Kohli vs Root vs Smith vs Williamson - Performance tab for WC 19'

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sachin twice, Dravid once :hatsoff:(3 consecutive WCs :adore:)

Majid Khan 0 :((

Surely one of these 4 will top the charts. Unless a wildcard enters the picture. I think Kohli, Root are favorites while Smith has max probability of shining in SF/F. 

Martin Crowe was incredible. Strike rate of 90+ and average of 114 way back in 1992. Incredible even by today's standards.

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Among most run scorers (not counting Gordon greenidge from 40 years back), only Hayden in 2007 ended up winning the trophy.

Interesting. Teams would rather have multiple batsmen stepping up from time to time.

This is more of a comparison between these 4, not necessarily about being leading scorer in the WC. 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, rtmohanlal said:

Smith  is not the captain, AUS has already won the world cup 5 times with him in the team once, he has already been pushed to  0 level  thru the sand paper incident means very low pressure on him.If he fails people will say that the incident has affected  him mentally a lot and hence the result. Expectations of the Aussie public too is far different from  that  of India population with crores of  them placing huge expectations.So Smith can play with a completely blank mind with nothing to lose attitude.Hence I don't know  what you are trying to convey.   

You make some good points, but I believe there is pressure on Smith to do well in the wc, especially after the incident to justify his inclusion in the team. Also, we don't know how the public expectations of Aussies are. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Not sur one of these will end up as the highest run getter this WC - purely because the dynamics of the ODI batting has changed so much afetr the last WC. The best bat in the team is often not the highest scorer these days.

But the relative performance among the 4 should throw light on who's best when the pressure is on. I'd bet on either Smith or Kohli.

This is where Sachin shined. He had a phenomenal WC in 2003 and great ones in 1996 and 2011. Even in 1999 and 1992 he had average ones. The only one where he failed abjectly was 2007 but the whole team took an early exit there.

It is time for Kohli to step up on the biggest stage when it counts. He has already stamped his name as one of the greats in ODI, but he needs a WC 1986 Maradona like performance to take him to the top. He does not have that yet. 30 years old means he is in his prime as a batsman.