This cow related madness has to stop RIGHT NOW

Gollum

Ahmedabad woman covers white sedan with cow dung to beat the heat.

Woman covers car with cow dung

What next? Cover oneself in gobar to beat the heat wave? This new cow related obsession is making India a laughing stock in front of the world. Even letting aside what others think why are these people acting so stupid and propagating medieval era gibberish? This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Soon to be Bhopal MP's words of wisdom:

Cow urine cured my breast cancer: Sadhvi Pragya

Sadhvi Pragya’s doctor debunks claim of cow urine curing her cancer, says she had surgeries

Shouldn't these moronic people (esp the ones with mass following) be made answerable for their stupidity?

Then we have some psychos proposing eating gobar for health reasons.

Cow dung, urine can cure cancer: BJP MP Shankarbhai Vegad

Not to forget this monstrosity which became viral worldwide.

Can't believe we are indulging in this nonsense in 2019, and many influential leaders are encouraging this madness. Why can't these crazy topics leave our health discourse? Is public health/medicine a joke for our law makers?

Plenty of stores in India now openly selling gomutra :facepalm:and many of them aren't some local unknown products, companies like Patanjali are actively marketing them with bogus claims. Can't they be taken to consumer court?

If they continue this charade in NDA-2 they deserve brickbats. Priorities of these mofos !!!

I am of course totally in favor of legalizing bovine slaughter throughout India (meaning no extra love for these animals) but this isn't about that. This is about our society losing its marbles and abandoning rationality, instead following asinine superstitions and pseudoscience.

Leave the cows alone FFS, on one hand these nutjobs call cow their mother and then proceed to consume its excreta. Revolting !!!

Edited by Gollum

Gau rakshaks beat two for carrying beef in MP; police arrest victims too

The group of five 'gau rakshaks' also allegedly forced one of the victims to beat up a woman accompanying them with chappals, a police officer said.

Now in MP. Even Congress is following this madness. Why so much interest regarding what people eat? 

Congress ho ya BJP, they have no interest in solving this problem. BJP of course deserves special blame for creating this frenzy in the first place. This is barbarism, this is total collapse of law and order, this is extremism. This is what a society gets when a Union Minister garlands cow lynchers.

Shame on BJP, shame on Congress, shame on Indian society for not agitating to stop this menace. Special F U to the bastards who were involved in this violent act.

This is New India but an India I don't want to be a part of. Will we see any steps by all govts in India to stop this? This cancer is concentrated in certain pockets of India, maybe learn from states like TN, Kerala, Goa?

Edited by Gollum

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Gau rakshaks beat two for carrying beef in MP; police arrest victims too

The group of five 'gau rakshaks' also allegedly forced one of the victims to beat up a woman accompanying them with chappals, a police officer said.

Now in MP. Even Congress is following this madness. Why so much interest regarding what people eat? 

Congress ho ya BJP, they have no interest in solving this problem. BJP of course deserves special blame for creating this frenzy in the first place. This is barbarism, this is total collapse of law and order, this is extremism. This is what a society gets when a Union Minister garlands cow lynchers.

Shame on BJP, shame on Congress, shame on Indian society for not agitating to stop this menace. Special F U to the bastards who were involved in this violent act.

This is New India but an India I don't want to be a part of. Will we see any steps by all govts in India to stop this? This cancer is concentrated in certain pockets of India, maybe learn from states like TN, Kerala, Goa?

It's instances like these why BJP got the whole bad image in the first place. The whole "fascist" cum "cow lynching" tag came because of this. Even in the south, it's incidents like this why BJP hasn't made in roads in TN. BJP is to blame for not dealing with the issue, and giving over stress and importance to Cows. I mean Cow ambulance in UP? Seriously? There aren't even enough human ambulances for god sake. Hopefully in this term , they address these things and focus on more important issues.

16 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

It's instances like these why BJP got the whole bad image in the first place. The whole "fascist" cum "cow lynching" tag came because of this. Even in the south, it's incidents like this why BJP hasn't made in roads in TN. BJP is to blame for not dealing with the issue, and giving over stress and importance to Cows. I mean Cow ambulance in UP? Seriously? There aren't even enough human ambulances for god sake. Hopefully in this term , they address these things and focus on more important issues.

I support BJP but can't tolerate this ****. They deserve brickbats for all the crimes they have committed. Which sane govt checks fridges, monitors food consumption? These people have destroyed the leather industry, destroyed employment opportunities of Muslims/Dalits who have been in this job for centuries. *ers can't create jobs but are happy to snatch them away. I am veggie, have no problem with what others eat, why should I? I don't subscribe to the notion that cow is holy and buffalo/bull are ok to be slaughtered. And then there is the economics, stray cattle problem, farmer woes. * BJP, * Modi. 

Edited by Gollum

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I support BJP but can't tolerate this ****. They deserve brickbats for all the crimes they have committed. Which sane govt checks fridges, monitors food consumption? These people have destroyed the leather industry, destroyed employment opportunities of Muslims/Dalits who have been in this job for centuries. *ers can't create jobs but are happy to snatch them away. I am veggie, have no problem with what others eat, why should I? I don't subscribe to the notion that cow is holy and buffalo/bull are ok to be slaughtered? And then there is the economics, stray cattle problem, farmer woes. * BJP, * Modi. 

I hope this is addressed. But I have a bunch that this won't be solved? BJP may as well put across the beef ban, and turn a blind eye to the cow lynching, and gau mutra, in order to respect hindu sentiments. I hope I'm wrong.

forget the idiotic gau rakshaks,farmers are in such distress because stray cattle which would otherwise be killed or used for leather have taken a major toll on their crops.I watched a interview of a farmer few months back when  a farmer was literally sleeping in his fields to protect his crops from stray cattle.

8 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

forget the idiotic gau rakshaks,farmers are in such distress because stray cattle which would otherwise be killed or used for leather have taken a major toll on their crops.I watched a interview of a farmer few months back when  a farmer was literally sleeping in his fields to protect his crops from stray cattle.

And what should poor dairy farmers do with old cows that have stopped giving milk? Or male counterparts which have lost utility in agriculture courtesy machinery? Earlier by selling them to butchers, leather industry at least they would get some money. Farmers getting screwed both ways. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

I support BJP but can't tolerate this ****. They deserve brickbats for all the crimes they have committed. Which sane govt checks fridges, monitors food consumption? These people have destroyed the leather industry, destroyed employment opportunities of Muslims/Dalits who have been in this job for centuries. *ers can't create jobs but are happy to snatch them away. I am veggie, have no problem with what others eat, why should I? I don't subscribe to the notion that cow is holy and buffalo/bull are ok to be slaughtered. And then there is the economics, stray cattle problem, farmer woes. * BJP, * Modi. 

Doesn't matter whether you subscribe to that fact or not. Majority Hindus  do and  You don't have any rights to offend majority Hindus consider cow holy. Even our constitution bans cow slaughter. Only in India, people don't need to respect the belief of majority religion. They can be taken for a ride. Law should be equal for everyone. 

Edited by rkt.india

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

How can you reign something that don't exist? 

Really...gaurakshaks are now the gundas used to take over empty land or abandoned houses/ sarkari building in the name of cow shelters.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But there is no such entity like Gau rakshak but just random people who are doing these things. 

Random people doing this in the name of saving cows are called gau rakshaks.

Gisko koi kaam nahi...ban jao gau ka rakshak.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Doesn't matter whether you subscribe to that fact or not. Majority Hindus  do and  You don't have any rights to offend majority Hindus consider cow holy.

Then never complain about blasphemy laws in Muslim countries. Majority Indians also don't support gay sex, should we start throwing them gays from clifftops? Country doesn't run based on what majority wants, there are fundamental rights and legal safeguards. Just because majority speak Hindi, doesn't mean you will enforce on all. Majority acts in a certain way, let them, why enforce conformity? Next they will tell tribals to get rid of local Gods and everyone should worship only Ram.

Btw even Dalits and adivasis are Hindu, upper caste Hindus can't speak for all Hindus. In Una we saw how the Dalit youth were beaten up for skinning dead cattle. It's funny the upper castes want to enforce such things because they aren't economically affected, but they won't contribute towards building gaushalas or disposing dead cattle, the lowly Dalits have to clean up the mess of the privileged people. 

Even our constitution bans cow slaughter.

No it doesn't. 

Edited by Gollum