"Champions Adapt, Pretenders Panic" - How Will KL Rahul Approach Opening the Innings?

Rahul's Approach While Opening  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rahul will be _______ while opening the innings.

• Aggressive
    • Circumspect/Watchful
    • Defensive

Not going to be easy against Boult and Amir in his first two games back as opener. The guy comes across as bit unlucky for me sometimes. Was just finding his feet at no.4 and now he's going to open again for don't know how many games and then return to no.4. Big test of his mental strength. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not going to be easy against Boult and Amir in his first two games back as opener. The guy comes across as bit unlucky for me sometimes. Was just finding his feet at no.4 and now he's going to open again for don't know how many games and then return to no.4. Big test of his mental strength. 

I see Dhawan being ruled out completely, which will be the right call imo.

Rahul will probably have to open for the rest of the tournament. 

Let's not pretend that champions never panic, however in a team sports a champion team always lifts their weakest link! Zaheer for instance hat the bed against Oz 2003 final & Bangers 2007 first game. Yet he's revered as some LO champion, which tbf he only achieved in his last WC in India. In cricket, like in real life, a rising tide lifts all boats & a great team always makes up for its deficiencies elsewhere.

1 minute ago, gakgupta said:

This could be a blessing in disguise for rahul...

One good century and he will make this spot his own....

He seems to be in good form, as well...

I agree. Dhawan won't be playing the 2023 WC so this is Rahul's moment to stake his claim. Kinda like Rohit in 2013 CT.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes. May be Jaddu should open lol Anyway he just wafts and misses the ball completely

That is why the talk was always to swap places of Rohit and Rahul. But no one thought of moving Dhawan to middle order because left-right combo is very crucial at the top. As a Bowler you can never settle in and fielders have to constantly change too.

I actually would not mind Opening with Pant-Rohit and keep Rahul at 4. Lets see how it goes.

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rahul vs Amir, officially nervous. 

Rahul vs XXXX, he is going to be nervous. But when he frees up his mind and plays strokes he can dominate any bowler. He reached his 50 in 2.4 overs against Boult and SHami in the last year IPL.

XXXX - can be anybody