Do we have any real chance of winning the world cup with these openers and brittle middle order ???

velu

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If the openers maintain their sterling form we will have an 'Amethi'ng result like Ra Ga

The openers are India's biggest weak link. Too late now and have to back them fully. 

One of them will get out in the first few overs and expose Kohli. Then both openers are incapable of rotating strike due to poor form, thus eating up balls.

The openers will cost India games, especially against the toughest opponents. Too little, too late to do anything about it now.

10 minutes ago, shortbread said:

The openers are India's biggest weak link. Too late now and have to back them fully. 

One of them will get out in the first few overs and expose Kohli. Then both openers are incapable of rotating strike due to poor form, thus eating up balls.

The openers will cost India games, especially against the toughest opponents. Too little, too late to do anything about it now.

I just hope law of average kicks in at the right time. 

We will somehow reach the semis. Thereafter it's a matter of winning couple of games on the trot. We have a balanced team this time, with match winners in both departments. So yeah we can win it. 

Just hope we don't get Aus, Eng b2b in the SF/F. And pitches become less batting friendly in the knockouts, as I don't see us beating Eng on a flat pitch. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

I just hope law of average kicks in at the right time. 

Might happen against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan etc....the openers might score runs/the law kicks in.

Against stronger opposition, especially with score board pressure or facing a potent pace attack..... the openers will fall quickly or even worse fall after 10 overs with the score board on 30 odd runs!

I just hope at least one of them makes a 50 against pak!

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Have to really play out of their skins to win against batting heavy sides like England West Indies and eternal champions Australia.

Rest we will be fine.

Put runs on board and bowl them out. A 330 kind of score is not easy to chase in a pressure situation regardless of the batting hacks of WI or Eng.