Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack

Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch Pakistan matches after the Pulwama attack

• Yes
    • No, but I will watch Ind-Pak game
    • No, I wont watch any games involving Pak

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/2019 at 05:32 AM

I have a doubt. 

Can anyone tell me how by us watching the pakistan games be profitable to them ? 

I mean all we are doing is increasing the TRP of our Indian channel or any online platform right ?  They have already paid the English board for rights. So us watching or not watching should not affect Pak right? 

P.s - I firmly agree that we should boycott pakistan everywhere but just a genuine doubt. :stupido3:

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

if you are not able or not willing to objectively respond to the OP you will try to insult him? I have to agree some of the threads here insulting or trolling xyz cricketer as a tool to get back at some other poster are immature and makes one wonder how many 12-year-olds are there in the forum. But i think this thread is not one of them has sound decisive basis behind it, whether one agrees or disagrees is another matter. 

I believe I did objectively respond to the OP.  You are free to disagree.  

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have a doubt. 

Can anyone tell me how by us watching the pakistan games be profitable to them ? 

I mean all we are doing is increasing the TRP of our Indian channel or any online platform right ?  They have already paid the English board for rights. So us watching or not watching should not affect Pak right? 

P.s - I firmly agree that we should boycott pakistan everywhere but just a genuine doubt. :stupido3:

+1.  

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have a doubt. 

pak team which plays crappy cricket should be at their level which is crap. TRP is for the producer which is ECB in this case who would know how crap the participant pak is when they produce next. 

24 minutes ago, Vilander said:

incorrect.

Indians should not watch Pakistan unless they are playing India.

This way Indians are not providing TRP ratings to Pakistani cricket in general. 

This is very important, 

India should also choose to send some form of a wide public message to the masses to shun pakistan cricket, movies, music, etc, its for the greater good.

This is what I was getting at before I got called out for a "silly post". Nowadays, we can even see how many people are watching the game through hotstar. If they see a nosedive when it comes to one team who are our main rivals in cricket, it will make the news and tell them an ultimate eff you and we have the social media to run with it and create an avalanche. We should never make this aman ki tamasha mistake again with them and patronize their stars. People in general have poor memory and are forced to repeat the mistakes of the past. We need to keep reminding our people about the past and the way padosis backstab India time after time.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

pak team which plays crappy cricket should be at their level which is crap. TRP is for the producer which is ECB in this case who would know how crap the participant pak is when they produce next. 

ECB and ICC already got paid.  "Not watching" only hurts the TV channel and their ad rates.  And that too marginally if at all.  Its the "12 year old" equivalent of 'old man yells at cloud'.   

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

This is what I was getting at before I got called out for a "silly post". Nowadays, we can even see how many people are watching the game through hotstar. If they see a nosedive when it comes to one team who are our main rivals in cricket, it will make the news and tell them an ultimate eff you and we have the social media to run with it and create an avalanche. We should never make this aman ki tamasha mistake again with them and patronize their stars. People in general have poor memory and are forced to repeat the mistakes of the past. We need to keep reminding our people about the past and the way padosis backstab India time after time.

Blind tribalism and a blanket hate-fest of a country and its entire population, is counter productive to Indian interests.  It will only serve to strengthen the extreme anti-India factions within Pakistan.  By mirroring the stupidity of the "hate India" nutso brigade in Pakistan, you are strengthening them.  Are you able to process this simple, obvious point?  

When a child wants something and doesn't get it, it throws a tantrum.  A mature adult, one with brains - faced with something similar, should deploy counter measures and actions that result in getting what you want.  India has a problem on its western border - a quasi-state controlled by a criminal, self-serving exploitative military mafia that is bent on perpetuating hostility between the 2 countries.  Retaliation, purely for the sake of it, may "feel good", but is less desirable if its counter-productive.  

Being smart and non-punitive, doesn't mean that you are 'weak'.  You can be tough without being petty.  You can target Pakistan without hurting your own media companies.  You can be smart enough to play the long game.  

Or you can run immature "social media avalanches" that pander to your emotions.  Entirely up to you.  Boycotts can work, if they are well thought out and targeted properly.  This example of a boycott is, to  be blunt, dumb as a doorknob.  

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

I have a doubt. 

Its not about the present but about the future. If trp goes down, ecb would be hesitant to invite pak for long tours. They will be reduced to secondary status just like Zim and Ban. Less international cricket will hurt pak board financially and quality wise.

I read a post in peepee long time back that if BCCI takes its ball and goes home, international and thereby pak cricket can still survive by Indian viewership. My point is to warn others about how they are thinking.

Have you gone onto youtube and seen reaction videos of pakistanis about Indian videos. Why are they doing this. Pewdiepeis only competitor is t-series which relies on Indian views to gain more popularity and ad money. Pakistanis are trying to get into the market. Lets break them here as well. you cant hate us and then after a while beg us for ad money. It dont work that way

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Blind tribalism and a blanket hate-fest of a country and its entire population, is counter productive to Indian interests.  It will only serve to strengthen the extreme anti-India factions within Pakistan.  By mirroring the stupidity of the "hate India" nutso brigade in Pakistan, you are strengthening them.  Are you able to process this simple, obvious point?  

When a child wants something and doesn't get it, it throws a tantrum.  A mature adult, one with brains - faced with something similar, should deploy counter measures and actions that result in getting what you want.  India has a problem on its western border - a quasi-state controlled by a criminal, self-serving exploitative military mafia that is bent on perpetuating hostility between the 2 countries.  Retaliation, purely for the sake of it, may "feel good", but is less desirable if its counter-productive.  

Being smart and non-punitive, doesn't mean that you are 'weak'.  You can be tough without being petty.  You can target Pakistan without hurting your own media companies.  You can be smart enough to play the long game.  

Or you can run immature "social media avalanches" that pander to your emotions.  Entirely up to you.  Boycotts can work, if they are well thought out and targeted properly.  This example of a boycott is, to  be blunt, dumb as a doorknob.  

They already hate us. Most of them are uneducated and tribalistic. You can't strengthen those factions which are already strong in their hate. The educated are the minority. Their options are

1. get out of the country,

2. say anti-India statements just to pacify the rogue elements,

3. Join the elite and rule them

Acting nice to a nation like this is considered a weakness. This is how every country operates more so this rogue one. Look this is no feel good retaliation or a petty one either. Im not saying we should be in war with them. These are economical wars and they are much more effective than loss of life in wars. US already tried the "soft" method with them. They tried to give money to them to fight the war on terror. How did it end. They got frustrated and now they dont send money. China is the main sponsor of Pak and they are hard customers unlike USA.

25 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They already hate us. Most of them are uneducated and tribalistic. You can't strengthen those factions which are already strong in their hate. The educated are the minority. Their options are

1. get out of the country,

2. say anti-India statements just to pacify the rogue elements,

3. Join the elite and rule them

Acting nice to a nation like this is considered a weakness. This is how every country operates more so this rogue one. Look this is no feel good retaliation or a petty one either. Im not saying we should be in war with them. These are economical wars and they are much more effective than loss of life in wars. US already tried the "soft" method with them. They tried to give money to them to fight the war on terror. How did it end. They got frustrated and now they dont send money. China is the main sponsor of Pak and they are hard customers unlike USA.

None of this has any relevance to this thread you started.  And sorry, but your "summary" of geopolitical relations is dripping with infantile naivete.  

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

None of this has any relevance to this thread you started.  And sorry, but your "summary" of geopolitical relations is dripping with infantile naivete.  

Maybe you dont want to look. I said something about economical warfare. And you were the one who wanted to not offend anti-Indian factions

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Maybe you dont want to look. I said something about economical warfare. And you were the one who wanted to not offend anti-Indian factions

Rando fans not watching cricket games != economic warfare.  

And I have no qualms about "not offending" anti-Indian factions.  I have a problem with strengthening them.  Maybe you don't want to understand my point.  

People here are saying that Pakistanis are brainwashed to hate India but when you come to this forum, it seems other way round. Same is in uni as well. Pakistanis mind their own business and enjoy their lives whereas Indians are always talking about deshbhakti and forgot to tell how they were celebrating "air strike" but went shunned when their pilot got captured. Few deshbhakts were even on verge of getting expelled due to their deshbhakti against Pakistanis. Mirpuri Pakistanis are something which I would avoid because they are deshbhakts and hate India but people from mainland Pakistan like Lahore or Karachi don't hate India and in fact have Indian friends as well