England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Trent Bridge, Nottingham | May 17, 2019 | Match thread |

@zen bhai,  Rohit got hundreds in a world cup quarter final and a champions trophy semi final.  You can't just ignore  these innings just by saying its only against Bangladesh. Bangladesh were there because they were playing good cricket and by no means a minnow. No matter what Rohit will  be crucial for our wc campaign. He can murder bowling attacks on these wickets and can be even more impactful than VK. :bow:

Just now, zen said:

:hmmmm: 

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Again great you are competent with basic  3rd standard math and figured out how to use statsguru ....yay. But watching these games will go long way too

here are the 13 innings you keep pointing

56 vs Australia- lone warrior where everyone fell around him. 89 balls is fine when you need your 2nd premier bat to play through.

95(92) - How is that a poor knock?

14(14) with 1 6 and 1 4- isn’t that the kind of “unselfish” knocks you are expecting out of him

0- fine 1 failure.

37- middle of the road knock on a tricky surface.  Took a few balls but then again batsman were struggling and you expect your 2nd premier bat to hang in there.

2- on a greenmamba. This is the same game where the much maligned Rayudu and Shankar rescued us. Let’s bring them in the side or back them on that right. You would like that right?

7- Another green mamba where the side folded for a sub par score. Survived 23 balls meant he brought on the fight.

62- self explanatory against a top Nzl attack. This was chasing so ensured a low total was chased without any hiccups

87- again self explanatory. Opposition got bowled out for 230 and India went on to get 320 which showed that was good impetus and India got a par score

11- fine, will take that as a failure. First batsman to fail ever. Yay. Congratulations.

9-  Another poor game

43(52) chasing a middle of the road target. India got the job done thanks to the start.

133(129) when everyone were falling like nine pins. One of the finest knock this year

just to give you a bonus the 2 innings prior to that end of 2018 were 63* from 56 and 162 from 137 :drool:

Game Set and Match

:bow:

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

@zen bhai,  Rohit got hundreds in a world cup quarter final and a champions trophy semi final.  You can't just ignore  these innings just by saying its only against Bangladesh. Bangladesh were there because they were playing good cricket and by no means a minnow. No matter what Rohit will  be crucial for our wc campaign. He can murder bowling attacks on these wickets and can be even more impactful than VK. :bow:

Credit to him for that but I am talking about other major teams where a player would need to perform as well. I expect Rohit to do well against teams such as BD, who happened to be there. Not sure how he would have done with other teams, where is record is poor including in ICC finals (avg of 5)  

But he is in the squad so let's hope for the best :dontknow:

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

:bow:

That is just some list of innings that I already know about and accounted for when I made the post you replied too .... my main point is about playing positive cricket and not indulging in unnecessary tuktuk to play a 75+ innings when the conversation rate is low .... Also Rohit is expected to do well in bilaterals but has begun to struggle in it as well 

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India remove India from query
Start of match date between 1 Jan 2019 and 31 Dec 2019 remove between 1 Jan 2019 and 31 Dec 2019 from query
Batting position between 1 and 7 remove between 1 and 7 from query
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 200 remove runs scored greater than or equal to 200 from query
Ordered by batting strike rate (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 6 of 6   First pageFirst Previous pagePrevious Next Next page Last Last page dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SRDescending 100 50 0 4s 6s  
V Kohli 11 11 0 611 123 55.54 648 94.29 3 1 0 57 5 investigate this query
KM Jadhav 11 9 3 290 81* 48.33 326 88.95 0 2 0 30 3 investigate this query
S Dhawan 13 13 1 420 143 35.00 475 88.42 1 2 2 52 4 investigate this query
RG Sharma 13 13 0 556 133 42.76 701 79.31 1 4 1 44 16 investigate this query
MS Dhoni 9 8 4 327 87* 81.75 418 78.22 0 4 1 22 6 investigate this query
AT Rayudu 10 10 2 247 90 30.87 328 75.30 0 1 2 24 6

In bilaterals, which is his strong point, his conversation rate to 50 and then from 50 to 100 is relatively poor considering his SR and position in the top order! And you wrote that he is the 2nd premier batsman :rolleyes:  .... I guess Rayudu is 3rd. Maybe Rohit should be joining Rayudu too :p:

Edited by zen
9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

@zen This discussion seems to be going nowhere because we cannot agree upon what is relevant and what isn't. I just hope Rohit proves you wrong at the World Cup. Im sure you hope that too.

Let's enjoy England's batting now. I also want to see what's so great about this Hasnain.

I do hope he does well for Ind's sake. The flat tracks should help .... Irrespective of how he does, this could be his last WC unless his game improves significantly (and we have options with immense potential in the wing) .... If he does well, good, if not, we can still have fun with him getting out and blocking perfectly hittable balls .... a win-win :drool: