This is the most Competitive WC in memory

This is the most competitive WC in recent memory.

England - Incredible batting depth and home field advantage.

Australia - Balanced team which is peaking at the right time.

India - Has a fair chance if opening pair clicks.

WI- Looking very threatening with an amazing athletes all over the place.

NZ- Can beat anyone on a given day.

BD- Very competent team that can beat anyone.

SA- Another decent team.

PAK - OK and there is a reason why they are ranked low.

Top six teams are the most competitive I have ever seen. This is the toughest WC so far.

20 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Your recent memory goes back to? I'd say 2011 was competitive, 1999 even more so. The 2015 WC was really a batting shootout, regardless of how the final ended up & arguably the worst ever IMO.

What makes this so competitive is that any of the top six teams can beat the other on a given day. One side is not so dominant like the Aussies or the WI teams were. Fun times ahead.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Mostly down to the format. You don't have to just beat the minnows + 1 Top 8 side to make it to the knockouts.

Format does make it fair and competitive.

This is the first time I have seen so much parity. There is no stand out team in this format. Most of the teams are good.

3 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Who said they can be handful? They wont defeat anyone apart from SL and Afg and to keep in mind that most of the teams would lose to the Big 3 comfortably.

They may spring a surprise here and there but never said they are in contention. Pakistan really needs to look in the mirror to figure out why they suck. We all know the reasons.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Which team do you support and what is the reason for your diatribe?

Half of the matches include pathetic sides like pakistan,lanka, afganistan,bangladesh. Even south africa does not have fire power.

Best format would have been super six.

22 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Wait till rain comes slashing down next week and then see Bangladesh in the SF

Wake me up when that happens. Even if one of their "tougher" matches get rained off, they'd still need to win 4-5 out of their other 8 matches to have a chance of going through to the Semis. Fair play to them if they do so.