Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack

Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack

• Yes
    • No, but I will watch Ind-Pak game
    • No, I wont watch any games involving Pak

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2019 at 05:32 AM

We were angry when the Pulwama attack happened and some of us swore to never watch pak matches from hereon. Its time to implement it. There's no point in watching them and make their coverage more popular. The game runs on Indian viewership. So you have the power to say no. I can understand if ICFers want to watch the Ind-Pak game. But there's no reason to watch other games featuring them. All you have to do is change the channel/switch off the tv/streaming. Will you do it.

Only Indo-Pak match and will cheer on as we smash them mercilessly, hopefully !!!

Other matches no way, in fact I don't think I will follow non-India matches at all, except when something special/thrilling is happening or KO. 

Since I am temporarily active on social media (mainly for elections) and follow lots of cricket related handles I come to know of Pak-Eng scores, gifs, small videos etc, that and ICF/CB. I haven't followed them via any other medium.

Edited by Gollum

This thread is silly, to be charitable.  The "haters" on this thread, are the ones who are most obsessed with greenbros.  

Its one thing to be supportive of a boycott policy - I fully support the decision to disallow the privilege of bilateral cricket to Pakistan as part of the response to the Pakistani state's culpability in terrorism and murder.  Because that boycott actually has an impact - it takes away millions of dollars from a Pakistani state entity, creating pressure on the Pakistani state to mend its ways and join the ranks of the civilized.  

But that has nothing to do with watching a cricket telecast of an ICC tournament.  

Not watching a cricket game has zero impact on, anything.  If you have issues with the criminal actions of the PakMil mafia, congratulations, you are a member of the majority section of humanity that is sane and civilized.  Unfortunately, the sentiment and "logic" behind this thread puts that membership in jeopardy.  The only justification I can give this, if the thread was created by a 12 year old.  Then maybe such "sentiment" can be excused in the name of immaturity.  Somehow I doubt that OP is 12 years old.  At least chronologically.

@sandeep It was a genuine question. No need to type an essay with ad hominem attacks on my maturity and thread quality. There are plenty of "stupid" threads out there. If you like dissecting those threads, you are wasting your time. You could have voted yes and answered like @Forward Defence if you wanted to

If you wanted the purpose of this thread, you could have asked. Silly me. Learn some forum etiquette. Lesson from a 12 year old at least chronologically.

Nahi dekhna toh nahi dekhna, koi zabardasti hai kya? OP doesn't want to follow their matches and has every right to act as per his conscience. I won't follow non-India matches because this format, mainly length of the group stage bores me, the question of following Pak doesn't arise. Nothing illegal here, nothing in bad taste, hamari marzi, subscription ka paisa humi ne bhara hai na. Of course if something miraculous is going on or a thriller for the ages is in concluding stage, it will be human nature for anyone to tune in.

So what if OP is 12 years or 8 years? He has a strong opinion and is entitled to it, no one apart from him knows his background story or mind frame due to Pulwama, no need to throw jibes at him when he hasn't done the same to other posters. 

I would have loved for BCCI to obliterate PSL but that isn't happening, couldn't care less about their participation in a WC they aren't going to come near winning. 

Edited by Gollum
14 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

@sandeep It was a genuine question. No need to type an essay with ad hominem attacks on my maturity and thread quality. There are plenty of "stupid" threads out there. If you like dissecting those threads, you are wasting your time. You could have voted yes and answered like @Forward Defence if you wanted to

If you wanted the purpose of this thread, you could have asked. Silly me. Learn some forum etiquette. Lesson from a 12 year old at least chronologically.

He has a soft corner for them, once mentioned that he considers them long lost brothers or something like that. Also a liberal, not gone into full tard mode yet so you can still engage with him without getting a full blown migraine :phehe:. He vehemently hates PakMil and their extremists/PTI as much as any sane person, but his heart still has a place for other Pakistanis. No one's complaining though and we can all agree that @sandeep is a good guy who adds value to the forum. So let's all de-escalate here, shall we :icflove:?

Edited by Gollum
47 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Genuine or otherwise, it was a silly question.  Its a discussion forum.  Just like you are free to create threads, others are free to share their opinions and perspectives.  I find the mindless, herd-like mentality of "hating", almost a competition of who can express their anti-Pakistan feelings more STRONK, silly.  And I refuse to pull my punches.  

And with utmost "forum etiquette", its my time that I'm choosing to 'waste'.  

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He has a soft corner for them, once mentioned that he considers them long lost brothers or something like that. Also a liberal, not gone into full tard mode yet so you can still engage with him without getting a full blown migraine :phehe:. He vehemently hates PakMil and their extremists/PTI as much as any sane person, but his heart still has a place for other Pakistanis. No one's complaining though and we can all agree that @sandeep is a good guy who adds value to the forum. So let's all de-escalate here, shall we :icflove:?

Its not a war to de-escalate :laugh: If he wants to be a keyboard warrior, I give up. Its not my cup of tea. Soft corner is alright. I know what I would do. Stay away from the padosis and their mental disease. How do I know. I have interacted with them in the US and know how they work. I also spent some years in the padosi forum and was fed up with their BS.

I also hate their military but also the people who go along with it. Lets not pretend their people and their cricketers are innocent because they are fed with hate by their military. Case in point Afridi, Tanvir, Azhar Mahmood, Hasan Ali, etc

If someone has trained their dogs to bite and maim you and possibly kill you. What would you do. Hate that person and talk sweetly to those dogs and feed them biscuits and send them to dog therapy. No, you would try to be far away from them. If not, you would put a bullet in them

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

The "haters" on this thread, are the ones who are most obsessed with greenbros.  

Its one thing to be supportive of a boycott policy - I fully support the decision to disallow the privilege of bilateral cricket to Pakistan as part of the response to the Pakistani state's culpability in terrorism and murder.  Because that boycott actually has an impact - it takes away millions of dollars from a Pakistani state entity, creating pressure on the Pakistani state to mend its ways and join the ranks of the civilized.  

But that has nothing to do with watching a cricket telecast of an ICC tournament.  

Not watching a cricket game has zero impact on, anything.

incorrect.

Indians should not watch Pakistan unless they are playing India.

This way Indians are not providing TRP ratings to Pakistani cricket in general. 

This is very important, 

India should also choose to send some form of a wide public message to the masses to shun pakistan cricket, movies, music, etc, its for the greater good.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

The only justification I can give this, if the thread was created by a 12 year old

if you are not able or not willing to objectively respond to the OP you will try to insult him? I have to agree some of the threads here insulting or trolling xyz cricketer as a tool to get back at some other poster are immature and makes one wonder how many 12-year-olds are there in the forum. But i think this thread is not one of them has sound decisive basis behind it, whether one agrees or disagrees is another matter. 

Edited by Vilander
3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

very broad assumption, i am sure no one is watching that crap.

Well a lot of people really began liking this England team in the recent past for their all out attack batting. Butler has become a fan favourite now and Bairstow too because of his IPL showings. So they're watching this to see them play. 

37 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I find the mindless, herd-like mentality of "hating", almost a competition of who can express their anti-Pakistan feelings more STRONK, silly.  And I refuse to pull my punches.  

ok so refuse to pull anything but if you pull the punches on the OP for his statement you should be prepared to get some counters. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Well a lot of people really began liking this England team in the recent past for their all out attack batting. Butler has become a fan favourite now and Bairstow too because of his IPL showings. So they're watching this to see them play. 

Sure England are a good team but them playing some **** makes it unwatchable for some.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

We were angry when the Pulwama attack happened and some of us swore to never watch pak matches from hereon. Its time to implement it. There's no point in watching them and make their coverage more popular. The game runs on Indian viewership. So you have the power to say no. I can understand if ICFers want to watch the Ind-Pak game. But there's no reason to watch other games featuring them. All you have to do is change the channel/switch off the tv/streaming. Will you do it.

Indians should never watch a pakistani production of any form/ any product should be ritually methodically shunned with extreme prejudice where ever possible. To be prejudiced against evil is righteous and virtuous.  

1 hour ago, zen said:

Even after ignoring Pulwama, I am not sure Pak team is exciting enough to waste time on. May check scores much like you would for WC games or watch if the other team is playing exceptionally well to see some good cricket 

Best post.... straight brutal response..love your posts anyway