Respect to Bengalis (and updates post the election result)

Gollum

9 hours ago, vice said:

So let’s sum up this delusional talk of Bengalis considering to be ‘superior’

Sati – denounced  three centuries earlier in another region i.e Punjab while the ‘Bengalis were happy getting rich by paying the most taxes to their Mughal/Muslim masters.

Denounced but happened. Nobody cares about denouncing and lip service. It was a Bengali who ACTUALLY GOT IT BANNED AND GOT THE JOB DONE. Thank a Bong that your grannies are not burning at the pyres anymore. 

9 hours ago, vice said:

Nobel Prizes – Tamils and Punjabis have more yet Bengalis keep harping about Nobel Prizes.  Tamils have excelled further in Math,etc

LOL.

We have more nobel nominations in Science than any other group as well. Too bad ours came when no non-white ever won a nobel. As for math, the two most prominent mathematicians from India in the last 150 years are Ramanujan and Mohalanobis. 

9 hours ago, vice said:

Bengalis, the earliest to be colonized (by 100 years or so earlier than other regions) by the British and with it getting the infrastructure for research via universities. Sure Bengalis deserve credit for scientific discoveries in this era but a lot due to the foundation laid out by the British.

False. Madras was the first de-facto colony. 

9 hours ago, vice said:

Prominent faculties of education in Indian history include other regions such as Nalanda in Bihar and Taxila in Punjab.

You only know of Nalanda and Taxila eh ? There is Mahasthangarh, Paharpur, Vikramshila, Odantipuri and half a dozen others. Bihar lead the way in # of universities, closely followed by Bengal and both these regions individually had more universities in them than rest of India put together. 

9 hours ago, vice said:

Prostrated cowardly to a dozen men on horses. One of the most cowardice acts in Indian history and this is called ‘smart’ by the resident Bengali. But hey, we the Bengalis paid the most taxes to our masters i.e the Mughals/Muslims and we were content when in fact it’s equivalent to ‘nike sweat shops’ yielding the most GDP.

We were still RICHER THAN REST OF INDIA. And as i said, its better to prostate yourself before superior invaders than resist like a fool and get your women raped and children enslaved. Nobody cares about pride and valor if it gets your people killed and raped. 

26 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Top Post this :hatsoff:& your other posts as well....you tell it like it is...Respect 

Too bad your guru amardas just paid lip service to sati and couldn't get the job done and required a Bong to get the job done. 

@Muloghonto Have to disagree with some of your views like prostrating before invaders (honestly the capitulation to invaders was disgraceful, Lakshmana Sena against 22 horsemen of Bakhtiyar Khilji is the gold standard of cowardice) or Mahalanobis in the same sentence as Ramanujan, gulf is too wide and the real competition for the latter are the Abels, Eulers and Fermats. 

However the hate towards Bongs here is :facepalm:all this talk about lack of contribution is so shallow. Aren't they aware of the Bengal renaissance? Satyendranath Bose, Jagdish Chandra Bose may not have won Nobels but does it tarnish their greatness? In a fairer world JC Bose would enjoy the status Marconi enjoys today. If we move to social reforms, contribution towards freedom struggle (unparalleled), economics, culture, religion, literature, philosophy, arts etc no other province/society/community comes close to the Bengal of 18th-20th century. I have many complaints about current era Bengalis and the politics of the state, decline, demographic invasion etc. However there is no denying that the intelligentsia Bengal threw up for a good 200 years (came when we were down in the dumps with no light at the end of the tunnel) has been a beacon of light for all modern age Indians. 

Have made my thoughts known in another thread, copying the same here. Can't type the same stuff again and again, if people are too thick or hateful, not my problem. 

I have no bias, just speaking facts. Majority of our world class intelligentsia are from these 2 states...look at our cultural icons, social reformers, intellectuals, poets, writers, religious thinkers, mathematicians, scientists, Nobel laureates, Abel Laureate, chess masters etc, you will find that these 2 states are disproportionately represented, Bengal even more than TN. Read about the Bengal renaissance which awakened Indian society when we were in the dark ages----> in a span of 70-80 years they produced the likes of Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Vidyasagar, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Lalon Fakir, Tagores (father and son and a few other illustrious relatives), Aurobindo, JC Basu, Satyendranath Bose, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Bankim Chandra, Mahalanobis, Keshab Chandra Sen, Bipin Chandra Pal, M.N Roy, Begum Rokeya, Michael Madhusudhan Dutt, Satyajit Ray, Yogananada, Amartya Sen and a 100 others !!!! Which other state has had 100s of such great people born in such a short time, no exaggeration to say that Bengal almost single handedly lifted Indian society from the nadir, gave it direction and inspiration and was the energy behind our freedom struggle. No other group has contributed more to our freedom struggle than this one group (Next time you go to Andaman spend some time in Cellular jail, you will understand). 

Similarly Tamil Nadu has contributed heavily in this department, our greatest modern era mathematicians and scientists are from this region. Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan (only Asian Abel Laureate, highest maths honour which is a mind boggling feat!!!) and many others. Even the 15th world chess champion and the only one apart from Bobby Fischer who had to break Soviet hegemony to get the crown is from here. In fact look at the chess masters of India and a huge chunk are from TN and Bengal, only recently have Andhra and Maharashtra made significant strides. I rate TN below Bengal because the latter comfortably surpasses the former in the cultural sphere.

I am not ignoring contribution of others, I also said both these states are declining. Bengal has exhausted its quota, TN too is showing decadence...so may be in the coming years other states will pick up in this department. But I doubt even if they make progress they can equal Bengal of old. I am very much on record that Punjabis are the backbone of our army and Mumbaikars are our cricket supply chain...does this mean I am ignoring contributions of others? Or if I say Bhiwani is our boxing capital, does it mean I refuse to acknowledge Mary Kom? 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

I liked the post of @vice and I replied to it. I appreciate good posts...why are you bothered or concerned about my reply to another poster on ICF. I have ZERO respect for you since you are not a credible person.

says the chump who wants to 'meet people in person to solve out issues' and then refuses being legally on camera for it. Goonda saala.

In anycase, i can respond to whomever i wish, however i wish. Your terrorist supporting a$$ can whine as much as you wish. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

@Muloghonto Have to disagree with some of your views like prostrating before invaders (honestly the capitulation to invaders was disgraceful, Lakshmana Sena against 22 horsemen of Bakhtiyar Khilji is the gold standard of cowardice) or Mahalanobis in the same sentence as Ramanujan, gulf is too wide and the real competition for the latter are the Abels, Eulers and Fermats. 

Nobody who know science or math will deny that Ramanujan is one of the greatest mathematicians ever seen by mankind and the clear-cut #1 of modern India ( i say modern India, because Brahmagupta/Bhaskara, at least by their revolutionary works, might've been in the same class too). However, it does not change the fact that Mahalanobis is ALSO one of the top 100 or so mathematicians produced in the last century and has left his indelible mark on mathematics. Just like Ramanujan is the clear-cut gold standard of modern Indian mathematician, Mahalanobis is the clear-cut silver medallist in this 'race'. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

However the hate towards Bongs here is :facepalm:all this talk about lack of contribution is so shallow. Aren't they aware of the Bengal renaissance? Satyendranath Bose, Jagdish Chandra Bose may not have won Nobels but does it tarnish their greatness? In a fairer world JC Bose would enjoy the status Marconi enjoys today. If we move to social reforms, contribution towards freedom struggle (unparalleled), economics, culture, religion, literature, philosophy, arts etc no other province/society/community comes close to the Bengal of 18th-20th century. I have many complaints about current era Bengalis and the politics of the state, decline, demographic invasion etc. However there is no denying that the intelligentsia Bengal threw up for a good 200 years (came when we were down in the dumps with no light at the end of the tunnel) has been a beacon of light for all modern age Indians. 

Let these bewakoofs expose their bewakoofi. Punjabi, Tamil etc. nobels in science have come only after 1960. Prior to that, ALL nobels are won by white people and that too, 99.9% cases by white males who beat out a lot of deserving white females just due to the reeti-rewaaj in the pre-60s era. 

If the likes of JC Bose & S Bose were 50 years younger, they'd have been shoo-ins for nobels, having co-discovered the wireless transmitter and correcting TSR of Einstien. 

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

LOL.

We have more nobel nominations in Science than any other group as well. Too bad ours came when no non-white ever won a nobel. As for math, the two most prominent mathematicians from India in the last 150 years are Ramanujan and Mohalanobis. 

Go learn a little about Math history first. 

Nominations are mere nominations.  There are tons of nominations. Clutching at straws here really.  At the end of the day, Tamils and Punjabis outnumber Bengalis as far as Nobel Prizes are concerned. Tamils are easily superior than Bengalis in Maths. 

Again, it comes down to the infrastructure and research brought in by the British.  And the British invested heavily in Bengal than any other region in India.  The colonialism is there to see the most in Bengal from tram trains to cricket grounds built and named by the white men.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, Muloghonto said:

The British brought the laws due to the activism of RRR. Being against it is all fine and dandy, but what matters is who stopped it- and it was RRR who stopped it. 

Denounced but happened. Nobody cares about denouncing and lip service. It was a Bengali who ACTUALLY GOT IT BANNED AND GOT THE JOB DONE. Thank a Bong that your grannies are not burning at the pyres anymore.

Too bad your guru amardas just paid lip service to sati and couldn't get the job done and required a Bong to get the job done. 

Wrong!! The matter of the fact is that there was enlightenment 3 centuries earlier in Punjab regarding Sati. Portugese had banned Sati in Goa in the 16th century.  So Bengal doesn’t get the first dips on this I’m afraid.  And it wasn’t just RRR, there were Christian missionaries as well who campaigned against Sati.  It was the 19th century so obviously the world was fast changing and in the end, the final verdict was handed down by the British who had mass control of India.  Even the ban didn’t stop Sati for a long time. Let me use your phrase “johnny come lately” for Bengal.  Nice try!!  If anything, the British enforcement phased out Sati as many had already campaigned against Sati 3 centuries earlier.

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

You only know of Nalanda and Taxila eh ? There is Mahasthangarh, Paharpur, Vikramshila, Odantipuri and half a dozen others. Bihar lead the way in # of universities, closely followed by Bengal and both these regions individually had more universities in them than rest of India put together. 

Completely missed the point?  Point was other regions had educational faculties, not just Bengal.  Taxila is one of the oldest, if not the oldest. And Bihar tops Bengal in number of universities as well.    The point is that the British, while robbing India, provided the educational infrastructure.  The rise of Bengali science coincides with the British investing heavily into the region in one way or another.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, Muloghonto said:

We were still RICHER THAN REST OF INDIA. And as i said, its better to prostate yourself before superior invaders than resist like a fool and get your women raped and children enslaved. Nobody cares about pride and valor if it gets your people killed and raped. 

Nice way to describe your cowardice and taking pride in being subservient.

How many times and different ways do you want it to be repeated before you get it?  Paying the most taxes by being the most subservient to the Mughals/British doesn’t make the locals the richest. Mughals/British invested the most in Bengal to produce high yields.  The market makers were the Mughals/British and the local Bengalis were merely the tools to meet their yield requirements.  It’s like you jumping up and down with pride because your whore house paid the most taxes.

It’s a simple fact the British/Mughals invested the most in Bengal and whored it out to the maximum.  With it came some benefits to the locals as well like the educational infrastructure that the British brought.

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

Actually, the lack of awareness of other communities' contributions is what's the shallow part

There is not hate for Bengalis here. Just showing the alternate perspective to you delusional Bengalis. Here we go again.  The matter of the fact is  Bengal was one of the first regions to be colonized by the British and they invested heavily into the region than any other region in India.  So along with it came infrastructure for education/research.  Just look at Bengalis crying in this thread about being ignored by Congress as the reason for its decline.  So let me repeat, so when the British invested the most in Bengal, obviously the region reaped rewards. 

All this talk by you Bengalis about Bengal being the ‘beacon’ /being unparalled is utter rubbish and delusional superiority complex.   Saying when the rest of India was in its ‘nadir/in the dumps’… Well there’s a world beyond Bengal region.  Several other kingdoms had not even colonized by the British and were actually enjoying its golden years.  Many other communities have easily garnered excellence in literature, religious enlightenment, culture, arts,music,etc. …Bengalis are not the only one. Go learn some history about others.

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

If we move to social reforms, contribution towards freedom struggle (unparalleled)

Coming to the ‘freedom struggle’, all Bengalis keep talking about is the list at Kaala Paani. Yes, kudos to them. However, merely just talking about how Bengalis outnumbered the rest of Indians is the real shallow part. 

A few points from the top of my head:

1) Well, up til the 1930s, the Punjabis actually had DOUBLE the sacrifices than Bengalis according to the listings at Kaala Paani.    

2) Add in another source, documentation which claimed that “Out of 121 patriots hanged 93 were Sikhs. Of the 2626 awarded life-imprisonment 2147 were Sikhs”    Now basically substitute Sikhs for Punjabis.

3)More than 65% of INA comprised of  Punjabis.  Add in Tamils, Marathis, etc

4) Throw in Gandhi i.e the Gujaratis, Marathis, Tamils, etc for their contributions to the freedom struggle. Like I stated before, go learn about the history and contributions of others.  

9 hours ago, vice said:

Hopefully, gives you Bengalis a different perspective than your tunnel syndrome perspective.

Anyways, I joined this forum for the world cup. Not this bickering.

That's the way to go. I am emotionally spent after the election and would rather focus on cricket and other sports for the next few months. My bickering quota for 2019 is already over.

Welcome to the forum :icflove:, do feel free to introduce yourself for the benefit of others, here's the thread.

PS: I am not a Bengali, was born and brought up there....but yeah don't mind if I am mistaken as Bong because I identify myself with the state's culture. 

On 6/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, vice said:

Go learn a little about Math history first. 

Nominations are mere nominations.  There are tons of nominations. Clutching at straws here really. 

Learn history first. We got nominated in an era when no non-white won the nobel and were robbed of at least two. If you think in today's world a co-inventor of wireless or an atomic particle is not worthy of nobel, you are just a fool.

Again, it comes down to the infrastructure and research brought in by the British. 

Nonsense. same infa existed in Chennai too. It comes down to the fact that we applied ourselves to the modern world before any other group of Indians did. 

The colonialism is there to see the most in Bengal from tram trains to cricket grounds built and named by the white men.

Same goes for all major cities of India, bud.