Will Ind make it to the last 4 in WC19?

zen

Will Ind make it to the last 4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ind make it to the last 4?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2019 at 03:00 AM

I will divide Ind's games into 3 phases. 

Phase A: SA, Aus, and NZ 

• vs. SA at Southhampton (06/05). This will be SA's 3rd game and Ind's first. SA would be well adjusted to the conditions. SA bowling attack is good with Rabada, Steyn, Lungi, and Tahir. Batting is also competitive with de Kock, Markham, du Plessis, Amla, and Duminy, along with hitting power at the end in likes of Morris if he is playing
  • vs. Aus at London (06/09). This will be Aus 3rd game as well. While Ind's 2nd 
  • vs. NZ at Nottingham (06/13). This will be NZ's 4th game. Its first 3 games are vs. Asian teams so will be well oiled to take on India

In Phase A, in the worst case scenario, India could be 0-3 

Phase B: Pak, AFG, and WI 

• vs. Pak at Manchester (06/16). The ground supports bowlers relatively so I would give India an edge esp. considering Pak's batting 
  • vs. AFG at Southhampton (0622). On a high-scoring ground vs. a minnow equals advantage Ind 
  • vs. WI at Manchester (06/27). This is a tricky one. The ground supports pace bowling and WI has that. WI batting is strong as well 

In Phase B, Ind could expect to win at least 2 games 

Phase C. Eng, BD and SL 

• vs. Eng at Birmingham (06/30). The cards would be on the table for both teams
  • vs. BD at Birmingham (07/02). BD could be in a nothing to lose position so could play dangerous cricket 
  • vs. SL at Leeds (07/06). Much like BD, SL could be in a nothing to lose position as well

The two games at Birmingham could seal Ind's fate. If Ind wins the first two, there could be an NRR based qualification scenario to consider going into the final game vs. SL. If Ind's loses 1-2 games at Birmingham, it could not be moving to the next stage. 

So the question is - will India make it to the last 4? Discuss and vote. Poll closes on 06/04. 

Edited by zen

India will be certainly in the top four.

Virat should stop doing too much experiment with the team.

Team has a good mix of youth and experience.Top three performance will be crucial

. Dhoni 's experience will come handy in guiding Kohli & while chasing.

Pandya 's all-round performance will be the X factor.

Bowling is very good with aggressive bowlers in Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep and Chahal.

Most likely team consisting Jadhav may not available for some games

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Dhoni

Shankar

Pandya

Kuldeep

Chahal

Shami

Bumrah

If Ind makes it, great. If not, I want it out by the game vs. Eng. BD bros raise their game vs Ind in such events. Knocked us out in 2007, we were saved by Sehwag’s 175 in 2011, ran us close in T20 WC (that memorable Pandya over), and competed well in Asia Cup as well. In the last phase, BD, as mentioned, could be in a nothing to lose situation so could play fearless cricket. Don’t want BD fans to be celebrating for 4 years for knocking Ind out (and as salvation for its team not making it)!

PS If we survive the BD game, we would have SL to handle, who could be in similar situation as BD and thus play noting to lose cricket  as well

Edited by zen

That's a brutal start, fearing the worst...1-2 start. At max we can afford 3 losses in the entire group stage and England game comes much later. Our match against Pak could be a very important one, high pressure clash....more than the usual Indo-Pak rivalry. 

I mean BCCI is so frecking powerful and rich,  why can't they look after our scheduling?  :wall:

Not saying we should be given some favours but at least keep it fair for us by using all that IPL money. I've already stressed in other thread that we play Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in our last two league games. And after that boom...semifinals against Australia or England .  :mad:  

Just look at the difference in quality. In an all important high intensity semi final,  you want your players to be battle hardened and tough. Not some softies after beating SL and Ban. 

Yeah and also we play our first game after most of the teams having being played two games already. :no:

Edited by Norman

All players are jaded from meaningless I Pee L. They should have traveled 2-3 weeks ahead to get acclimated. But no, Kulli is vacationing in Goa and No-hit in Maldives ... soon they will be posting pics of Phuck de India losing winnable games. I expect a repeat of 2007. Poyzzz coming home early and Bewda has to transported laying down because his auss will be like a baboon after taking all the reaming!!

Edited by Audiophile
On 5/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, Norman said:

So our first three games are against South Africa,  Australia and New Zealand. :frown:

Nice. :shot:

Chowtha bhi  England ke saath rakh dete, world cup shuru hone se pehle hi khatam  hota apne liye. :boring:

We were beating them left right and centre not too long ago. Absolutely smashed kiwis in their den. Barring that shocking Aus series in which some of their players played like possessed ( Turner etc ) ..we are good to beat all 3.

21 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

We were beating them left right and centre not too long ago. Absolutely smashed kiwis in their den. Barring that shocking Aus series in which some of their players played like possessed ( Turner etc ) ..we are good to beat all 3.

Agree. But something's telling me that we'll lose atleast 2 out of these 3 games. 

As someone mentioned, our 1st game is south Africa's 3rd. They will be well oiled by then and we'll be having a few starting jitters. Australia is a toughie as well that too on the oval patta. If it was Edgebaston or old Trafford I'd have backed India and s there is too much firepower in the Aussie line up and they have a better attack than us.  

We'll be fine against the kiwis. But again you never know:dontknow:

Something has to go massively wrong for IND not to end up in the top 4. Players are ok with the coach, most core players are still in some form, we aren't the worst team on field/on paper. If this was a 4 match to reach quarter final - would have been questionable. But a 9 match to reach the semis - you have to play so bad, that indian public would give the players a good beating once they reach home lol.

Winning the WC is still questionable. Once you get in the semi, it's anyone's game (one bad game and you're out).