Should we worry about Pakistan

I am. Batting suddenly looking good, scoring big - admittedly against England attack on dream batting wickets. A fit Shadab will boost their attack. They're well prepared having been in the country for a while and playing actual ODIs against the favourites. Fear they will do well this WC.

Its good to worry about every team. Its not like we are to play a knockout against Pakistan, at least not for next one and half month. We have to go through 9 important games to reach the last 4, and just like Pakistan, every team will be important and everyone is batting well - be it West Indies, or Bangladesh. We need to bowl well and make sure our batsmen are able to pile the runs.

Pakistan and England are playing a run fest right now and hence it brings concern to us all of a sudden. Fact is that most teams will look good come late next week when the warm ups begin. 

Most teams are on par with each other I think. 

I wouldn't be. This WC's format guarentees that only the deserving progress. Pkaistan has relied on its unpredictablity in the past to get ahead of better teams. I seriously question if they are capable of playing consistently good cricket. Their schedule has all the tough matches one after the other. 

Pakistan have been hopeless for a while in ODI cricket.  They've gotten slightly better.  Haris's return to fitness helps that batting unit.  

India were dominant, but have regressed a bit.  How much? We can't be sure.  

But I don't think this translates to having to worry.  I still think the quality gap between the 2 ODI teams is non-trivial.  Of course as the CT final showed, on a given day, those gaps can be bridged with a bit of luck and gumption.  

Has anyone watched them off late ? cause i watched a bit of 3rd ODI. Credit to Imam for getting the runs but if that guy can score more than run a ball, shikhar will probably bat at 180 sr on the same track. Pak bowling is rubbish, a guy who playing u19 world cup last year is leading pace attack. Spinner was a poor mans version of jaddu. The two wanna-be akhtars , one was hasan ali who troubled us in CT and then another one both were ordinary. 

I am sure on better track pak bowling would have looked better but still its shocking the bowlers they have picked. I still cant believe they dont have a better spinner than imad. Heck Chahar looks a more complete bowler than him. 

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Has anyone watched them off late ? cause i watched a bit of 3rd ODI. Credit to Imam for getting the runs but if that guy can score more than run a ball, shikhar will probably bat at 180 sr on the same track. Pak bowling is rubbish, a guy who playing u19 world cup last year is leading pace attack. Spinner was a poor mans version of jaddu. The two wanna-be akhtars , one was hasan ali who troubled us in CT and then another one both were ordinary. 

I am sure on better track pak bowling would have looked better but still its shocking the bowlers they have picked. I still cant believe they dont have a better spinner than imad. Heck Chahar looks a more complete bowler than him. 

Compare Shikar with Fakar and imam with Rohit , Dhawan is better but is struggling for form , Rohit is as bad as imam 

13 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

In Asia cup they lost to BD, India, almost lost to Afghanistan. This is their 9th loss in a row lol Why do you consider them as a threat?

Their batting looks good now, scoring at a rate they weren't before- if the pitches are juiced up a bit - which you'd expect the ICC to do - their attack Junaid, Hasan and Shadab will be more potent.

38 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Their batting looks good now, scoring at a rate they weren't before- if the pitches are juiced up a bit - which you'd expect the ICC to do - their attack Junaid, Hasan and Shadab will be more potent.

Junaid is past it.  Hassan is serviceable, but needs a frontline pacer or 2 around him to be effective.  Shadab is good, but overuses his googly and doesn't use flight.  

Pakistan's batting has improved a bit, but is still waaay too dependent on Hackit Zaman - if he goes cheap, you can almost guarantee that they will dawdle along at less than 5 RPO for 15 to 20 overs.  And Zaman is not consistent enough, can't be, with his shot selection and limited range.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Junaid is past it.  Hassan is serviceable, but needs a frontline pacer or 2 around him to be effective.  Shadab is good, but overuses his googly and doesn't use flight.  

Pakistan's batting has improved a bit, but is still waaay too dependent on Hackit Zaman - if he goes cheap, you can almost guarantee that they will dawdle along at less than 5 RPO for 15 to 20 overs.  And Zaman is not consistent enough, can't be, with his shot selection and limited range.  

Shadab is a lesser bowler than Chahar, Gopal, Chahal. He bowls too many trashy balls.  Not really a potent bowler. Hope we don't gif wickets to that guy. India has to be very very aggressive be it is bowling or batting. Fakhar Zaman scores 90% of his runs through on side. He is a compulsive puller even though weak against proper bouncers.  So get him out early.