Respect to Bengalis (and updates post the election result)

Gollum

Massive massive respect, I bow down to thee :adore:. The story of this election, up against a tyrant and 7 phases of polling which saw violence, intimidation, booth capturing, exodus threats, biased state machinery etc. Bengali Hindus have finally woken up and the courage they exhibited is inspiring. Special shout out to the BJP karyakartas, so many people have paid with their lives, honour their sacrifices:hatsoff:.  

I have a special attachment to the state and the result yesterday was the happiest election related day of my life, more than 2014. I never thought this would be possible but the brave Bengalis have shown the way. Considering the odds stacked against them, this was a miracle. 18/42 seats and 40% voteshare !!!! Hope this is a sign of things to come and Bengal moves in a way to fulfill Dr. BC Roy's vision.

Too long have the people suffered and underachieved, about time Bengal takes its rightful place in India's growth story. They led our decaying society to light during Bengal renaissance, they led the freedom struggle, time to be the new engine behind New India.

All Bengalis and BJP supporters on ICF, hip hip hurray!!!

Me veggie, so biased :p: but something there for everyone....

Image result for luchi aloo

Image result for aloo posto

Image result for kolkata biryani

Image result for aloo potol

Image result for Ilish Macher JholImage result for Begun Bhaja

Image result for Kosha MangshoImage result for rasagullaImage result for malai chom chomImage result for labanga latikaImage result for mishti doi

Edited by Gollum

Need to be very careful in letting Hindi culture in Bengal. Mamata needs to go and industrialization needs to be welcomed. But any attempts to bring Hinduvta or Hindi belt culture into Bengal should be thrawted and BJP will no doubt be chucked away if they try that. The virulent attempts by BJP to spread communal hatred and Hindi in Bengal should be rejected but their development agenda should be welcomed. Should definitely be given a chance

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Candle light dinner se kya hoga? Are they helping their families financially? 

More and more voices being raised about this, including by BJP MPs. But I do think more is being done by Hindu orgs and RW groups to help the victims these days. When Ramalingam was murdered by Islamists for resisting forced conversion of Dalits, RW raised Rs 35 lakhs for his family within 2 days. Likewise when some RSS, BJP cadre have been murdered, money has been raised by crowdfunding (can speak for Karnataka here cos I followed the developments more closely). No standardized process till now and the amount raised depends on publicity of the case. Agree, BJP has to do more. PM also must raise it in his speeches, he can't be ungrateful when so much blood is being spilt for his party by ground workers. 

West Bengal: BJP worker shot dead in North 24 Parganas

Chandan Shaw, 24, was shot dead by unidentified assailants last night while he was driving a two-wheeler. Earlier, the convoy of state minister Binay Krishna Burman was also attacked.

Another one :((

D7jgoToXkAAd_QL.jpg

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

BJP worker chanting Jai Shri Ram gets stabbed to death in Bengal's Ketugram

Is this India or Afghanistan?

Time for President's rule now. 

Actually as a Bong, i'd say PR would be counterproductive now. Yes, these criminals should be prosecuted and brought to justice and these political killings are a huge stain on Bengal and the nation.

However, imposing PR right now gives Jihadididi a foot back in the door - she will have good chance of tapping into the 'Bengal has been historically overlooked and trampled upon politically & socially by India' angle, most of which is true and will undo a lot of hard work the BJP has done in the state. Best would be for BJP to dip into its pockets and provide security guards for the BJP karyakartaas till the next LA elections. Didi will be done. In wrestling terms, the game is almost over - BJP has didi in a chokehold, she cannot break-out and is flailing, hitting the nuts, trying to pull out the opponent's hair etc. but all we got to do, is maintain the choke hold a bit longer and she's done.