Sign in to follow this  
zen

WC19 | M12 | Eng vs BD | Cardiff | June 8th @ 2.30 AM PST

This decade, BD has enjoyed an upper hand vs. Eng in WCs. Having beaten Eng in 2011 and 2015, BD will be seeking a hat-trick of wins. Shakib, Mushfiqur, and Mamudullah are batting well so will be hoping for a good outing. 

Eng will be not only seeking to get back on track after the upset vs. Pak but also avoid the hat-trick of losses at the hands of BD in WCs this decade. Eng's fielding was lackluster in the last game so it will be hoping for improved performance in that department as well to support its bowling. One change that Eng can make is bring Plunkett in for Rashid, who may not be as effective vs. Asian teams.  

At Cardiff, BD did not have great warm-up game experience. The game vs. Pak got rained off, while Ind demolished it. But BD rose from that experience to beat SA. Can Cardiff produce a favorable result for it this time? 

Cricinfo preview

The Fans:

hqdefault.jpg

18trej6dt10vijpg.jpg

If BD wins, below could happen:

Bangladesh-Nagin-Dance-810x550.jpg

If Eng wins, the poms will be back to:

s-l1000.jpg

14 minutes ago, zen said:

@Tattieboy   a big game for Eng considering how BD has done vs. Eng this decade in WCs?

Sorry I did not get back to you on last four teams for simple reason I don't know . 

Australia ( my winners before start of tournament) and India are two and it's played out how I was thinking any 2 from Eng, NZeal, Pak, WI and yes an outside bet Bangladesh .

England were never my clear favourites because tournament cricket much different to bilateral . For start ICC are in charge of wickets .

I just don't get England's strategy to this tournament, if my team had 11 batters and weak bowling I would bat first 9 times out of 10 . It's highest score wins and you have a little more control defending a total batting first . It's a huge psychological advantage to have a big big score on the board , I just think this high risk cricket will fail in tournamount cricket. 

Aussies it is for me as I said a while ago, 

15 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Sorry I did not get back to you on last four teams for simple reason I don't know . 

Australia ( my winners before start of tournament) and India are two and it's played out how I was thinking any 2 from Eng, NZeal, Pak, WI and yes an outside bet Bangladesh .

England were never my clear favourites because tournament cricket much different to bilateral . For start ICC are in charge of wickets .

I just don't get England's strategy to this tournament, if my team had 11 batters and weak bowling I would bat first 9 times out of 10 . It's highest score wins and you have a little more control defending a total batting first . It's a huge psychological advantage to have a big big score on the board , I just think this high risk cricket will fail in tournamount cricket. 

Aussies it is for me as I said a while ago, 

Good points. I am not sure how Eng could have improved its bowling. If the bowling options were limited, it would make sense to strengthen the batting, where Eng needs a couple of batsmen from the top 6-7 to raise their game while being supported by others. Bowling can be supported by excellent fielding, which let Eng down in the last game. Also it can be smart in its selections like picking bowlers per conditions and opposition .... I hope to see some entertaining cricket from Eng :dance:

21 minutes ago, zen said:

Good points. I am not sure how Eng could have improved its bowling. If the bowling options were limited, it would make sense to strengthen the batting, where Eng needs a couple of batsmen from the top 6-7 to raise their game while being supported by others. Bowling can be supported by excellent fielding, which let Eng down in the last game. Also it can be smart in its selections like picking bowlers per conditions and opposition .... I hope to see some entertaining cricket from Eng :dance:

All about mind set , when you have a score on the board you can control the tempo , bowlers and fielders know exactly what is needed , concentration is higher in the field , this lot of English bowlers can't think bowling first , they need the comfort of the total on the board .

Their thought process increases with the safety of the runs on the board . They were lulled into a false sense of security for last two years every after was going to come off but nerves does things to certain players !

i think they still have a chance but a) being Scottish :biggrin: and b) for Justin Langer sake I hope Aussies win, me and him go a long way back 

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

If BD can upset England, that would really make things interesting in the points table. 

I expect Bangaldesh to fight again. They have been playing well. 

They do not have the bowling to unsettle Eng. I expect Eng to bat first and bat Bangladesh out of the game.

Most likely it will be a total washout like yesterday.  It has been raining continuosly in cardiff.  And there is 80% chance of rain throughout the day.   BonglaDesh will get 1 lucky point.   Moral Victory for them.

Ban have won the toss and elected to Field first.

Not a good Idea. Eng batting will score 300 minimum against this Ban attack and Ban's batting most probably won't chase down 300 in a WC match.

29 minutes ago, chewy said:

Looks like Eng banking on bowlers to bounce out Bangla

Not a 400 pitch, and pitch been under covers for 2 days, going to be sticky 

I am expecting close to 400 here, 350 definitely

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Most likely it will be a total washout like yesterday.  It has been raining continuosly in cardiff.  And there is 80% chance of rain throughout the day.   BonglaDesh will get 1 lucky point.   Moral Victory for them.

ICF needs a new meteorologist. 

1 minute ago, Zero_Unit said:

It went from 15 from 5 overs to 60 from 9 ... Lmao BD bowling eh:whack2:

seriously braindead bowling choices. Pitch had plenty to offer for seamers. What do they do. Bowl shakib for 4 overs and a trundler. While their ace bowler is yet to bowl a single over. Very reason you field first here is to nick one or two up the order. Best to do is Fiz. He is nowhere to be seen.

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We made fun of our batting style in the first 10. Now everyone is doing that.  5 overs 15 runs

PPL here are Afridi fan .........they wanna see just bang bang cricket. They dont consider pressure, pitches , opposition or anything 

3 minutes ago, Wall2018 said:

Everyone is playing safe

Ill say smart, they knw chasing 350 is tough in World cup then chasing it in a bilateral . Also these pitches arent absolute patta ...infact kohli was right 260-270 has proved out to be very competitive 

27 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

ICF needs a new meteorologist. 

hahaha. 

I am glad that my prediction went horribly wrong. 

Hope POMS score 500 today. Would like to have some sort of record being created on a bumper Saturday. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

IS this worth watching or is this again no contest between the bat and ball ?

It's always fun to watch Toygers getting some proper spanking. 

Edited by Black Zero

27 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

seriously braindead bowling choices. Pitch had plenty to offer for seamers. What do they do. Bowl shakib for 4 overs and a trundler. While their ace bowler is yet to bowl a single over. Very reason you field first here is to nick one or two up the order. Best to do is Fiz. He is nowhere to be seen.

It's like all these coaches and captain's just get on the bandwagon, just follow what worked in previous match without assessing conditions and players long term weakness

At least give Mustafsir few.overs with new ball, but instead you have 120kph Mprtaza bowling with new ball :hysterical:

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.