10 Players to look out for from each team playing their first WC

India- Hardik Pandya- comes with a huge reputation as a game changer. IPL hitting has done no harm to his reputation. Could be the MVP for the side if he clicks. Picked him ahead of Rahul and Kuldeep

England- Jofra Archer- he was literally hastened into the side due to the xfactor he brings. Gave us glimpses of that in the IPL.

Australia- Usman Khawaja- One of the fastest rising batting stars in World cricket. Consistent and has been a mainstay of the Aussie batting in recent times after the ban of Smith and Warner.

South Africa- K.Rabada- one of the most exciting fast bowlers in the world. Incredible athlete.

New Zealand- L.Ferguson. Adds that dimension to the New Zealand side with his raw pace. Picked him ahead of Colin Munro.

Pakistan- Shadab Khan. A very good utility cricketer. Can bat and the best fielder in his side not known for their fielding. His bowling was the difference in their Ct triumph. Picked him ahead of Hassan Ali

Srilanka- Kusal Mendis - not to be confused with Kusal Parera who played one of the greatest test knocks of all time. Apparently that guy played in the 2015 WC. Going with this guy who played that stellar knock against India in CT 2017.

Afghanistan- Rashid Khan- has the reputation as one of the best spinners in the world in the LOI format. Is a box office in every T20 league in the world. Will he shine in the WC in this format will have to be seen.

Westindies- Shimron Hetmeyer. Burst onto the scene with some amazing hitting. Had a dud IPL but with these pitches in England, might hurt a team or 2. Picking him over Oshane Thomas

Mustafizur Rehman- made an immediate impact in his debut year but just like his nickname has fizzled out since then. Will he find his Mojo back as he will be a key member of his side which has a pretty solid batting line up that can compete with the big boys.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Pakistan- Shadab Khan. A very good utility cricketer. Can bat and the best fielder in his side not known for their fielding. His bowling was the difference in their Ct triumph. Picked him ahead of Hassan Ali

Afghanistan- Rashid Khan- has the reputation as one of the best spinners in the world in the LOI format. Is a box office in every T20 league in the world. Will he shine in the WC in this format will have to be seen.

Mustafizur Rehman- made an immediate impact in his debut year but just like his nickname has fizzled out since then. Will he find his Mojo back as he will be a key member of his side which has a pretty solid batting line up that can compete with the big boys.

Agree with the rest but for me I would choose three different players for the following teams:

Pakistan - Fakar Zaman - in this type of pitches, if he gets settled down, he can be brutal!

Afghanistan - Mujeeb ur Rahman - Everone will be busy playing rashind accordingly. Mujeeb might end up being the highest wicket taker for Afg.

Bangladesh - Liton Das - His 100 in asia cup was quite brutal. He was in form during the ire tri-series Might see some good batting from him in this tournament

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You are such a hypocrite

I also picked Kusal Mendis and Mustafizur Rehman because the caveat was first WC.

And on paper who is going to be the game changer. I repeat “on paper”.

Dont worry man, I am not a threat, you can continue “karte rehna” with strawberries and Dhokla with Pandya.

NZ: Lockie Ferguson. Much better than anyone in their team who's playing their first WC. Especially tulla Munro and dalla Grandhomme (If he's in squad).

Australia: Stoinis. Can play Bevan role for this Australian side. Would have chosen Richardson but he got injured.

SA: Rassie. Would have chosen Nortje but got injured. Rassie is very clutch player and seems like a difficult player to get out.

Pakistan: Babar Azam. Tough choice between him and Imam but he's a bit more experienced thats why I chose him.

Afghanistan: Rashid Khan. Superstar, No more words.

England: Rashid. I think he can be the difference if England goes on to win the Cup because he can take wickets in crucial time.

SL: Don't care about them at all but they've invested in Dhananjya maybe he can perform well in few matches.

Bangladesh: Liton because I think he will be really important up the order for the Desh.

India: Bumrah. He can hide India's blushes through his bowling.

WI: Shai Hope. Clutch player and better than overrated Hetmyer

2 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

WI: Shai Hope. Clutch player and better than overrated Hetmyer

This. Everyone is obsessed with Dre Russ and Hetmyer but  Hope will walk away as WI top scorer. The guy has the potential to be an ATG. 

Edited by Norman
18 minutes ago, Norman said:

This. Everyone is obsessed with Dre Russ and Hetmyer but  Hope will walk away as WI top scorer. The guy has the potential to be an ATG. 

Hope is like Babar Azam at best or current day MSD. They will save their team from embarrassment and get them to respectable totals or give bowlers something to bowl at in dire situations.Guys like Russell and Hetmeyer if they fire can win matches on their own.

Edited by maniac
22 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hope is like Babar Azam at best or current day MSD. They will save their team from embarrassment and get them to respectable totals or give bowlers something to bowl at in dire situations.Guys like Russell and Hetmeyer if they fire can win matches on their own.

Hope is a lot more dynamic than Babar Azam. Always tries to operate at a 100 SR, a bit like Kohli. And on a 350 wicket, he can be lethal with his stroke play unlike Babar.

AndndMSD of now just cannot be compared to Shai Hope. Huge gulf in quality.