England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Trent Bridge, Nottingham | May 17, 2019 | Match thread |

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Perhaps you can point me to some matches where we lost because of Rohit's slow batting. Your criteria for judging Rohit seems to be extremely stringent

His stats have been posted umpteen times.  His SR is in the 70s.  He only manages to bring it up, IF he somehow scores more than 60 runs.  Put it this way, a sub-50 score by Rohit, which is 7 out of 10 games, does more to increase the win probability of the opposition, than a golden duck.  

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

His stats have been posted umpteen times.  His SR is in the 70s.  He only manages to bring it up, IF he somehow scores more than 60 runs.  Put it this way, a sub-50 score by Rohit, which is 7 out of 10 games, does more to increase the win probability of the opposition, than a golden duck.  

Rohit has to play those innings being the only power hitter in the side against pace bowling.

Azam to is a backbone for a fragile batting order.

maybe you enjoy the WI style the no.9 team in the world, a 400 on one day of the month and the remaining days folding out for 120s

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Rohit has to play those innings being the only power hitter in the side against pace bowling.

Azam to is a backbone for a fragile batting order.

maybe you enjoy the WI style the no.9 team in the world, a 400 on one day of the month and the remaining days folding out for 120s

Rohit "has to" bat like shyte to help the team.   This is a myth.  

Only Ram lalla can save us.  If "he" fails, we will fold for 120.  So what if he only succeeds once every 8 games.  He gives me pant-gasm that one time he does, so he deserves to be in the team.  

Ok hyperbole aside, Rohit is the lone batsman in this team that can actually convert a well directed short ball at more than 88mph into a scoring opportunity, with any sort of consistency.  A Rohit that is "in", can murder any bowler, on any ground, to all parts, and win a game on his own.  

The problem is, that this scenario doesn't come off at a high rate of consistency.  And the times he fails to go on to a long innings, he really impacts the teams' score and winning chances negatively.  And I really believe that its a fixable problem - he is capable of improving his SR in the 1st half of his innings, by improving his strike rotation.   His ganguly-esque SR of 60-70 cannot be afforded, simply on the gamble for that rare monster innings.  

Criticism aside, he's still the default starting ODI opener.  But he needs to improve his game.  Even ardent defenders and Brohit-lovers ought to be honest about such obvious facts.

14 minutes ago, zen said:

I am aware of those "fan". To go in depth, you would need to understand his SRs early on, his conversation rate, his performance in ICC events vs major teams (not just BD), performance in bilaterals, and so on. He would benefit the team if he plays as per situation/conditions. Based on your points, I can show that Ind can benefit by playing my pets in the 11 as long as it wins 

A quick fact based on "recent" data (do your own analysis)

• In 2019, Ind has played 13 games so far
  • In those 13 games, Rohit has 8 scores of below 50 
  • In those 8 games, he avgs 15 with a SR of 57, the lowest among top 7 with 3 innings 
  • In the games where he scored 50+, Ind only won 2 :lol:
  • Ind won 6 games when he scored less than 50 

Enjoy the game! :winky:

Shikhar's performances

• In those 13 games, Shikhar has 10 scores of below 50 -> worse than Rohit
  • In those 10 games, he avgs 13.6 with a SR of 71,-> avg wise worse, SR wise better, I fail to see the relevance of this point

Yet we see little hate for Dhawan from you. Im not suggesting that you start hating on him too, however.

Your statistical analysis brings out one fact that our openers haven't been that great this year and this I agree with. Especially if you consider performances in 2017 and 2018. Across these two years if you look at their performances

Rohit Avg 72.59 SR 99.74 11 Hundreds, 8 fifties in 40 matches

Shikhar Avg 48.86 SR 101.8 6 Hundreds, 8 fifties in 41 matches

Are you saying the stats above are totally irrelevant? Most teams would kill to have stats like these. Even in 2019 amidst this dry spell Rohit still averages 42, Dhawan a little behind at 35.

Appreciate your in depth analysis, just not convinced about your conclusions drawn. Who knows Rohit may fail in the WC and prove you right. Or the opposite happens. It cannot be denied that Rohit is still our best bet in the opening slot.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Imad wasim = Pakistan's krunal pandya lol Can't play bouncers

Lol they have so many Indian beta versions starting from kohli to Jadeja. 

Some of them like 

Rahane  - Shafiq 

Raina  -  Haris sohail 

Bhuvi  - Abbas 

Pujara - Azhar ali

Hardik  -  Faheem Ashraf

Jadeja -  Nawaz 

Vijay Shankar - Hussain talat 

Etc etc etc 

Edited by Norman
57 minutes ago, zen said:

I am aware of those "fans". To go in depth, you would need to understand his SRs early on, his conversation rate, his performance in ICC events vs major teams (not just BD), performance in bilaterals, and so on. He would benefit the team if he plays as per situation/conditions. Based on your points, I can show that Ind can benefit by playing my pets in the 11 as long as it wins 

A quick fact based on "recent" data (do your own analysis)

• In those 13 games, Rohit has 8 scores of below 50 (unacceptably low conversation considering his SR and 1 100 in 13 games)
  • In those 8 games, he avgs 15 with a SR of 57, the lowest among top 7 with 3 innings 
  • In these 6 games, Rohit has the lowest avg of 17 and SR of 56 among top 4 with more than 1 game. So Ind won 75% of its games, when Rohit failed 

Substitute XYZ with Rohit and his fan can justify his "benefits" too as long as Ind won those 6 games .... Enjoy the game! .... and I hope Rohit lives up to your expectations in the WC this time (his poor record in ICC events vs major teams sans BD is available too) :winky:

Again great you are competent with basic  3rd standard math and figured out how to use statsguru ....yay. But watching these games will go long way too

here are the 13 innings you keep pointing

56 vs Australia- lone warrior where everyone fell around him. 89 balls is fine when you need your 2nd premier bat to play through.

95(92) - How is that a poor knock?

14(14) with 1 6 and 1 4- isn’t that the kind of “unselfish” knocks you are expecting out of him

0- fine 1 failure.

37- middle of the road knock on a tricky surface.  Took a few balls but then again batsman were struggling and you expect your 2nd premier bat to hang in there.

2- on a greenmamba. This is the same game where the much maligned Rayudu and Shankar rescued us. Let’s bring them in the side or back them on that right. You would like that right?

7- Another green mamba where the side folded for a sub par score. Survived 23 balls meant he brought on the fight.

62- self explanatory against a top Nzl attack. This was chasing so ensured a low total was chased without any hiccups

87- again self explanatory. Opposition got bowled out for 230 and India went on to get 320 which showed that was good impetus and India got a par score

11- fine, will take that as a failure. First batsman to fail ever. Yay. Congratulations.

9-  Another poor game

43(52) chasing a middle of the road target. India got the job done thanks to the start.

133(129) when everyone were falling like nine pins. One of the finest knock this year

just to give you a bonus the 2 innings prior to that end of 2018 were 63* from 56 and 162 from 137 :drool:

Game Set and Match

@sandeep some garnish of common sense to go along with the dhokla (love dhokla) you need it real bad

Edited by maniac
Just now, Forward Defence said:

Shikhar's performances

Your statistical analysis brings out one fact that our openers haven't been that great this year and this I agree with. Especially if you consider performances in 2017 and 2018. Across these two years if you look at their performances

Rohit Avg 72.59 SR 99.74 11 Hundreds, 8 fifties in 40 matches

Shikhar Avg 48.86 SR 101.8 6 Hundreds, 8 fifties in 41 matches

The point is about playing normal cricket and not doing unnecessary tuktuk to get to 75+ when your conversation rate is poor esp. considering the SR .... it is you who is saying/implying Rohit should be allowed to do tuktuk despite recent data suggesting otherwise (stats on Dhawan are out of context on as he does not do tuktuk relatively speaking and when no one is saying to play Dhawan if he is performing badly)

And there are tons of other points you missed including Rohit does well in bilaterals (and his recent poor record suggests that he is not up to the task there too, an area of his strength). As mentioned, Rohit’s poor record in ICC events vs major teams sans BD is available too (and Dhawan’s too for comparison)

So again, you are posting irrelevant stuff! I have seen data of most Ind players and gone through posts like yours tons of times so ping me when you have something important to bring to the table :dance: