Kohli vs Root vs Smith vs Williamson - Performance tab for WC 19'

7 minutes ago, Ajju said:

My Bet on SMITH- Not in terms of runs but influence and quality of innings matter.

ROOT out of equation due to England pitches

now look into SMITH vs Kohli vs WIlliamson

Root is very well in the contention. Home pitches dont matter really when its gonna be flat and its the World Cup. 

Context always matters for me. Hence I can't go just by numbers alone. Of these 4 ,the man who is forced to cope with the utmost pressure is  Kohli simply because he carries the burden of expectations of crores of which there are thousands who are mere emotional  illiterates who would do anything if results don't come as expected.That's why I am eagerly looking forward to his performances in this world cup. He is not the same  rookie who played in the 2011 world cup.He is a super star now.Performance  in this world cup will go a long way  when it comes to one one comparison with Sachin.

Root comes next in line with the no: 1 team  he has .ENG fans will be expecting a lot from this team especially when  thinking that   ENG has never won world cup.So he would be carrying huge burden.

Williamson too is the captain of a very good team  who has never won world cup.

Smith is last in this regard for me. Not the captain, AUS has won the cup the most, nothing to lose  coming from being such humiliation.So he carries the least pressure.

59 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Context always matters for me. Hence I can't go just by numbers alone. Of these 4 ,the man who is forced to cope with the utmost pressure is  Kohli simply because he carries the burden of expectations of crores of which there are thousands who are mere emotional  illiterates who would do anything if results don't come as expected.That's why I am eagerly looking forward to his performances in this world cup. He is not the same  rookie who played in the 2011 world cup.He is a super star now.Performance  in this world cup will go a long way  when it comes to one one comparison with Sachin.

Root comes next in line with the no: 1 team  he has .ENG fans will be expecting a lot from this team especially when  thinking that   ENG has never won world cup.So he would be carrying huge burden.

Williamson too is the captain of a very good team  who has never won world cup.

Smith is last in this regard for me. Not the captain, AUS has won the cup the most, nothing to lose  coming from being such humiliation.So he carries the least pressure.

Disagree, I'd say Smith has the most pressure on him. His mental toughness is top notch with him being able to perform the way he has after everything that's happened. 

1 hour ago, Unstable Joe said:

Disagree, I'd say Smith has the most pressure on him. His mental toughness is top notch with him being able to perform the way he has after everything that's happened. 

Smith  is not the captain, AUS has already won the world cup 5 times with him in the team once, he has already been pushed to  0 level  thru the sand paper incident means very low pressure on him.If he fails people will say that the incident has affected  him mentally a lot and hence the result. Expectations of the Aussie public too is far different from  that  of India population with crores of  them placing huge expectations.So Smith can play with a completely blank mind with nothing to lose attitude.Hence I don't know  what you are trying to convey.   

1975 – Glenn Turner – 333 runs

In the inaugural eight-team edition, West Indies beat Australia in the final, but it was New Zealand’s Glenn Turner who topped the run-scoring list, scoring 333 runs in four matches. NZ were knocked out in the semi-finals by WI. Turner started the campaign is style hammering 171 off 201 balls against East Africa and then went on to score another century, this time against India (114) and finished the tournament with an average of 166.50.

1979 – Gordon Greenidge – 253 runs

West Indies second title came on the back solid all round performance and leading from the front with the bat was opener Gordon Greenidge, who scored 253 runs in four matches. His best of 138 not out came against India at Birmingham and he added two more 50s during the tournament.

1983 – David Gower – 384 runs

David Gower of England topped the run charts with 384 runs in seven matches scoring at an average of 76.80, and a rather surprising strike rate of 84.95, to keep the great Sir Vivan Richards in the second place (367). Sir Viv managed a strike rate of 81.19. Gower scored a hundred (130 against Sri Lanka off 120 balls) and made a 50 in the tournament. 

1987 – Graham Gooch – 471 runs

The veteran England batsman Graham Gooch made 471 runs in eight matches at an average of 58.87, leading England to the final, which they eventually lost to Australia. Gooch hit 45 boundaries throughout the tournament and made one hundred and three fifties. His best came against India when he scored 115 at the Wankhede Stadium, knocking the hosts out in the semi-final.  

1992 – Martin Crowe – 456 runs

The year New Zealand experimented with spin as an opening bowling option and sending in pinch hitters at the top of the order, it was the great Martin Crowe who stood tall with 456 runs in nine matches. But, he was injured for the semi-final against Pakistan as NZ succumbed to the then young batting sensation, Inzamam ul Haq. Crowe managed to score at an average of 114.00 and with a strike rate of 90.83. His best was 100 not out that came against Australia at Eden Park, Auckland and added four 50s to his tally.

1996 – Sachin Tendulkar – 523 runs

In 1996, Sachin Tendulkar became the first cricketer to breach the 500-run mark in the tournament. Tendulkar ended with 523 runs in seven matches at an average of 87.16 and strike rate of 85.87. He scored two hundreds and three 50s hitting  57 fours and seven sixes. His best came against Sri Lanka when he scored a run-a-ball 137 at the Feroz Shah Kotla.

1999 – Rahul Dravid – 461 runs

In one of the tougher conditions to bat in, Rahul Dravid’s class shone through as he scored 461 runs in eight matches at an average of 65.85 and strike-rate of 85.52. His highest score of 145 came against Sri Lanka at Taunton where he joined forces with Sourav Ganguly (183) to post a record second-wicket partnership of 318 runs. Dravid hit 49 fours throughout the tournament and scored three fifties.

2003 – Sachin Tendulkar – 673 runs

In 11 matches, Sachin Tendulkar amassed 673 runs at an average of 61.18 and a strike-rate of 89.25, which remains till date the most runs in a single edition of the tournament. India made it to the final, only to lose to Australia. Tendulkar his six 50s and one hundred in the tournament with his best 152 coming against Namibia.

2007 – Matthew Hayden – 659 runs

Australia’s Matthew Hayden was in marauding form in 2007 as Australia lifted the World Cup Trophy for the unprecedented third time in a row. Hayden made 659 runs in 10 matches in Carribean at an average of 73.22 and a strike-rate of 101.07. He hit three hundreds and one fifty in the tournament. His best of 158 came against West Indies.

2011 – Tillakaratne Dilshan – 500 runs

The year India won the title, finalist SRi Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan topped the run charts with 500 runs in nine matches, while Tendulkar made 482 runs in the same number of matches. Dilshan’s 500 came at an average of 62.50. His best of 144 came against Zimbabwe.

2015 – Martin Guptill – 547 runs  

Guptill become the first player in the history of the World Cup to score a double ton, hitting 237 not out against the West Indies and went on to make 547 runs in nine matches, leading New Zealand to the final. He scored at an average of 68.37 and maintained a strike-rate of 104.58. He scored one fifty and two hundreds in the tournament.

Sachin twice, Dravid once :hatsoff:(3 consecutive WCs :adore:)

Majid Khan 0 :((

Surely one of these 4 will top the charts. Unless a wildcard enters the picture. I think Kohli, Root are favorites while Smith has max probability of shining in SF/F. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Sachin twice, Dravid once :hatsoff:(3 consecutive WCs :adore:)

Majid Khan 0 :((

Surely one of these 4 will top the charts. Unless a wildcard enters the picture. I think Kohli, Root are favorites while Smith has max probability of shining in SF/F. 

:winky: