Nikhil_cric

CWC 2019 Match 15 | South Africa vs West Indies | Ageas Bowl, Southampton | June 10, 2019 | Match thread

Qualifying for the semis is quite simple for South Africa atleast on paper. Win all 6 remaining matches . The problem is they need to overcome opponents like the one they face tomorrow - The West Indies - who look a much better , hungrier side with a point to prove. The Windies have played with flair and aggression which SA have lacked throughout the tournament leading to what has been, upto this point their worst performance in any World Cup. While SA look to turn the tide, the Calypso kings will be looking to put aside the narrow loss to Australia and to bombard the Saffers with bat and ball in their quest for an SF spot. 

West Indies has a better chance of qualifying than South Africa at this point.SA team isn't that bad ,but they are already demotivated & looks like sad bunch of cricketers. I don't see them reaching semis from here .

Should be a cakewalk for Windies. Too much batting firepower - Pooran, Gayle, Hetmeyer, Russell and Holder can easily strike at 100+ SR and they have fast (albeit) erratic bowlers like Thomas and Russell.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I really hope one of gabriel/roach plays 

ideally, both should play. imagine the attack of thomas, russell, roach and gabriel backed by holder with the 6th bowler contributed by brathwaite/nurse. would like to see: gayle, lewis, hope, pooran, hetmeyer, russell, holder, brathwaite/nurse, roach, gabriel, thomas. last 3 can't bat, but a genuinely quick attack on the whole that can look for wkts.

Edited by Vijy

Just now, Vijy said:

ideally, both should play. imagine the attack of thomas, russell, roach and gabriel backed by holder with the 6th bowler contributed by gayle. would like to see: gayle, lewis, hope, pooran, hetmeyer, russell, holder, brathwaite/nurse, roach, gabriel, thomas. last 3 can't bat, but a genuinely quick attack on the whole that can look for wkts.

Cotrell has done really well cant drop him and he gives the variety of left armer

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Cotrell has done really well cant drop him and he gives the variety of left armer

oops, forgot about him. yes, cottrell should be in for his left-arm angle, salute, fielding and lower-order batting. so, 1 out of 2 from roach and gabriel.

Does anyone else feel that Aiden Markram and Shikhar Dhawan look like identical twins, while one is a left handed and other is a Righty? Not only they resemble in looks but their batting stances and bat lifts are the mirror image of eachother.

Not sure who to support in this game.

Obviously like Windies to do well, as they are an exciting team and a dark horse in this tournament.

But SA desperately needs a win to be relevant in this WC.

3 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Does anyone else feel that Aiden Markram and Shikhar Dhawan look like identical twins, while one is a left handed and other is a Righty? Not only they resemble in looks but their batting stances and bat lifts are the mirror image of eachother.

yes under the helmet they look similar

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

No.

They still would be in contention if they win their next 5 matches.

That will be a tough task.They have to factor possible rainouts too.

Edited by putrevus

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That will be a tough task.They have to factor possible rainouts too.

Exactly.

As a cricket fan, it really hurts us to watch washouts for a long time during the WC.

"I dare everyone to look at the forecast for tomorrows match at Bristol.."  courtesy : Cricinfo

32 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

There should have been reserve days in WC.

They used to have it in 1999 WC. I remember India's game against England where the play was resumed the next day. Without this reserve day, we wouldn't have won the match and qualified for the super sixes. They also had a rule where play resumes instead of playing from the start like they did in the 2002 CT finals. The trophy was shared by India and SL after playing from the start on the reserve day and it rained again. Sehwag was in such form that victory was inevitable.

5 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Sad to see Amla being only a shadow of himself. He was the fastest to many milestones. Now he's fighting for his spot.

That bouncer has finished him for this world cup. Not gonna adjust anytime soon. Knew this would happen as he is a mental midget.

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

England has 3 types of weather.   Little Rainy, Rainy and Most Rainy.

Worst place for cricket, followed by NZ.

I would rather have UAE host the WC than watching this s**t

Absolute crap weather in this country. I hope England’s 2-3 games are washed out too

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Looks like all the games this week will be affected by rain. Even the India vs pak game in Manchester has showers throughout the day. :facepalm:

Scattered showers. I doubt there will be washout. We will definitively get a game. Trentbridge might get abandoned.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

They used to have it in 1999 WC. I remember India's game against England where the play was resumed the next day. Without this reserve day, we wouldn't have won the match and qualified for the super sixes. They also had a rule where play resumes instead of playing from the start like they did in the 2002 CT finals. The trophy was shared by India and SL after playing from the start on the reserve day and it rained again. Sehwag was in such form that victory was inevitable.

I remember that match clearly. I don't understand why you need to start all over again. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.