Imbalance of Indian line up

ijwl7md.png

I came up with a percentage value based on their career. I know it is arbitrary. But the point remains the same. One thing I want to make clear 100% doesn't mean they are better 85% doesn't mean they are inferior. This is basically the distribution percentage of their strengths. As you can see England is a textbook example of a versatile team. India is a textbook example of a one-dimensional team. Due to this imbalance, India had to accommodate a so-so all-rounder in place of a full-time batsman. It is a crying shame that our batsmen don't do anything outside their main skill set. No attempt to develop their skills in other areas. 

I was about to post this. We have plenty of holes in our lineup. First of all the main batsmen are either not good or too old. They cant bowl if needed. If we pick our main bowlers, they cant bat when needed to. Its a quandary. I have narrowed the best players in this squad or atleast will play according to me to 9. They are

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

KLR

Dhoni

Pandya

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bumrah

We can go with Jadhav/Jadeja as our no.7 and sixth bowler. 6th bowler is key because there will be bad days where our main bowlers may get carted around. Karthik misses out because of that. Shankar doesnt look like a no.7. If we play batters till 7, we can't play both Shami and Bhuvi. One of them needs to sit out. If we play them both, we will miss the extra batter and Bhuvi has to bat at 7 :cantstop:

I would go with Jadeja for the time being at 7 and Shami for the second seamer. If we reach the playoffs, I would drop Jadeja for Jadhav. I still cannot digest that he ran out Pandya in 2017 CT final. He runs out batsmen in crunch situations. The other thing with him is he is not a good finisher. That tied game with Afg, he had 3 balls to go for the winning run. He took on the first ball and was out. He seems like a bottler and a wannabe Dhoni. Jadhav is a good batsmen in pressure situations but is a poor ground fielder and his bowling is found out recently.