Aussies and the art of appealing

Seen them through the years getting decisions in their favor . bucknor to gafney 

my question is - what do they do differently to get more decisions in their favor ? I know they play good cricket but just seems that they have always been a rude team which gets decisions in their favor . I mean I remember top 10 appeals and Shane Warne and McGrath will feature in the top 5 Oscar performances ever 

I don’t want to blame the umpires . I do want to understand how they game the system .

yes they cheated recently with sandpaper but I think now it’s business as usual 

are icc umpires - 

1- bullied 

2- dumb 

3 - bought by bookies 

or are Australians 

- masters of drama 

- have the extra zip the go for appeals

- are tactically superior 

if anybody understands aussie culture - this has to come from somewhere . 

Also how best to fight them - they call it rub of the green . I call it manipulative bullying 

I don't know about not blaming the umpires, because good umpires don't get intimidated by appeals! Having said that Aus have always had the rub of the green going their way in case of marginal decisions, seen it while batting as well when we faced them in the 90's & 2k, except in India with home umpires.

https://mccrindle.com.au/insights/blog/three-in-five-australian-students-have-experienced-bullying/

was doing some google research search and found this . 

I don’t blame umpires cos they are human - but have just seen aussie after aussie intimidate oppositions , teams etc . 

The windies gave it back by sheer talent hence were winners . india started winning only when our own lion Ganguly gave it back in a way they understand well - the toss was a good example how Saurav checkmated Waugh. That’s the foundation of india’s success against them coupled with the in your face bullying of Turbinator . 

Teams that hat have played nice with them - example pakistan have never won .

the successful English teams always had a flintoff or a peterson in them - bullies in their own right 

The umpires will err in face of excessive pressure . Aussies seem to know how to do it without breaking the law 

White skin .. yes . We all love white skin -don’t we ! 

But everybody loves green more . In this situation maybe corruption is involved . Did the umpire bet against the windies ? 

In general , South Africa tried to bully like Andre nel or Donald kind of - crude crassy - if anybody recollects the Dravid six against Donald ... but I never see the whites suspended . It’s always banter or some weird name given to disguise white bullying . 

But any Asian player dare say a word - jadeja or Sarwan comment to McGrath - we always get suspended , reprimanded etc .

so yes - maybe . It’s a white dicks game 

Won't blame the Aussies here. They are appealing. Umpire's job is to not to be intimidated. Every team intimidates an umpire in a test match. If you watch test matches, you would know when spinners are operating, there is lot of bat-pad involved. Even we will appeal like crazy, everyone does, nothing wrong. You want to put pressure on batsmen that way.

It is umpire's fault I would say to fk up so many times. And not only stand in umpire, I would say its also the fault of TV umpire. He sits in the AC Room with all the technology of checking out slow mo replays, why can't he just call the main umpire and tell him to stop and call it a no-ball since it's a noble. TV umpire shouldn't only be used for the run outs, he is getting paid, use him for other services too instead of making the game look silly where even with the presence of technology, we are letting poor decisions take precedence. 

Time to use the TV umpire more. 

23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Won't blame the Aussies here. They are appealing. Umpire's job is to not to be intimidated. Every team intimidates an umpire in a test match. If you watch test matches, you won't know when spinners are operating, there is lot of bat-pad involved. Even we will appeal like crazy, everyone does, nothing wrong. You want to put pressure on batsmen that way.

It is umpire's fault I would say to fk up so many times. And not only stand in umpire, I would say its also the fault of TV umpire. He sits in the AC Room with all the technology of checking out slow mo replays, why can't he just call the main umpire and tell him to stop and call it a no-ball since it's a noble. TV umpire shouldn't only be used for the run outs, he is getting paid, use him for other services too instead of making the game look silly where even with the presence of technology, we are letting poor decisions take precedence. 

Time to use the TV umpire more. 

Finally a sane post in this thread...

We Indians tend to make fun of Pakistanis as they always show the victim mentality in daily life, talking about racism, conspiracies, etc etc... but this thread is a proof that we Indians are very similar

Let's face it, it is the job of Australian players to appeal, they can appeal however they want.. it's the umpiring fault that they fall for it.. Please stop name calling Australians...

9 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

We Indians tend to make fun of Pakistanis as they always show the victim mentality in daily life, talking about racism, conspiracies, etc etc... but this thread is a proof that we Indians are very similar

Let's face it, it is the job of Australian players to appeal, they can appeal however they want.. it's the umpiring fault that they fall for it.. Please stop name calling Australians...

I don't like saying it but have no choice but to mention that people who play cricket or have recently played will understand this more than people who have never been on the field or played competitive cricket. They don't understand that its natural to appeal ball after ball. Everyone does it. Not everything is shown or heard on tv. Even some random guy standing on third man when India is fielding might be appealing or someone from mid wicket and might be putting pressure eon the umpire every few balls. 

Its not the players, its the umpire and that cool guy sitting int he AC room, its their fault and the big boss ICC who need to fix this situation. Players are fine. Nothing wrong in what Aussies did. 

5 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Denness_and_Indian_cricket_team_incident

mate - it’s fair if both sides penalised .

i appeal - it’s excessive 

u appeal - u are trying 

u make a bully comment - it’s banter 

I reply back - I am unruly and breaking the spirit of the game

our pak bros not wrong - yes they can be overboard sometimes- but over the years , have always seen that Aussies do it and get away . Most other teams don’t . Flintoff can run with his shirt off and the only way back is to take off ur shirt in lords 

4 hours ago, mani sha said:

White skin .. yes . We all love white skin -don’t we ! 

But everybody loves green more . In this situation maybe corruption is involved . Did the umpire bet against the windies ? 

In general , South Africa tried to bully like Andre nel or Donald kind of - crude crassy - if anybody recollects the Dravid six against Donald ... but I never see the whites suspended . It’s always banter or some weird name given to disguise white bullying . 

But any Asian player dare say a word - jadeja or Sarwan comment to McGrath - we always get suspended , reprimanded etc .

so yes - maybe . It’s a white dicks game 

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

They are just bullies with white skin. That goes to their favour. In yesterday's match, I wouldnt be surprised if west indian players had boycotted and walked off the field. It was just terrible. 

brown victimhood. 

a form of reverse racism, there is nothing white to bad behaviour, if someone is a bully ( if among equals with their own mandates)the one being bullied is also partly responsible for being a pansy and not standing up for themselves. *ing MC BS the white boy.

30 minutes ago, mani sha said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Denness_and_Indian_cricket_team_incident

mate - it’s fair if both sides penalised .

i appeal - it’s excessive 

u appeal - u are trying 

u make a bully comment - it’s banter 

I reply back - I am unruly and breaking the spirit of the game

our pak bros not wrong - yes they can be overboard sometimes- but over the years , have always seen that Aussies do it and get away . Most other teams don’t . Flintoff can run with his shirt off and the only way back is to take off ur shirt in lords 

is there a consistant factual basis for this? as in are there several examples like the broad senior etc of white racist behaviour? There is also a lot of case-specific detail.

24 minutes ago, Vilander said:

is there a consistant factual basis for this? as in are there several examples like the broad senior etc of white racist behaviour? There is also a lot of case-specific detail.

I recommend watching those games closely . Used to watch all games live in the 90s and 2000s - it was evident that South Africans and aussies we’re getting away with murder .

i dunno if anybody has done a systematic analysis of fines etc . Again Anil Kimble - spirit of game comment summed up a lot . 

The word I like to use is not racist - just seems that expectations are different . 

The Indian or Pakistani fast bowler has to be this Wasim Akram or Bumrah mold - gentle, skillful and respectful . Meanwhile it’s ok for a nel or a Mitch to come halfway on the pitch and stare u down . Now if u reverse roles and u have an aggressive indian bowler say a Sreesanth - the likelihood of him being fined goes up manifold for the exact same offense . 

Hence I wanted to see what is it that Australians do different tactically to get a different response for same appeal 

prior to steve smith sandpaper episode - Kohli had pointed out how the aussies were looking at the dressing room to see if review needs to be used - kohli was painted as a cry baby etc in the media but no factual investigation was done . 

But if u look at stats -  u will realize how aussies were getting more successful reviews than any other team ( probably they have higher iq!) but after sandpapergate , their review percentage success is remarkably down . 

37 minutes ago, Vilander said:

https://sportzwiki.com/cricket/australia-seeking-input-from-dressing-room-on-drs-referrals-unacceptable-says-michael-clarke

the above behavior is an example of the Aussie way - game the system , intimidate , talk about playing hard cricket etc 

yes the aussie team was very good in the 2000s . They had in Warne and gIlly a once in a generation bowler . But they won a lot also because of gaming the system- now that they don’t have players of that skill , they tried gaming some more and landed in trouble . 

In in the game against windies , I saw the same approach of the 2000 team . Make no mistake - Ricky is leading the team as a consultant and reinstalling the play hard , game harder approach back into the yellow jersey .

44 minutes ago, Vilander said:

brown victimhood. 

a form of reverse racism, there is nothing white to bad behaviour, if someone is a bully ( if among equals with their own mandates)the one being bullied is also partly responsible for being a pansy and not standing up for themselves. *ing MC BS the white boy.

Easy for u to say bro to call somebody a pansy . 

I adore the bcci for standing up time and again to the racism - 

many players respond in their own manner 

Saurav took his shirt off

dravid hit Donald for a six next ball 

3 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Ghanta sensible post. There is nothing artistic about appealing. Even if it is no rocket science for subcontinent players to not learn till now. The only reason they stay low in intimidating umpires because they know they are going to be handed over their arse if they do so. While players from teams like Australia, South Africa and England have to be really crossing the line far too much to get any kind of punishment and even so just a slap on the wrist.