Ankit_sharma03

Possible Replacements for Shikhar Dhawan

Since Dhawan is ruled out , who could be the possible replacements 

1. Rahane - he is already in England ......so i feel high chances he ll be called up

2. Rayudu- He was named in reserves and We made him open in Asia cup 

3. Gill - has already debut for India

4. Shaw

5. Mayank 

6. Pant- He hasnt been seen as an opener 

Bcci and TM will go with a conservative move and bring in a raydud or a rahane with the excuse of "experience",if that's the case I hope we promote ,pandya up the order and make sure he gets to face as many deliveries as possible 

1 minute ago, PSB_Zone said:

is replacement allowed as he is not out of the world cup
Just out for 21 days

That's equivalent to "done for the cup" .

It's better if we get a sound replacement and open with Raul ,it'll be gross injustice to them and the team combo if dhawan is available and played just for the KOs. 

If he's out for 21 days ,he may well be ruled out completely 

58 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Since Dhawan is ruled out , who could be the possible replacements 

1. Rahane - he is already in England ......so i feel high chances he ll be called up

2. Rayudu- He was named in reserves and We made him open in Asia cup 

3. Gill - has already debut for India

4. Shaw

5. Mayank 

6. Pant- He hasnt been seen as an opener 

Among them None of the players bowl and rahane is the only good fielder so that goes to his advantage as well 

3 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

I dnt take these news report srsly.....we didnt even play him for so long and when needed they pref rayudu , gill in middle so i dnt see how all of sudded he comes on radar ....its not that he set IPL on fire 

Going by team management's approach for some recent past, Rayadu and Pant are possible selections. I will put 60% in Rayadu's favour. However, Pant would be a better choice. 

Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Pant, Dhoni, Jadhav and Pandeya make it good. For next match, Shankar will be in at 4 and Rahul to open. Kohli will always like an extra bowling option. 

First off recovery time is unknown so let's hope he is only out for game or two. In the mean while shankar bat's at 4 after all that's what was told by msk. Worst case if he is out then rayudu comes in. 

Say VJ is injured too in nets and throw him out. Bring in Pant and Rahane. 

Then we can try Rahul opening first and Dhoni at 4, Jadhav 5, Pant Pandya 6 and 7. If Rahul can't handle, move him down the order where he is doing well and open with Rahane who is rubbish but can score scratchy 50 and see off new ball.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wud going berserk work in these condition and i still have doubts regd him over bouncers 

Dhawan is weak against bouncers , swing and high quality spin , but he still manages . We are the only team worried about conditions on these flat pitches . Pant can open and do well here .

20 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Dhawan is weak against bouncers , swing and high quality spin , but he still manages . We are the only team worried about conditions on these flat pitches . Pant can open and do well here .

Dhawan was week against bouncer but in past few years his game has evolved against bouncers and dhawan has a proven record in ODI against all the problem so these were never bigger problems in LOI for him 

These arent flat conditions....just few games were absolute flat till now