KL Rahul is going be the most important player for India this Wc

Our strength this World Cup is clearly bowling. However, it is a no-brainer  that to win games bowlers are expected to deliver regardless of the surface.Be it an absolute belter or a tricky surface or a good even-paced one bowlers have to get the job done for a team to win.

Now let us look at the batting.

On an absolute belter considering we get a good start, an inform KL Rahul will be the deciding factor when the top 3 batsmen of set will start  taking risks. Usually overs 30-40 these days has become the momentum point in OdI cricket. 

Our top 3 have won us most games in recent times.On flat pitches they usually raise their game to a different level but they might and will at times miss out,That is the nature of this sport. 

This where the no.4 position becomes absolutely crucial.

On tricky surfaces or even on even-paced tracks there will be a situation where the No.4 will build with either one of the top 3 batsman or the middle - lower middle order.

This is not a Dhoni bashing thread because all trolling aside, I think Dhoni has his utility. Like it or not, He is going to Marshall the bowling changes and field placings and in an utter hopeless situation he has shown the ability to hang in there and get us to a total to give the bowlers something to bowl at may be not a match winning one most times.

The criticism of MSD has been that once the top 3 go he just shuts down shop, here is where the no.4 can form a crucial partnership and get things moving along with Dhoni holding up one end.

Pandya’s role is pretty one dimensional at the moment. He is expected to play quick fire cameos and this has nothing to do with his ability as a bat but that is the role he has been assigned which he has done quite admirably.

There is a reason why I am pin pointing Rahul

Jadhav right now is only trusted to be a utility cricketer. This is not my personal bias but that’s the way he has been played and that’s how his role has been assigned.

This leaves us with Shankar and DK.

Rahul over Shankar any day as Rahul’a batting exploits in the other 2 formats speak for themselves and we already have 6 bowling options.

Dk has been assigned the role of a finisher.

common sense points  to Rahul being the initial no.4 and this is a guy who has overseas 100s, T20 100s, so the ability is clearly there.

Now he has been thrusted in a position to be the spine of our batting. Hopefully 

A line up of Rohit,Dhawan,Virat, Rahul, MSD,Jadhav,Pandya,Kul-Cha,Shami- Bumrah doesn’t look too bad. In fact looks pretty solid on paper  than say replacing Rahul with Shankar or Dk.

This is why Rahul’s form and performance will be the difference between India winning the WC and struggling in the tournament.

Every name in what looks like the starting X1 is expected to perform and sure they will have their failures but they have cemented their place at the moment.

An in-form and firing Rahul will be the difference maker.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Oh FFS :facepalm:

I am not saying he will set the stage in fire. I am saying he is thrust in a position to be the backbone of the side.

This can apply to Shankar as well.

However picking Rahul based on how he looks likely to start. Never say never with Rat and Bewda

Some may pray that KL doesn't do to the World Cup Trophy what Drogon did to the Iron Throne:fear1:

31ks9b.gif

KLR completely understands that our real enemy is the Cup, that is the source of our unhappiness, tension, worries, anger etc. Rahul is above these earthly matters, knowing full well that cricket is meant to be enjoyed and not part of a rat race to win some damn trophy that comes every 4 years.

But for mere mortal fans that cup hold some value (myself included), we aren't detached from materialistic desires, we aren't enlightened souls. We are greedy, selfish and have a whole range of negative emotions that will always hinder our search for the true meaning of life.

Either Rahul will destroy our WC chances as a lesson to Indians about life and our dharmic root system...basically not to fret over these small things. Or he may choose to help us win the cup to satisfy our cravings, a one time concession by a Guru to his followers almost like a treat, lest they find the long drawn exercise of spiritual cleansing boring resulting in loss of motivation.

So no matter what what the result, KLR is doing his best to benefit the decadent Indian society. To me he is already the MOS before a ball is bowled. As a humble devotee I will take either of the 2 scenarios with utmost humility, knowing full well that Guru knows me better than I know myself. 

Image result for charizard

Edited by Gollum
27 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Some may pray that KL doesn't do to the World Cup Trophy what Drogon did to the Iron Throne:fear1:

31ks9b.gif

KLR completely understands that our real enemy is the Cup, that is the source of our unhappiness, tension, worries, anger etc. Rahul is above these earthly matters, knowing full well that cricket is meant to be enjoyed and not part of a rat race to win some damn trophy that comes every 4 years.

But for mere mortal fans that cup hold some value (myself included), we aren't detached from materialistic desires, we aren't enlightened souls. We are greedy, selfish and have a whole range of negative emotions that will always hinder our search for the true meaning of life.

Either Rahul will destroy our WC chances as a lesson to Indians about life and our dharmic root system. Or he may choose to help us win the cup to satisfy our cravings, a one time concession by a Guru to his followers almost like a treat, lest they find the long drawn exercise of spiritual cleansing boring resulting in loss of motivation.

So no matter what what the result, KLR is doing his best to benefit the decadent Indian society. To me he is already the MOS before a ball is bowled. As a humble devotee I will take either of the 2 scenarios with utmost humility, knowing full well that Guru knows me better than I know myself. 

Image result for charizard

images_1558499859374.jpeg.9104cb17997c67e5a1f8848512b3a544.jpeg

No matter what Kohli says about not needing warm ups in England and IPL being enough, he is wrong. It would have eliminated a lot of questions if we had warm ups. For the Pakistani it was no good, they replaced dead wood with more dead wood. But for us it would have helped a lot.

We may have seen Shankar fail at number 4, maybe Rahul would have done a good job. Perhaps we would realise we need fire power and put Pant into the team. I'm upset BCCI didn't use their brains here. We will play a consistent team in the first 2 games and then Kohli will change if there was any failure which I agree with. I think he'll go with the team you chose.

We have zero idea about Rahul at 4 since he's only played a few games (as everyone failed in this position so no one got many games). Doesn't matter what he did in T20 or tests, totally different, he's a natural opener but talented to adapt. If he fails at 4 I would use him like a T20 player with Pandya down the innings, he has a very good SR so come in at 6. In that case I would put Dhoni at 4. Jadhav 5. Dhoni got to take more responsibility if world cup is on the line and experiments failing. 

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo
11 minutes ago, maniac said:

No wonder you work in Bollywood with that attention span and comprehension issues. Please go back and read what I wrote 

probably u need to start with putting right headline and is it necessary to get my profession in every time . Since u had everybody here in confusion that clearly suggest where the problem lies- in ur headline. Ill give u a better one - " KL shud be backed by TM for no.4 Slot" 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

Seriusoly?? Rahul might not get a game if Shankar plays well.

Yes. TM has a history of screw ups and boneheaded decisions.

However Rahul has a history and capability  of playing long innings in the other 2 formats, Shankar doesn’t. 

No.4 position is going to be the backbone of our side with a weak and inconsistent middle order.

So that makes Rahul performing absolutely mandatory

Edited by maniac
10 hours ago, Norman said:

images_1558499859374.jpeg.9104cb17997c67e5a1f8848512b3a544.jpeg

What is there not to understand?

Summary: Rahul is already MOS, and no matter what he does in the tournament it is for a greater purpose which will benefit cricket, Indian society, humanity. 

Shorter Summary: Who are we to question him?

7 minutes ago, Kothili said:

If he fails at the WC, surely curtains for him and Biryani will be back in a flash.

What was brat thinking when he didn't give KLR 3 consecutive chances in the team? 13 odd ODIs in the last 4 years :facepalm:

Rahane, Rayudu, Pandey, Yuvraj, Raina have played cumulative >100 matches at #4 in the same time frame and none of them are in the squad.

Edited by Gollum