This WC is going to be the worst.

Good news for Indian fans, this WC is going to be the worst in the recent memory. Even worse than 2011 WC. Rain and batting pitches is gonna make sure this WC is going to be the worst and hardly any match is gonna be close unless both teams in a match play drastically bad because the pitches aren’t going to sporting at all. And if that opening ceremony is a reflection of anything in the tournament then I am sure it’s gonna be the worst WC. Apart from England, All other teams are fielding their worst possible sides in the tournament. One example is SA, Like what the eff has happened to them. I won’t be shocked if they go for 400 tomorrow in the bowling and batting isn’t that good either.

2 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Off to a very boring start like most of the WC but people were expecting better as there were no minnows in the first game. 

The game had decent knocks by Roy, Roots, Morgan and Stokes. de Kock and Dussen batted well too. Archer bowled well, SA did well to contain Eng. Good fielding as well by both sides including the catch by Stokes :dontknow:

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

The game had decent knocks by Roy, Roots, Morgan and Stokes. de Kock and Dussen batted well too. Archer bowled well, SA did well to contain Eng. Good fielding as well by both sides including the catch by Stokes :dontknow:

But still. If you ever thought SA were in with a chance in this match after the first PP, I doubt you wouldn't be lying. 

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

But still. If you ever thought SA were in with a chance in this match after the first PP, I doubt you wouldn't be lying. 

It is true that I did not expect SA to win but at times, the fun can also be in seeing the improbable happen. And for improbable to happen, sides have to put themselves into a corner first 

14 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Off to a very boring start like most of the WC but people were expecting better as there were no minnows in the first game. 

The game was decent while De Kock was still around, which is about 3/4 of the overall match. The post De Kock collapse and Amla not being able to return earlier pretty much sealed the deal but until then it was quite interesting. 

What I am more concerned about are the Afghan-Aus type matches , and even more the Bangladesh-Sri Lanka matches where you don't care who wins because both are almost certainly going to be eliminated.

Pathetic format. 

Imagine if they just made the whole thing one large eliminator. 16 teams, 15 matches. It would be done within 3 weeks and people would actually bother watching it.