Cricinfo are pathetic

commentary standards these days of cricinfo has fallen down. They are publishing peurile comments of juvenile fans..  just seen a comment where the guy was comparing this game with our famous win in Adelaide 2003 and wondering who would be Saffers Agarkar..  lol 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:53 PM, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

Why is hasnain listed as RF but likes of bumrah, yadav, shami, saini are not? This bias always continues. I bet archer wood are RF. Only one indian is ever RF that's aaron according to cricinfo. Can we do a petition or raise this matter? I've written in before and received no reply as expected. 

Those chewits have mentioned trundler amir and Junaid as lf......who hardly cross 135 once in a blue moon.

Edited by raki05

Cricinfo has recently changed

Bumrah, Shami, Umesh and Saini as " Right Arm Fast ".  

Aaron and Nagarkoti were always " Right Arm Fast ".

Cricbuzz has recently changed Bumrah and Saini as " Right Arm Fast ".   

Umesh,  Aaron and Nagarkoti were always " Right Arm Fast ".

Shami remains fast medium according to Cricbuzz.

But Cricinfo's strong bias is still reflected in the classification of most uncapped pacers or very new pacers.  New seamers from Australia, South Africa, Pakistan and the West Indies are called fast far more easily and even when they are just medium-fast.  While an Indian pacer is by default medium or medium-fast according to Cricinfo.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

commentary standards these days of cricinfo has fallen down. They are publishing peurile comments of juvenile fans..  just seen a comment where the guy was comparing this game with our famous win in Adelaide 2003 and wondering who would be Saffers Agarkar..  lol 

I don't think it was a wrong comparision.Infact it  would be a bigger win for SA.Beating India now in India is a bigger deal than beating Australia then in Australia which was weakened by Warne and Mcgrath's absence.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't think it was a wrong comparision.Infact it  would be a bigger win for SA.Beating India now in India is a bigger deal than beating Australia then in Australia which was weakened by Warne and Mcgrath's absence.

Yes I agree about beating India in India but in this innings we had a good 71 run lead and there was no way we were going to collapse and South Africa wud chase down our target. 

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Yes I agree about beating India in India but in this innings we had a good 71 run lead and there was no way we were going to collapse and South Africa wud chase down our target. 

If you remember in 2003 also Aussies had first innings lead of 30 plus. About comment of SA's Agarkar was spot, they needed that kind of spell to have any chance of winning.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, express bowling said:

Cricinfo has recently changed

Bumrah, Shami, Umesh and Saini as " Right Arm Fast ".  

Aaron and Nagarkoti were always " Right Arm Fast ".

Cricbuzz has recently changed Bumrah and Saini as " Right Arm Fast ".   

Umesh,  Aaron and Nagarkoti were always " Right Arm Fast ".

Shami remains fast medium according to Cricbuzz.

But Cricinfo's strong bias is still reflected in the classification of most uncapped pacers or very new pacers.  New seamers from Australia, South Africa, Pakistan and the West Indies are called fast far more easily and even when they are just medium-fast.  While an Indian pacer is by default medium or medium-fast according to Cricinfo.

I was just logging in to make this post. I bet they read this thread and upgraded the players finally to RF. Agree with u about the indian default and having to prove speed. 

16 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Just a theory. When ever your watching your fast bowlers how do you know they are not speed up on your screen? Like what if they are actually spinners who look fast on tv with fake speed guns. Maybe I am over thinking this.

That would be serious paranoia and I would  check myself in to a local hospital. Maybe in Pakistan the dr will also believe the conspiracy though ;) 

Opposing batsmen reactions tell u about the speed and how hard it's hitting the keeper gloves too.