Nothing to worry,’ Ravindra Jadeja defends batsmen after poor show

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/icc-world-cup-2019-nothing-to-worry-ravindra-jadeja-defends-batsmen-after-poor-show/story-gr6JjGBm4Gk2s5rDwd93BM.html

“This is our first game, it is just one game and we can’t judge players on one bad innings, one bad match. So nothing to worry as a batting unit,” Jadeja told reporters at the post-match press conference.

“It is always difficult in England, you are coming from India, where you play in flat wicket ... we still have time to work on it. There is nothing to worry, just keep playing good cricket.

“As a batting unit we will work harder on our batting skills, everyone has a lot of experience, so nothing to worry.” Jadeja hoped India will get better wickets to bat during the World Cup.

“It was typical English conditions, wicket was soft initially but it got better as day progressed. We hope we don’t get this much amount of grass and get a better wicket to bat in the World cup,” he said.

Asked about India’s decision to bat first, Jadeja said: “We knew there will be seaming conditions, so we decided to bat to face tough conditions because if we bat in such conditions it will be easy for batsmen in actual matches. We took it as a challenge. We will do well, we have no doubt.” Jadeja said he will look to play his natural game and not put himself under pressure during the showpiece event.

“Everywhere I play, I will continue doing what I do. I will not put pressure on myself thinking about the world cup, will try to keep it simple,” he said.

Jadeja blasted 54 off 50 balls studded with six fours and two sixes.

Talking about his innings, Jadeja said: “I had a lot of time, there were lot of overs. So I was talking to myself to not get the shot selection wrong. There was no rush. I knew if I can clear the initial overs, it will be helpful for me and that is what happened,” he said.

“I was working on my batting during IPL. Whenever I get a chance, I go to the nets and work on technique and shot selection.”

50 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Main Hoon Na is what he was singing. 

I hope our recent Aus series wasn't a trailer of WC performances :dong:

I thought we did well in the recent Aus series. Rohit and dhawan won't last long if there is the slightest hint of swing when batting first. That and kohli has a knack of losing toss.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I thought we did well in the recent Aus series. Rohit and dhawan won't last long if there is the slightest hint of swing when batting first. That and kohli has a knack of losing toss.

The more recent odi series.

59 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Virat tried to be unnecessarily over smart .knowing very well most batsmens are FTB now a days y we batted first,atleast our ftbs have got more time to spend on crease had we batted second.

Exactly CT final, two matches in NZ, Deepak chahar in the IPL. We know Rohit can't play swing. What is there to test lol 

1 hour ago, bahubali said:

Virat tried to be unnecessarily over smart .knowing very well most batsmens are FTB now a days y we batted first,atleast our ftbs have got more time to spend on crease had we batted second.

Ind batted first to account for the scenario where it would lose the toss and be asked to bat first in such conditions. Unless the assumption is that guys like Rohit should not be playing in such conditions. If FTBs are expected to play irrespective of conditions, they need to prepare themselves to bat in tough conditions too. The team is used to batting on flat surfaces 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Ind batted first to account for the scenario where it would lose the toss and be asked to bat first in such conditions. Unless the assumption is that guys like Rohit should not be playing in such conditions. If FTBs are expected to play irrespective of conditions, they need to prepare themselves to bat in tough conditions too. The team is used to batting on flat surfaces 

And how many matches it is required to accrpt that none of our biletral king can play swing .