have a middle of the road day?

they are not getting 350+ too often either

1 minute ago, maniac said:

330 odd but also how much can they make or chase if the top 3 have a middle of the road day?

they are not getting 350+ too often either

India cannot chase 250 even of flattest pitches if top three don't do anything.

Some ignorant people think that India is better off without Rohit Sharma opening.Or Rahul should be made into an opener .

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

I think most people would agree that Rohit's presence improves our chances. I fail to understand why you think he does not benefit the team? He has played a hand in winning us loads of matches, second only to Kohli in recent times. This is just a fact.

I am aware of those "fans". To go in depth, you would need to understand his SRs early on, his conversation rate, his performance in ICC events vs major teams (not just BD), performance in bilaterals, and so on. He would benefit the team if he plays as per situation/conditions. Based on your points, I can show that Ind can benefit by playing my pets in the 11 as long as it wins 

A quick fact based on "recent" data (do your own analysis)

• In 2019, Ind has played 13 games so far
  • In those 13 games, Rohit has 8 scores of below 50 (unacceptably low conversation considering his SR and 1 100 in 13 games)
  • In those 8 games, he avgs 15 with a SR of 57, the lowest among top 7 with 3 innings 
  • In the games where he scored 50+, Ind only won 2 :lol:
  • Ind won 6 games when he scored less than 50 
  • In these 6 games, Rohit has the lowest avg of 17 and SR of 56 among top 4 with more than 1 game. So Ind won 75% of its games, when Rohit failed 

Substitute XYZ with Rohit and his fan can justify his "benefits" too as long as Ind won those 6 games .... Enjoy the game! .... and I hope Rohit lives up to your expectations in the WC this time (his poor record in ICC events vs major teams sans BD is available too) :winky:

Edited by zen