Why India needs to fail badly in the World Cup 2019.

If we want changes to be made at selection and to end nepotism and players too powerful not allowing younger and better players into the side, it is imperative that India fail.

If India cannot win the WC, which will be evident in our first few games, I would rather the team be humiliated beyond repair so we can rebuild a new one, then to play a poor team in the Quarter Finals and make it to Semi Final.

The worst thing for Indian cricket is for India to make the finals and play one of Sri Lanka/Pakistan/Banga in a quarter final, a win here and King Kohli will be thumping his chest that he took the team to Semi Final. Which ironically would be an achievement given how weak this team is, but he will actually play the card that this team is actually that strong.

Im tired of the BS on here about Dhawan's average in ICC tournaments, the player is finished. That was years ago. We are in 2019. The same can be said about Hitman and Dhoni too.

Kohli's failure is vital also to dismantle the power struggle in Indian cricket. I have never witnessed one player controlling team selection, the coach and players as much as King Kohli.

I dont understand the mindset of the idiots who think losing badly in World Cup will make for "better future". Do they have any clue how stupid that sounds ? Why does the IQ level of the average poster here seem so low ? In fact, I would say there is actually no comparison between the average Indian fan and Pak fans on the internet. Somehow, they just seem way more mature and sensible.

As far as ODIs are concerned, World Cup is the only trophy that matters. Nobody gives a rat's ass about bilateral tournaments or your Kitply Cups. Why would losing World Cup be better for Indian cricket if it only means building a better team to win those Kitply cups ?

As for building team for next WC, its so far away nobody knows what might happen in between. The team could be in even worse shape then and we may have a poor chance of winning the World Cup.

Can the mods do a favor and let only people who have some reputation create threads and not let every idiot create a thread for the sake of it ? It will make for a much better forum.

16 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

I dont understand the mindset of the idiots who think losing badly in World Cup will make for "better future". Do they have any clue how stupid that sounds ? Why does the IQ level of the average poster here seem so low ? In fact, I would say there is actually no comparison between the average Indian fan and Pak fans on the internet. Somehow, they just seem way more mature and sensible.

As far as ODIs are concerned, World Cup is the only trophy that matters. Nobody gives a rat's ass about bilateral tournaments or your Kitply Cups. Why would losing World Cup be better for Indian cricket if it only means building a better team to win those Kitply cups ?

As for building team for next WC, its so far away nobody knows what might happen in between. The team could be in even worse shape then and we may have a poor chance of winning the World Cup.

Can the mods do a favor and let only people who have some reputation create threads and not let every idiot create a thread for the sake of it ? It will make for a much better forum.

The genius wasn't even aware of the format of this WC.

World Cup is the pinnacle. No need to hope for the team's failure. It comes after 4 years which is a long time. Even after fling up the selection for 2 years, we can always make it up. Doesn't mean Indian team deserves to lose. We have to back these guys. They were indeed some of the best in the country.

I wouldn't go to the extent of wishing for team India's failure but if they do end up losing, I think it will bring immediate and positive changes. The world cup is only once in 4 years, so let's hope we have an entertaining tournament with at-least a semifinal appearance or better.