Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Great thread @Lannister Bro. Thanks for taking the initiative and opening the thread. :clap2:

I came across one tweet today. Actually Rabindranath Tagore wrote our national anthem in Bengali, but later Hindians changed it to Hindi and ever since, our poor Bengalis have been singing their own song in Hindi. That kind of motivated me to open this thread.

Feel free to join in. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

false, South chose English as much as they chose their British masters. English in South is not due to choice but due to LACK of choice.

We have a choice now to reject Hindi. Bengalis were the first to bow down to British masters. Remember your history lesson. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Your state rights do not trump my national rights. It is my choice what i will do in Bengaluru, whether its bring Bong culture or Hindi culture. Its a free country and no amount of dravidian-giri will change that. It is my choice. 

Why don't you come and say that in B'lore streets. 

36 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I came across one tweet today. Actually Rabindranath Tagore wrote our national anthem in Bengali, but later Hindians changed it to Hindi and ever since, our poor Bengalis have been singing their own song in Hindi. That kind of motivated me to open this thread.

Feel free to join in. 

Thank You.

This thread has great scope. I feel this should not be limited to imposition alone and it should be extended to various other ways the imposition takes place. There are some serious scams happening in recruitment when it comes to postal and railways sectors.  The below one is from 2 years ago.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/tamil-nadu/2017/may/31/cbi-goes-after-haryanvis-who-topped-tamil-in-postal-exam-1611066.html

Earlier this year, While Tamils were busy shouting CSK da, dhoni da, thala da there was also another railway recruitment scam recently which the Madras High court took cognizance of biased against Tamils in general. Not sure if we will get any justice.

Edited by Stan AF

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

I wish English is made our national language, as such it is the lingua franca of the world and provides tremendous benefits. 3 language formula is the way to go, make Northies (Hindi and related dialect speakers) learn an extra one apart from English/Hindi...it may be a South Indian language or Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese, Manipuri, maybe even Sanskrit, Pali if they want, we have to revive our lost languages as well. For rest it should be English, local language and Hindi. Problem solved, everybody happy. In my school (ICSE, Bengal) we had no such jhamela, my 2nd language was Hindi (class 2-10) and compulsory 3rd language Bengali learnt for 3 years (class 5-7)....most Bengalis opted for Bengali as 2nd language (9 years) and Hindi as 3rd (3 years). Hope other boards in non-Hindi states follow the same formula, both local language and Hindi compulsory, preference up to the individual. 

To Southies (and NE folk) message is simple, knowing Hindi is a useful tool to have since majority Indians know it, at least basic understanding. No one expects you to be Munshi Premchand or Mahadevi Varma. 

To Hindi speaking Northies, you are a privileged lot, make some compromises and try to learn a 3rd language, it will also expose you to another culture, help in national integration. Maybe learn Sanskrit as 3rd language and bring it back from the crypt :dontknow:

To resident Bengalis, Marathis, Gujjus etc..chill, nothing to do with this tamasha. 

Sanskrit is anyway third language in Hindi medium schools till class 3rd.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

3 language formula suits all. So, there is no imposition of anybody. I wonder why cow-belt people are against 3 language formula. A lot of newer generation have not learnt their mother tonque (to read), as they learn German, French, etc as 2nd language, so we will be a confused lot, there will be opposition to the 3rd language signs as nobody would know how to read.

Why do you say cow belt people are against 3 language formula?

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

When this was brought out, they always question, why do you want to learn a foreign language when everybody can learn a swadesi language - Hindi? SaPa, BaSaPawaale will be the first ones to throw tantrums when somebody starts talking in English in the parliament. 

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sanskrit is anyway third language in Hindi medium schools till class 3rd.

I dunno, don't follow happenings in schools these days, not aware of present curriculum. Growing up, in my town only DAV (CBSE) offered Sanskrit as 3rd language for 3 years...most took it cos it was easy and high scoring. 

Edited by Gollum

Sanskrit should have been the standard   National language with all the other local languages including Hindi,Urdu etc etc . Being secondary language or state language.

Have no problem bowing down to Sanskrit and accepting it even over my own mother tounge.

There is nothing nationalistic about accepting Hindi as your national language.

Hindi is not even a local language or a dialect. A mix of local languages and foreign languages like Persian/ Urdu thrown in together. Now we have cringeworthy hinglish.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I dunno, don't follow happenings in schools these days, not aware of present curriculum. Growing up, in my town only DAV (CBSE) offered Sanskrit as 3rd language for 3 years...most took it cos it was easy and high scoring. 

I studied Sanskrit till 10th. 

Just now, maniac said:

Sanskrit should have been the standard   National language with all the other local languages including Hindi,Urdu etc etc . Being secondary language or state language.

Have no problem bowing down to Sanskrit and accepting it even over my own mother tounge.

There is nothing nationalistic about accepting Hindi as your national language.

Hindi is not even a local language or a dialect. A mix of local languages and foreign languages like Persian/ Urdu thrown in together. Now we have cringeworthy hinglish.

You have no idea about Hindi then. What you are talking about isn't hindi. Shudh Hindi is a deviation of Sanskrit. Regarding foreign languages, people of all languages use those these days.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Most Hindi speaking ones from North are, at least from my experience. Many are even against 2 language formula :phehe:, want only Hindi. They agitated and got CSAT struck from UPSC prelims qualifying, now it is merely qualifying with 33% pass mark. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

No one expects you to be Munshi Premchand or Mahadevi Varma. 

message to North Indians or Indians who know Hindi.  We know and its a good to have because you can not have any such language expectations on the general population. If its official languages its listed in the government law rules and regulations everyone will follow that. If its lingua franca its English. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

You have no idea about Hindi then. What you are talking about isn't hindi. Shudh Hindi is a deviation of Sanskrit. Regarding foreign languages, people of all languages use those these days.

So are Bengali,Gujarati and even Telugu,Malayalam. Why should the south or other states accept Hindi as the gold standard then?

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I studied Sanskrit till 10th. 

Pleased to hear, hope you don't forget the language and please engage with other Sanskrit speakers, subscribe to Sanskrit outlets, magazines etc. The language has to be revived, merely studying for the sake of marks won't cut it. If enough people start supporting Sanskrit and it reaches a critical mass with regards to number of speakers, we won't have to worry much, things will pick up fast then. Same with our other old classical languages which are struggling to stay afloat. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

So are Bengali,Gujarati and even Telugu,Malayalam. Why should the south or other states accept Hindi as the gold standard then?

Now why are you talking about what gold standard is? You said Hindi is a mix of other languages. I only argued about that. I don't care whether it is gold standard or not. Maybe people claim that because 44% people in India speak Hindi.  Anyway, one universal language or one national language isn't possible in India.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Pleased to hear, hope you don't forget the language and please engage with other Sanskrit speakers, subscribe to Sanskrit outlets, magazines etc. The language has to be revived, merely studying for the sake of marks won't cut it. If enough people start supporting Sanskrit and it reaches a critical mass with regards to number of speakers, we won't have to worry much, things will pick up fast then. Same with our other old classical languages which are struggling to stay afloat. 

Our shameful ness as Hindus and the embarrassment  of embracing our essence and values started the day we ourselves declared Sanskrit a  dead language. Chutiya nehru was obsessed with Iqbal and other mofos.

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Phalam phale phalaani

Sanskrit kabhi na aani

This was a famous phrase among students. :phehe: